Pictures of Altars

hahaha a hell of a lot better than my altar! My altar is just an end table with a candle and incense :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

I don’t know if your post was directed towards me or not but I am going to comment on it, if that is ok. You work with what you have. I didn’t have an altar for a long time. But then I kept getting bugged about it so I started out with just the candle- dressed of course, and incense. I kept getting bugged to add things and you know women love flowers so, yeah! They are filled with flowers that I put oils on and I give them fresh flowers when I can afford them. Then when I am out I will see a stone or piece of jewelry and I just feel one asking for it on their altar so I get it. It is an act of joy and celebration and love…which much like cats has gotten a little crazy! At least I am not the crazy cat lady!! You work with what you have and what you feel comfortable with. If you can only have a table with a discrete candle and oil warmer or incense burner on it then that is great. Make the incense burner the representative of the deity you have the altar for! Put a plant there and that is earth and air and water. See what I did there? This is flexible and you can make it work for you and your circumstances and be happy with what you have. Mine is no better than yours (anyone’s). It just shows my level of crazy!

5 Likes

Cool set up! Where did you have the sigil made?

1 Like

I made it myself with a wood burning pen and a wooden disk from hobby lobby.

7 Likes

Nice!

2 Likes

Here are some Altars from my temple.

38 Likes

4 Likes

I’m currently using the top of my little toolchest as an altar until I can actually make a real altar. I may keep using the top of the toolchest though and just incorporate it into a larger whole. I may create a portable altar too for when I need to magick on the go.

8 Likes

Neither is “dark side”. The upside down cross is also called Peter’s Cross as when St. Peter was being crucified, he didn’t feel worthy to die in the same manner as his Lord and requested that his executioners crucified him upside down.

It is Peter’s Cross that’s on the Papal Throne:

It’s a sign and symbol of humility and unworthiness before Christ. Not of Satan, unless Satan feels humility and unworthiness before Christ. :stuck_out_tongue:

11 Likes

new altar set up

14 Likes

I have the same oil burner!

2 Likes

i had one in virginia but had to leave all my stuff when i moved…finally got another one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very beautiful altar, Arianna.

3 Likes

thank you @Nagathex ! :heart:

2 Likes

i made one more change the zebra stripes felt to busy for me. i like this better.

13 Likes

What is that man/statue

3 Likes

haha…idk hes a skeleton. .i found him at a yard sale. he has sort of a Papa Legba/ gothic vampire feel to him. he seems to like watching over my stuff.

oh and yes that is a little bottle of Patron if anyone was wondering :joy:

5 Likes

Lol nice he looka cool

2 Likes

2 Likes