Physical Shapeshifting Group

This is an idea based on the original shapeshifting group thread started by @C.Kendall, but with more of a specific emphasis on physically altering oneself, especially with regard to animal-like changes (the classic example being lycanthropy).

I realized that as a group, we actually have quite a lot of power between all of us, but it’s diluted by each trying to change only themselves. What if we formed a group and selected one person randomly for us all to focus our rituals and energy into for the purposes of achieving physical changes? If we can get it to work for one person, we can go one by one thereafter for everyone in the group.

I’m wondering if there would be interest among anyone here for a group working like that.

6 Likes

Hmm. Im not sure about anyone else but im totally up for this.

4 Likes

I’m in

3 Likes

niggaaaaaaa nods

2 Likes

I’m down :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Finnn @Noise110 @DebiDenice @itsnathanm7 Alright, looks like we’ve got the 5 of us to start, and can add others if they post in this thread.

Perhaps to begin, we can each say a bit about our objectives, as well as our backgrounds in magick?

For myself, I’m interested in anything consistent with lycanthropy. Claws, fangs, facial remodelling, you get the idea. Although I suppose I should pick a smaller target to start with, so perhaps fangs are a good starting point.

As for my background, I’ve done assorted eclectic evocations and workings with Goetic demons, particularly Marbas and Belial. I would consider Marbas my patron demon, partly because I just generally align with him, and also partly because he’s said to “change men into other shapes”.

6 Likes

Hmm, when it comes down to me I’m fine with being a lab rat and taking on any type of changes. Whether they be lycanthropic in nature or not lol. I’m mainly looking for something that will change me quite drastically.

As far as my background in magick goes, iv dabbled with it here and there. Just now starting to get completely involved with it. Right now I’m trying to find myself a Patron or Matron Spirit that aligns with my own goals and ambitions. I’m considering a few, but all in good time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’m looking to shift into a dragon, will provide more details and what not later on.

1 Like

I just want to turn into a cute girl when I want to.

1 Like

Very interesting thread and It brought my thoughts to the Native American shape shifter legends. I have in my path to be able to shift to an animal so. If any spots open up later I’m in.

2 Likes

@Bordicum Then you’re in! There’s no particular fixed limit.

At some point soon, though, we’ll pick someone at random to start with that all of us will target our magick at to induce a change. Once we succeed at changing that one person, we’ll continue to pick people at random to induce changes as a group until everyone’s been done. Hopefully this works!

Do any of you have a preference or suggestion for how we decide who goes first?

4 Likes

Looks like it’s us 6 so far that will be participating for now - @Finnn, @Noise110, @DebiDenice, @itsnathanm7, @Bordicum, and myself.

Let’s just go in the order we posted, that’s probably easiest - @Finnn - you’re first! If you don’t object, let me suggest we work on inducing some kind of small change to start that will serve as a ‘proof of concept’. Fangs would probably be the simplest - lengthening your incisor (canine) teeth, essentially.

To change something, you have to understand it, so let’s start with a bit of incisor tooth anatomy:

The goal is to increase the amount of the tooth that protrudes from the gum line (labeled gingival epithelium), so we don’t need to do anything to the underlying pulp, cementum, or bone. The goal is to increase the volume of dentin, which will still be encased in enamel of similar thickness to the original (see ‘after’ in the diagram). Dentin is produced by the odontoblasts, which are that thin layer of cells between the dentin and the pulp. There’s actually already circumstances where this can happen in large amounts in adults - for example, the drug tideglusib was recently shown to force odontoblasts to produce dentin. The goal of our group rituals is therefore to force these cells to start producing a lot more dentin:

My preliminary suggestion is to evoke Marbas to petition him to help with this, as he’s already associated with both shapeshifting and medicine:

The fifth Spirit is Marbas. He is a Great President, and appeareth at first in the form of a Great Lion, but afterwards, at the request of the Master, he putteth on Human Shape. He answereth truly of things Hidden or Secret. He causeth Diseases and cureth them. Again, he giveth great Wisdom and Knowledge in Mechanical Arts; and can change men into other shapes. He governeth 36 Legions of Spirits. And his Seal is this, which is to be worn as aforesaid.

But I’m open to suggestions of other spirits or methods to use. What do all of you think?

6 Likes

I’m up for this. Exactly how long would a transformation like that take?

2 Likes

Guys I’m pulling out of the group won’t have the time and energy to do it now . And that’s not fare to you guys ! I’m just not their yet in my path not ready . Whish you the best though in your endeavors!

2 Likes

I’m in, happy to be a part of this

1 Like

Hey I made an account just for this. I’d love to participate.

2 Likes

In? Is it too late?

1 Like

@void1 Nope, it’s not too late! You’re in, as are the two other new recruits, @LunarCarnivore and @Shadow_Whispers. Others are also welcome to post in the thread to join in as well.

Stay tuned for a reply from me soon on next steps.

3 Likes

I am VERY interested. I have been interested ever since I have first head of the subject about a month ago.

1 Like

Okay, so here’s what I’m thinking as a strategy. We should start with a group sigil to use during our rituals to get @Finnn to grow fangs. I’ve taken the liberty of making one based on the magic squares and witch’s circle methods:

I think we should start by doing two things - charging the sigil ourselves, and asking the shapeshifting-associated Goetic demon Marbas to also energize the sigil and effect the change. Remember that the goal is to force the stem cells in the canine teeth to start producing dentin and enamel in relatively large amounts quickly to force them to elongate. To make sure that we’re all on the same page, here’s a photo I found online of basically what I’m envisioning:

For those of you who aren’t familiar with the Goetic demon called President Marbas, here is his excerpt from the Goetia, and also his enn.

The fifth Spirit is Marbas. He is a Great President, and appeareth at first in the form of a Great Lion, but afterwards, at the request of the Master, he putteth on Human Shape. He answereth truly of things Hidden or Secret. He causeth Diseases and cureth them. Again, he giveth great Wisdom and Knowledge in Mechanical Arts; and can change men into other shapes. He governeth 36 Legions of Spirits. And his Seal is this, which is to be worn as aforesaid.

His enn is as follows:
Renich tasa uberaca biasa icar Marbas.

It probably makes sense to also select a ‘representative’ among us with good clairaudience/clairsentience that can relay communications and consultations with Marbas. @Finnn, @Noise110, @DebiDenice, @itsnathanm7, @Shadow_Whispers, @LunarCarnivore, @void1, and @Belzebub - are any of you good at communicating/conversing with spirits?

Also - @Belzebub, glad to have you on board! Welcome. :slight_smile:

6 Likes