Pentagrams

What is the difference in meaning between the “single point up” pentagram and the “inverted” pentagram? My copy of Evoking Eternity has the inverted pentagram on it, as does EA’s arm. I’m very curious about this. Thanks -Lykaon

1 Like

Thanks necromaster. It seems that [like any symbol] the pentagram means what you feel it should mean for yourself. Just as Christians might see ir as a sign of “evil” or as a Satinist might find a crucifix repulsive. One more example would be how a Nazi and a Hinude would see a swastika quit differently. Sound like I’m om the right track? Thanks -Lykaon

i always thought that upright and downright pentagrams are interelated like ying and the yang, electric and magnetic.

To my way of thinking, I go to the society or tradition the symbol originated in - the “original intent” so to speak. And how much emphasis you place upon cultural variations AFTER that point of origin is only helpful if it lines up with the impression you are forming toward your own Wisdom. Insofar as inherent Power within a symbol, I believe a symbol ‘gathers Power’ according to the use of it over the centuries. So, the dominant usage for it would factor in, as well. Make sense? :wink: Z

The upside down pentagram can supercharge works of black magick. Depending on how you view it that is.

1 Like

Indeed NECROMASTER! A perfect example of the symbol gathering power from Intentional use over the centuries. The more it’s used FOR that pupose, the more power it gathers to SERVE that purpose … Excellent example! :wink: Z

What is the difference in meaning between the "single point up" pentagram and the "inverted" pentagram? My copy of Evoking Eternity has the inverted pentagram on it, as does EA's arm. I'm very curious about this. Thanks -Lykaon

You should read Works of Darkness. E.A. gives there an excellent account of the differences between the two kinds of pentagrams.

1 Like