Petition to a Dragon: details from Japan

For those interested in communicating with dragons :dragon:.

Here is a temple/shrine dedicated to a dragon I visited in Japan.

The bell is to announce the presence of a human and summon it. You light a candle :candle: as an offering and give money ( like a Catholic Church to a saint).

Most shrines and temples in Japan put their request on a piece of wood that is written by the petitioner and then burnt by the priest.

There is always a ritual water cleansing if the hands and mouth in a water basin prior to all petitions.

Notice the altar set up .

5 Likes

Is that his name on the label? :thinking: I wonder if I could ask it to show itself to me by petitioning it from these pictures! :rofl: it could be fun if it shows up!

1 Like

I strongly advise not to summon a dragon just to see if it works. They must be respected with honour. These are powerful beings.

This is a dragon that deals with luck. Woe unto you if you mess with him. Friendly warning.

3 Likes

:thinking: but I will be respectful and offer a drawing that I will be posting on my journal here! It can take it or leave it! :sweat_smile: it’s their choice to show up! Am not summoning them am! simply asking nicely!

1 Like

Thèse are of the Japanese variety. Wash your hands and face first. Bow then make your request. Offer a candle.

2 Likes

WARNING

BE VERY RESPECTFUL WHEN COMMUNICATING WITH ANY DRAGON,

you contact a Dragon st your own risk. DO NOT attempt to summon a Dragon :dragon: just for the fun of it or just to see if it works. These are extremely powerful beings.

Wash your hands and mouth, then bow and make an offering.

1 Like

:kissing_heart: thanks for the warning!

2 Likes