Photos of Liminal spaces for magickal tapestry

I have known for some time you could order a custom tapestry online. Give the sellers a picture and they will have it printed onto whatever size you want. My idea is to use something that can aid in my magickal practice.

I want something that will encourage spirits coming and going as well as shamanic journeying. I’ve heard of photos of liminal spaces, photos that capture something of transition. Of a place in between what was and what will come. In practice this often turns into photos of abandoned places or empty businesses, but I love the idea.

I would be more liberal in the definition myself, I would say a liminal picture is a picture that captures a state between what is and what isn’t. That reminds me strongly of the concept of a crossroads.

I have a few pictures in mind that I think would make good states of un-reality within my magickal space. ill first post my favorite and the rest will be in random order.

main-qimg-be3ac734b05aaca4f47966dc72267ea2

Obviously some of these are ones you will see passed along often. I’ve searched the usual places (tumblr, reddit) but haven’t really found a lot of pictures like this. For anyone else who likes these, do you have any favorites? Or any suggestions on where I can find more?

And obviously a lot of this is personal taste, but what does the rest of balg think about the idea of using liminal spaces to imcrease the liminality of my magickal space? I think future goals are to have a projector that can switch between many different pictures depending on what is needed. Digital picture frames are a good idea also.

2 Likes

I like the long hall way and the dark street light road with the lights all shining on it from the stop lights.

1 Like

The one with the stoplights is really cool. I love seeing the light blend like that.

1 Like

My favorite of these has always been that pool image. I frequently visit a place just like that in my dreams.
I always come across images like this by accident, but rarely when I search for them.
*edit, forgot to add a couple contribution photos

3325142216_4f92041c92_z

2 Likes