Pele - A Path To Journey Beyond her Caldera

A literal example of Pele’s warming ritual. It was “safe” to do it for self love. I’ve done it for others. In a wide capacity. The energy YOU provide (to the paper and/or candle) is one part. Your relationship with Pele determines what she provides.

Believe it or not, this is a time reduction. You turn the candle to direct the wax. Your directing the wax is also focusing Intent and Effort. Your.mind knows what is written in the center.

Then, you burn it.

7 Likes

Did you notice that the image by the end of your ritual, sort of looks like a face? Well except that what would be the nose is on fire

1 Like

No, I don’t notice most things by picture, my friend. It’s a glaring notch in my armor.

But I did secure a deal of sorts tonight, so I’m not surprised.

My son is underage and his mother is an atheist. No worries there, but I’m fond.of saying that, “sometimes those with ability have a responsibility”.

Maybe that was related

Maybe this was, too

The rest taken tonight were for the equivalents for the Warming rituals. I don’t just talk about them :slight_smile: I do them and the indicated that since I was going to photograph them, I may as well get something of “value”.

As if photographing them wasn’t enough.

I couldn’t find my diabetic lancet device (any of them), so, I went old school. I prefer the lancets.

5 Likes

A Curse With Pele

After being given and conducting the petition-based rituals, I wasn’t sure what else there would be to add. While she does cause a lot of destruction, she’s not really known for taking a lot of lives in the process. Most people familiar with Hawaii are aware of “Pele’s Curse”, where bad luck befalls those who take home natural items, like sand or lava rock, from Hawaii. Supposedly, there are hundreds of ill-taken rocks, pumice, shells, etc that are mailed back due to streaks of bad luck befalling the tourist upon returning home. Unlike some traditions that suggest making offerings to local land spirits to harvest a branch or a stone for your purposes, there is no local equivalent for that in Hawaii - they belong to Pele.

I couldn’t help but wonder if this could be used in some manner to curse the deserving. Obviously, there would need to be modifications and using an intent similar to “curse them like those people that steal from you” didn’t have the right ring. Surely there was a way to harness her power in a way that is similar enough to cause such an impact. I had wondered about this quite a few times along the way and put it off until the timing felt right. I felt it was time and the only way to really get an answer was to ask.

I went into evocation with Madame Pele and presented the idea to her. While I could tell she had been expecting the question, her amusement surprised me - until I realized she’d been feeding me some of my thoughts about it. She’d saved this until she’d seen the working of the other rituals contained in this grimoire. They build on each other and help grow the relationship between the practitioner and Pele. Part of this is to help ensure that there is enough progression for the working to take place and the other is to allow the practitioner trust in her for this ritual.

I gave her a target, which she agreed to. For a duration, I suggested that she decide, based on the amount of suffering that had been inflicted. She wanted at least a drop of blood from each of the first three fingers on whichever hand I chose. When I asked why, she told me to hold them up, together and look at them. It dawned on me as my eyes moved to one of the mountains within my view. I used to draw a volcano and offer blood on it after establishing a relationship with her, as she doesn’t have a sigil. She was amused.

I cleared my head and spent some time getting myself into a deep enough trance state to facilitate the invocation that was going to take place. She was already in the area from my evocation, which meant that I could begin immediately.

“Madame Pele, I thank you again for coming and your guidance in this ritual. Please come into me, that I may channel your power for this working.”

I felt her slip inside as she has before, but this wasn’t for a wine or food tasting. She came in gently for a few seconds and quickly flooded my body, leaving me conscious and nominally in control. I felt more full than I ever have with partial possessions. I could feel her power ready to surge forth and mine following her lead. I had no fear.

I pictured the target in my mind and could feel a connection to the space the person was occupying. I was expecting some sort of barrier due to some of the religious practices that were done in the past. Thin as a sheet, they melted away, leaving the target unprotected. I verified that his wife wouldn’t be harmed and began unleashing upon him.

I don’t know how long it went on, where this curse was being fed into him. I was focused on sending the energy of this curse into as much of him as would take it. She would periodically tell me to keep going as the energy kept on surging. Her energy, my energy, flowing as solidly and steadily as a flow of lava. I could feel spirits, similar to land spirits and elementals, moving to the area as part of the duration agreement, but was so absorbed in maintaining my concentration that I didn’t want to break away to investigate.

I kept this up until I began to retch. I would attempt to throw up, focus back on the river of energy that seemed to have no end, throw up, and continue sending it forth. This happened a few times.

Finally, she stopped the flow. I attempted to throw up a few more times, but felt it subsiding as her energy started withdrawing. Within a few minutes, I felt normal again. I then thanked her and closed the ritual.

Prior to conducting the ritual, I had worked out with her the general flow of the ritual. When I asked about any particular requirements for others conducting the ritual, she gave some things to think about prior to conducting it. While some may seem like common sense, I felt that if she was making a point to say them, then I probably should, too.

There should be a relationship with Madame Pele before conducting this ritual. Unless it’s an emergency, take some time to get to know one another, especially if you’re going to invite her in to the point where you’re not in complete control.

Work out the details prior to the invocation. This would include the target, the justification, the duration, and the payment. You don’t necessarily need to evoke her to full manifestation (save the energy for the real ritual), but you will need to be able to speak with her to work this out. Otherwise, it will take away from the single-mindedness she’s looking for during the ritual.

The third is that you need to be able to sense her presence when first calling to her and to be able to feel her come inside. While you can conduct the ritual, if you can’t feel her inside or sense/hear her guidance when conducting it, you’re not going to know when you’ve given and sent enough energy to the target. You may stop prematurely and lessen the effect or go on too long and simply exhaust yourself for no additional gain. This is something that can be worked on beforehand and will lessen the side-effects of having that much of her energy in your system.

6 Likes

A Meeting with Hi’iaka

Hi’iaka came to me one afternoon.

Hi’iaka: You need more light and healing in your work. You will need to learn to tap into Nature to pull the power you fantasize about (connecting with and using Nature’s power for workings - she nodded at this description).

H: You can connect to it, but not enough. Practice connecting more with Nature. (I thought of Taoism, the interconnectedness). Yes, similar. There are many things for you to learn.

Me: Like what, for example?

H: Calling forth natural spirits differently than you do. You do it through means that can’t be expressed well to others, nor taught well. This is one such thing. (I wanted another, but she was quiet about it). You will learn to break through barriers like a tree breaks forth from the ground, the way it breaks concrete over time, all of which comes from being anchored into the Earth itself.

M: How is this different from connecting with the magma below our feet?

H: Individual items can be done this way (a tree, a rock, a mountain). It takes a different type of connectedness to connect to them all actively.

M: Similar to Omnipresent?

H: No, not quite. This is an active skill, not a passive one. You aren’t surrendering yourself to connect, but tapping into what’s already there. You will see. We (we?) will teach you and you will teach others.

I could tell she was going to leave and thanked her for coming. She then left.

Who is Hi’iaka?

In short, Hi’iaka can be numerous sisters of Pele with the same name, the number of which depends on the location and, most importantly, who was telling the story. The most commonly accepted identification is that she is Pele’s youngest sister and was dear enough to her that she was brought to Hawaii by Pele in an egg when she fled. Some of the stories say she was here before the Hawaiians arrived from parts of Polynesia and some say after.

Hi’iaka is considered the patron goddess of the hula and has been associated in the sagas with raising the dead and other magical acts. The driving app we used on Hawaii Island described her as being the Goddess of Life and Nature to Pele’s Destruction. When Pele has done her work, Hi’iaka is credited with returning Life to the affected area. Pele may be considered the Goddess of the volcano, but Hi’iaka is the patron goddess of all Hawaii. Despite this, she is not as well known outside of Hawaii and isn’t featured in more stories. This is likely due as much to her gentler temperament, when compared to Pele, as her acts are portrayed as more individual that, say, a mountain range you have to drive around.

5 Likes

Cord Cutting With Blades

I was enjoying a sunny lunchtime walk around the outside of the building when Hi’iaka appeared beside me. I was shown a flash of blades of grass swirling around me, cutting unwanted and unnecessary connections. The blades spun around me quickly, driven by the wind that was spinning around me like a cylinder. She held out her hand - it was my turn.

I first started pulling the essence of the grass into a cylinder around me and began the spinning process. Not only were they moving around me, but they were moving fast enough to slice into things. I felt a few connections (benign ones that I was sure would return) get removed. I kept practicing and this resulted in a few additions that I felt were important enough to incorporate and pass on. The first was thatI connected quickly and lightly to the grass (or trees) I was using. The second is that I sent the energy back into the ground (or tree), with the attachments, so they were grounded fully away from me. Those additions may have been more psychologically important than psychically, but it works and I felt they were the equivalent to the “So mote it be” or “it is done”.

The Ritual

1. Calm/Still yourself enough to connect with the Nature energy around you
  2. Connect to the Nature Energy - Grass, Weeds, Leaves, Thorns, Etc…
  3. Pull some of it towards you in the shape of leaves, grass, or similar.
  4. Direct the blades to begin whirling around you until they are blurred
  5. Direct them to cut all non-beneficial cords and attachments.
  • It may feel like resistance as they wear the cord out or cut through
    Allow them to rotate until you feel there are nor cords or resistance remaining.
    Extend a hand back to the Nature source, sending the blades and attachments into it.
  1. Repeat as needed and as desired.

Note : This is a quick and intuitive cutting. A more heavily involved version is listed later. When I was first given this, I did it a dozen times on my walk, until it flowed smoothly. My persistent attachments I don’t mind came back shortly. The stale and less useful ones did not.

5 Likes

A Natur(e)al Binding

I was singing to Pele one morning and was shown a binding ritual involving Hi’iaka, using vines and thorns. I saw their legs being held, the thorns digging into their skin to anchor the vine. I saw the vines penetrating their abdomen and crawling inside to grab hold of their heart. I saw the vines creep up their arms and secure them to their sides. They moved to wrap around their throats, their eyes, and finally stopped after winding around their head, rendering the target unrecognizable.

The locations were symbolic of non-life threatening means of binding various aspects of the person and could be done piecemeal or as a whole. There were clear implications that they could be used as darkly as one wanted. The level and effect on the target is up to the magician and their ability to enact their Will against their desired target.

As I pondered this and worked it over in my head at work, I was shown that I could do this energetically, either by evoking the target and enacting it that way or by creating a servitor with the intent of performing this. I could also send the visualized and emotionally charged intent into a candle to then burn. I could also petition Hi’iaka to do this on my behalf. Whether it is done energetically or via candle magick, there will be the need to connect with Nature to help empower the working with that energy. Unlike dark and malicious energy types, such as Abyssal or Death energy, Nature is something we’re used to and can cause us to let our guard down. It can slip into the target like a weed growing in a crack in the concrete, to gently break them into pieces.

The ritual’s wording should be changed to reflect the magician’s style of speaking and outcome. Maybe the binding of the throat means someone stops telling lies to one, while it means they should suffocate from their lies to another. The wrapping of the heart may mean heartache and heartbreak for all or just a single person. Ponder the meanings and let your intuition guide how it is stated in your rituals.

Here is an example of a petition I did when first attempting this ritual. I will copy it from my grimoire entry. Please note that when I am stating the binding effects, I am also visualizing the actions and energizing it with intent to communicate sincerity to Hi’iaka and show what I expect to happen.

I sat and focused to get myself into the ritual state until I felt ready to call out to Hi’iaka and feel her presence in the area.

“Hi’iaka…Hi’iaka…, I call to you. Please come assist me with a task I have need of you for.

Hi’iaka, come. (repeat as needed until her presence is felt).

Hi’iaka, I ask you to bind a worthy target. Bind X for my benefit and to my satisfaction.

Bind their legs that they halt forward progress

Bind their sexuality to cause frustration and failure

Bind their arms that they cannot free themselves

Bind their heart that they may feel the pang of heartbreak and are incapable of feeling loved.

Bind their throat that their words betray them to others

Bind their eyes to render them blind to what is good for them

Bind their third eye and crown, to cut off their gifts and abilities.

Wrap your vines around them, pulling them to the ground, rendering them helpless to the world.

(I made a payment offering here. I felt her acceptance of it.)

Thank you, Hi’iaka, for binding my enemy. Go in peace.

When I tried the psi-ball approach, I still called upon Hi’iaka to oversee the enactment of the binding. I could just pull energy from Nature, leave Hi’iaka out of it, and perform the ritual. My personal preference is to also call on a Deity/entity to help direct my working to be as effective as it can be.

A significant difference between the petition and the psi-ball working is that of collecting, empowering, and sending off the working to the target when it is ready. I put the intent in right away that the working should fire itself off when it has enough energy to efficiently perform the task I have given it, a binding in this case. Using this intent from the beginning, I can then focus on giving it instructions and gathering the energy needed. When it has enough, it sends itself on its way. It is my responsibility to let it go when it suddenly leaves. I do admit that sometimes it surprises me and I wonder if I gave it enough, especially when I enter the ritual with preconceived expectations of how much energy the ritual will take. We don’t always know how much it actually will take, so let it go when it wants to and be done with the ritual.

7 Likes

Gripping!

Read non-stop and got to halfway until I needed to pause (bec life interrupted), but I just had to comment before I put this down and continue later.

Hands down, the best grimoire / journal I’ve come across and read here! Excellently written and the content, :exploding_head:!

Thank you very much for doing this and sharing! Indeed, very much worth precious time to read.

This is pure, :fire: lava gold!

Hail, Madame Pele!

2 Likes

The Unbinding Ritual

Just as the binding ritual can be used to bind a victim in a variety of ways, the same mechanism can be used to unbind. As I finished working through the binding rituals, I was shown that the same mechanism and symbolism could be used to unbind a victim. Instead of the vines wrapping around as you go through the ritual, the vines are already on the victim and represent the binding actions. They may not just be on the victim themselves, but could also be on objects and locations, such as a workplace or someone’s residence.

The preparation for this unbinding will be similar to the binding ritual and will depend on how one decides to go about the process. Someone proficient in astral projection or journeying will travel to the person or call forth their spirit to slowly remove the vines and similar from the affected areas. Someone doing evocation will perform a similar feat, but will evoke the victim and use intent and Will to remove the binding from the spirit body manifest in the triangle or manifestation or similar mechanism. The final means is simply to petition Hi’iaka to remove the binding from the victim and help heal their spirit body to prevent any sort of parasitic infection from any holes and imbalances left in their energetic body.

The following is an account of using this to help someone with long-standing emotional issues from childhood trauma.

I decided to perform the unbinding ritual on my friend’s boyfriend who was going through a rough time. He was under a lot of stress and PTSD from childhood trauma was being aggravated.

My plan was to evoke the victim into a triangle made from incense stick holders, with a candle inside of it. I would move the bound trauma from him into the candle. The goal was to remove existing negative attachments, send any bindings, blockages, and negative energy to improve his quality of life.

I readied the candle, set up the triangle, lit the incense, and sunk deeper into trance than my typical pre-work (listening to ritual music and readying myself for the task).

I called Hi’iaka to my ritual space and felt her come in shortly. She knew I sensed her presence and didn’t feel the need to announce it to me. She agreed with the working and I felt that she was more approving (?) of this type of working. She prefers to help rather than harm.

I’ve evoked many people before for a variety of reasons. On a whim, without knowing why, I asked her to assist.

“You can do this on your own. But I can make it happen faster.”, was what I heard. Perfect.

I opened the triangle and connected with the victim through it. I then began the calling and pulling to bring him in. When I felt he was halfway present, I felt Hi’iaka pull him quickly to the three quarters mark.

“That is enough (to do this work)”.

I began the process of sending the vines, cords, and negative attachments into the candle. It was like detaching them, watching them drop onto the “ground”, then sending them into the candle. I tried cutting one at the base and sending it into the candle like a retractable cord, but it was inefficient for me.

Eventually, he was clear and although there were still some negative feelings, the attachments and similar were gone. I verified with Hi’iaka before thanking him and releasing him from the triangle. At this point, I also thanked her.

I blooded the candle as payment (she didn’t ask for this, it was what I offered) and lit the candle to release the energy into the area. When it had finished burning, I banished and called it a night.

A few days later, this target started opening up to my friend about some things that allowed the relationship to continue to grow. A few weeks after that and some serious hurdles had been cleared, with him taking the initiative in progressing things that showed he was really starting to free himself from past haunts.

Note : What’s the difference between the Unbinding (above) versus the Blades? Several. The Blades are used for a quick, light cutting for attachments/bindings that have happened that aren’t necessarily deeply rooted. Say, a bad meeting or encounter or when you’re feeling a little “off” but it isn’t in the moderate to severe range.

The Unbinding can be used as a cord cutting ritual, but is on the heavier side. I would use it for more severe or substantial attachments, whether those are emotional

Both may have to be used more than once and I do it’s not uncommon for me to repeat them until I don’t feel “resistance” anymore.

A Hybrid Method

I had a friend going through a rough emotional time from a divorce that had been going on for a few years. The toll it had taken on her mental health was significantly impacting her daily life. When things had gotten better or more stable, someone or something would ratchet the pressure back up again. As the divorce date neared, things were really getting bad and emotions that had been “dealt” with were coming back up and adding to her distress.

I went to perform Hi’iaka’s Unbinding Ritual with Goddess herself already in the area when I felt that I should go about it another way. I have permission to evoke this friend of mine and another version of the unbinding was born.

I grabbed a green candle and carved my friend’s name on it. I then turned to Hi’iaka in my ritual space and asked her to help me remove all of the negative attachments from my friend. I could feel Hi’iaka’s approval.

I made a triangle of manifestation out of my incense stick holders and placed the green candle in the middle of it. I traced an energetic triangle in its shape. I opened this triangle like you would a sigil, setting the intent that it help bring my friend to me gently.

Once I felt the energy in it change, I began calling out to her, calling her forth into the triangle for the agreed upon task. I continued doing this until I could feel her come through. I didn’t stop doing this until I could feel a miniature version of her standing in the triangle.

At this point, I set the intent that I needed to see negative attachments only and then used my mind’s eye to find these attachments. One by one, I moved them from her and into the candle. I did this until I couldn’t see any more and she felt “clean”.

I let my friend go from the triangle, removed the energetic triangle, leaving the candle with the attachments. I lit the candle and dispersed the attachments into the air. After it was done burning, I banished the environment and called it a night.

The divorce was final in a few days and she decided to go out to the movies by herself, enjoying a comparatively quiet evening.

5 Likes

Healing From Stress

It had been a particularly stressful few days at work and I decided I should get up and take a walk around the building. It was actually dry and sunny with a bit of wind to keep it from being too hot. On my walk, Hi’iaka approached me and instructed me to connect with Nature, move the energy around my body, let it bind to negative energy, and then send it back to remove it from my body. She watched silently as I practiced the technique and then gave the impression that it can be used to help heal, too, if that’s the intent.

The first step is to connect with Nature itself. In my case, it was a grassy field I was walking beside.

Calm your mind and reach out to it, feeling it as a collective whole and not the individual parts of it. This is similar to connecting to feel out a house or landmark and shouldn’t take too much effort.

Once you can feel a connection with it, inhale, pulling the energy into yourself. Let it mix with your energy and allow it to bind to the negative energy you’d like to remove, such as stress, pain, or injury. If you need to do this over several breaths, that’s fine.

Exhale and send the energy back into Nature. Let the Earth ground it for you.

Repeat as needed. I did it for ten minutes the first time I performed it and it really helped reduce the stress and general anxiety over the rest of the day.

As a follow-up to this, I was on a walk and my hip was a little achy from the previous day’s workout (overuse injury recovery). It wasn’t excessively painful and wouldn’t need even ibuprofen. I was successfully ignoring it when I felt Hi’iaka come by and remind me of the above exercise. Instead of cycling it throughout my whole body, I was told to pull it into that specific spot, let it mix however long it needs to, until it starts to lessen or dull (meaning it’s being used), and then return it to the soil. Repeat the process as needed or desired.

A few points I wanted to make about using it in this way, though. It’s not tied to breathing as much, since the healing energy of Nature should be allowed to take the time it needs to work. Another is that she did indicate a better result would be obtained from returning the energy (including anything it may have picked up or attached to) back to the source, a grassy field in this case. Think of it as both a returning of what was borrowed and a way to ground. I wasn’t quite following the “grounding” portion of it, as I ground frequently. She indicated that if it becomes a habit to ground the energy into Nature, then those times when we forget or don’t quite do enough of it compared to our workloads will be better balanced by habit.

The final point I wanted to make was that I questioned why Nature would want that stale (by comparison) energy returned to it. Was it being forced on those entities I connected to (grass field here)? If it was, that’s fine, but the question popped up in my head and I’m still unsure if it was mine or…encouraged. She was a little amused. Using grass as an example, she stated that grass takes from the soil and the sun to sustain itself. “It can give back, too”. That wasn’t what I was expecting, but I appreciated it and I took some time to reflect on it during the rest of my walk.

7 Likes

Hi’iaka’s Elementals

H : “You may call on my elementals. When you do this, you should include a blessing to the ground (in place of an offering).

M : “What does this blessing look like, consist of?”

H : “I will show you.”

She stuck her hand about six inches from the ground and I watched her push some energy into the plants in the area, to help them grow better. When she was finished, an elemental came from the wooded area past the back fence.

It looked like it was an amalgamation of different plants. Her head looked like a flower getting ready to bloom, but just shy of it. Her arms looked like long blades of grass and her legs like that of dandelion leaves. Another joined and had similar composite features. Both of them simply looked at me and seemed almost devoid of feeling.

H : “They will respond to kindnesses shown to Nature and will do most tasks, provided they don’t conflict with Nature itself. Think of me, give the offering, and set them to the task. In time, you may bond with them and they will help protect you and your home.”

She left at this point, but the elementals stayed, measuring me before nodding and walking away.

Calling Hi’iaka’s Elementals

Calm yourself and if you have a task for them, refine it until you have a clear picture of what you want to happen and how you would define the success of it.

Make a mental and spiritual connection to Hi’iaka, with the intent of calling upon her Elementals. Set the intent that they will come when enough energy has been given.

Crouch down (if necessary), placing your hand about six inches from a living plant or tree.

Send energy into the plant or tree with the intent of helping it grow or healing it from disease.

Continue to do this until the Elementals come or you start to lose focus or feel drained. If your task is large or complex, you may need to add more energy until they feel a sufficient payment has been made.

Note - If you don’t want to push energy into plants or trees, then you could water grass, trees, or similar, but will still need to connect with Hi’iaka and set your intent to call her Elementals to your space.

7 Likes

Calling Archetype Elementals

Elementals and Land Spirits encompass a wide variety of spirits. For me, some feel like the elements they represent, whereas some are more complex and harder to pinpoint. There’s an air spirit I met at a Christmas tree farm near Whitmore Village that is clearly an air spirit and feels like a living embodiment of Air itself, with nuances that differentiate it from being singular - there’s some complexity and nuance to that spirit, but overall, it is clear that it is an Air spirit.

Another very complex spirit I met here on Oahu introduced me to another that will also be introduced in this area. She’s very…bubbly… high energy and I would consider her to be more of a Land Spirit and not of any singular element. She has all of them in different capacities. I honestly don’t feel like calling her a Land Spirit fully describes what she is (or the one who introduced her to me), but they are quiet and say nothing when I ask what to call them instead.

Meeting several spirits is fine, but how will they be called? The most common methods in use today in the West involve sigils, enns, prayers or hymns of some sort, etc… These don’t really exist publicly for outsiders and even if they were, they are reconstructed for use in specific cultures’ religious means of accessing these entities (specifically, they use chants and dances here). While I could ask for symbols, enns, and chants, these entities were called upon long before Western Ceremonial-based methods became mainstream.

Why would I be concerned about this? Anyone reading this book with the intent of working through it should understand that no magical working is risk free. Whether something manifests in a way we didn’t intend or an imposter spirit comes instead of that which we were expecting. I wanted to provide a way to reduce the potential for calling on an imposter.

While I was pondering this, Hi’iaka came to me and showed me a ritual to use as a base, that I would then have to fill in and practice until I felt it was usable for the perceived users of this book. It’s essentially a focused petition, where the magician calls upon an Archetype or specific God/dess for the elemental. If an entity fulfilling the Archetype or the specific God/dess agrees, an elemental will be sent their way for the intended purpose. Since we’ve already gone over requesting them from a specific entity a few times, we will turn our attention to requesting them from an Archetype.

What is an Archetype? The easiest explanation is that it is a category, a box, where similar things get placed into, where they are similar to the concept being described. For our purposes, an archetype will encompass a concept or classification that we can call upon and something that fits that description will be provided. Love is an archetype, as is Nature, the Sky, Fire, etc. when they are used to call upon groups of God/desses, where one or more of them can choose to act in that capacity. As an example, I will present the “raw” ritual she showed me to be used as a base. The purpose of the ritual is to call upon the Sky for a Wind elemental. This is the typed version of the ritual I witnessed.

Hi’iaka drew a circle on the ground around her and I felt her level the energy inside it. She raised her arms to the sky, bent similarly to an oval, palms and forearms facing the sky. She called to the (collective) spirits of the Sky for their air elementals, by name (The Sky).

I felt the “Sky” acknowledge and a few moments later, a Wind elemental appeared to her, just outside her circle. She thanked it for coming and sent it on its way.

Some of the notes I made right underneath it were -
It was a forceful petition, rather than a meek request, but nothing was compelled.
The person consecrates the space in their way, to gain ownership of it, then calls the Archetype to bring forth the spirit, calling on the archetype as if it were a name. Call upon the Sky to bring forth Wind-type spirits. Call upon Fire for Fire spirits.

Now that I had the ritual stub, it was time to start performing it, making tweaks to it, and getting their guidance on what should be changed to make it most usable.

I created the circle, banished the area, and raised my hands to the sky as Hi’iaka had done. I immediately felt that I should make a triangle from my fingers and thumb, despite Hi’iaka not showing this. I noticed that my attention was focused inside of that triangle as I made my request to the Sky for a Wind elemental that would fulfill my request. Through the triangle, I felt the acknowledgement from whichever Sky God/dess was fulfilling it. I waited patiently for the elemental to come. When they did, I thanked them and sent them on their way.

It isn’t typical for me to use things like triangles or other hand gestures and I knew the impression I had to use it was likely inspired. There were some benefits to using it that were apparent and applicable for those getting started in this area. As mentioned, the triangle immediately focused my attention into the space inside of it. This not only helps reduce mental wandering, but directs the mind more fully towards the task, using a physical cue.

I didn’t really see what this had to do with my original desire - to help reduce the risk of imposters when calling upon unknown elementals. I felt the answer was either there or would be given in further practice. After a few more calls to Earth, Fire, and Water elementals, I didn’t feel any closer to understanding.

It came a little later, as I was analyzing and replaying my rituals. Focusing the mind and calling upon the archetype were the reduction methods. The triangle helps focus the mind to strengthen both of those areas. The elemental meditations is the final piece of the puzzle, which helps one validate that the elemental that comes is of that type and not a shady imposter trying to impersonate an elemental. By themselves, they aren’t quite enough, when starting out, but put together, they form their own triangle that helps strengthen and protect the magician.

The Archetypal Elemental Ritual

1. Spend some time meditating and connecting with the chosen Archetype as best you can.
    Connect to your inner Divinity however you choose to.
  2. Draw an energetic circle around your ritual area.
  3. Banish and claim sovereignty of the circle ritual space.
  4. Form a triangle using your fingers and thumbs.
  5. Focus this triangle towards the representative of the Archetype.
  6. Using your authority, call upon the Archetype to request an elemental.
    • If you are still working on spirit communication.
    • State the purpose for the elemental.
    • Ask them to send as many as needed to complete the task.
      If you can communicate reasonably well.
      • Communicate the task to the entity.
      • Verify they understand the task and can complete it.
    • Either way, thank the spirit for coming.
    • Thank the Archetype for their assistance.
  7. Present any offerings you feel you should give (if any).
  8. Banish the area again, if desired.
  9. Close the ritual.

About the “representative”. In the given example, turning to the Sky to call on the Sky was used. The air, clouds, sun, etc…of the Sky were the representatives. A creek or even a bowl of water, in a pinch, would be a representative of water. A drawing of a wave could be used, pointing to the ground for Earth, or using the triangle to connect to the molten earth beneath us could also be used. A drawn heart could represent Love . Simply use something that reminds you of the element you’re looking to use as the archetype.

Concerning the “offerings”, this is a personal decision. I know magicians that don’t use any or use them rarely. I use them most of the time, if I’m asking for something, as I typically only ask for substantial things I would pay for in real life, if I could or that was an option. This is a personal decision. When considering offerings for Archetypes, I would let the impression come to me first to see if one would be appreciated (not necessarily needed, but liked) and then to get an idea of what they feel may be appropriate. Act on it or not at your own discretion. Whether you do this before the outcome or after is up to you and should be communicated when both an offering would be appreciated and you recognize whether you would like to pay in advance or afterwards. Both are acceptable.

5 Likes

Similar to Pele’s Warming spell, I do a similar thing for Hi’iaka. 3 leaves and 3 thorns (minimum). I would do this for healing, retribution, growth, protection, and breaking barriers (like roots through concrete).

Here’s an example.

5 Likes

The Shark King Calls

The local beaches had plenty of people dispersed over the area. I didn’t want to put blood in the water while people, especially children, were swimming and enjoying themselves. Yet, I knew I should call Kamohoali’i. I could feel his attention on me.

The answer came with a flash of an image of…a ritual I did with Tiamat. I would create make-shift saltwater and put my offering in that.I added some coarse sea salt to a dish of water and could feel his acceptance of it.

I put my hand over the water -

“I dedicate this water and salt to Kamohoali’i. Accept this, Shark King, made in good faith. I will dispose of this in the ground, to be washed to the sea in time.”

I could feel he didn’t exactly like the disposal method. I saw a flash of a drain and understood. It will get to the sea quicker and the salt wouldn’t build up in the soil over time. Understood.

“Kamohoali’i, I give this offering to you freely. Please accept it and I thank you for your tutelage.” I used the lancet and let the blood drop into the water and stirred it with the stuck finger.

“Shark King, there is blood in the water.”

When he appeared, he didn’t look like a shark, but as a Polynesian man, muscular, proud, fearless. His eyes were dark pits that displayed no emotion.

He approached me and we put our noses together. He breathed on me. I breathed on him. The ceremony was over.

The term Haole means “no breath” and was coined because outsiders didn’t know the greeting, the Honi. Nose to nose, breathing in the other’s breath. It’s taken on a lot of other meanings since then, most of which are derogatory.

I wondered what I’d learn from him as I wrote down the initial meeting and was shown a few images. A ward, water elementals, several curses, and a water banishing technique.

The Water Banishing

He out-stretched his arm and I could see water cupped in his palm. From this water, which never lessened, a small stream spilled out of his hand. Once it hit the ground, it started moving in a circle around him. This expanded as more water kept coming, faster and heavier as it continued. The original little trickle became a flash flood moving around him, spiraling outward.

When it had filled the ritual space and had swept away all unwanted energies, he motioned towards the horizon and the water left the space in that direction.

He motioned that I should try it (he likes to demonstrate and then wants you to practice it right away). I went to go get some water when he stopped me, noting that I should think about it. It dawned on me that the body has plenty of water in it.

I turned inward to connect specifically to that element and then called it to my cupped palm. I called a little more and let it start to spill out onto the ground. I then started directing the water to spiral around me and quickly was mentally overwhelmed trying to increase the volume and micromanage the direction of it.

I hadn’t paid attention to my rule - the Mind directs the Will sees it through.

I stopped, gave the direction and it became a torrent very quickly. When the water energy was flowing almost violently, carrying excessive ritual energy with it, I pointed to the horizon, intent set to send it forth, and the water rushed off. I did it again for practice and it went much more smoothly, naturally.

Kamohoali’i nodded and left.

6 Likes

The Whirlpool

After showing me the ritual, he wanted me to put it to use immediately. I chose an entry from my predator list and energetically carved a circle into my ritual space. I focused on the target and began the evocation process to call them into the center of the circle. Kamohoali’i let me know when it was sufficient enough and I felt like this was about 50% of a full evocation.

I then focussed on Kamohoali’i and the element of water to empower the circle. This caused it to start to fill quickly with it energetically and I could see it rising with my third eye. I let it fill until it was chest high.

I stated their crimes and gave my judgement.

I began adding emotion and energy into the water, causing it to begin to swirl and continue to rise, but more slowly, as my attention was also adding the emotion to empower the act. As the emotion peaked and the water was twice as high as the target, I sent it crashing down onto them. I watched the water buffet and slam them against the energetic wall of my circle and smash them onto the ground. This continued as I watched them slowly drowning as they continued to be subject to the pool pulling them downward.

When my energy was almost completely gone, I opened the space under the target and let everything drain out to bring my Will forth in the world.

The Whirlpool Ritual

Cast a circle using your preferred method.

This isn’t a circle of protection.

Evoke or visualize the target in this circle.

Call to Kamohoali’i (to help empower and direct the working)

Connect to the element of Water.

Envision a small trickle of water running around the circle of the target.

Allow this to grow until it is waist high.

If desired, state the name and “crime(s)” of the target.

Allow your emotion to build, fueling the rise and strength of the water

As it continued to build, feel the target’s panic and fear.

Let the water build until it is twice the height of the target.

When your emotion and energy are highest, let the whirlpool crash down upon them.

Let the waves and motion spin and disorient them as they are repeatedly slammed against the wall of the circle and the ground itself.

Let this continue until you are satisfied or feel weakened.

Open up the evocation space like a drain and let the water wash them away to carry out your Will.

5 Likes

The Mixing of the Practices

This section is for putting together the various workings and meditations of Pele, Hi’iaka, and Kamohoali’i. Individually, they are strong, but to get the most out of them, they should be combined.

The Mixing of the Elements

When you’ve connected with the magma and are able to pull it into yourself, it’s time to start doing it with the other elemental energies.

Reach out to Nature, connect with it, and pull it inside.

Reach out to the Air above, connect with it, and pull it inside.

Reach out to nearby water (sometimes below your feet), connect with it, and pull it inside.

The elements will then mix around inside of you, still present in their original forms. Eventually, this will homogenize and it will become a perfect mixture of them all, as they balance and complement each other inside of you. The connections to the elements outside are still there, but let the mixing happen at its own pace. This is a means of grounding the various elements inside of you. Sit with this for a while. I found it comforting, soothing, and a nice way to balance myself out more.

For the banishing ritual using all elements, Fire to burn the area clean, water to wash away the ash, Nature to replenish, and Wind to pollinate the plants. Finally, send yourself out into the area to balance out the others.

5 Likes
  1. References

Nimmo, H. Arlo. “The Cult Of Pele in Traditional Hawai’i” The Bishop Museum Occasional Papers: Vol. 30, 1990. http://hbs.bishopmuseum.org/pubs-online/pdf/op30p41.pdf (accessed June 12, 2020).

Beckwith, Martha. “Hawaiian Mythology” Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press, 1970. First published 1940.

(link added by this author) http://www.ulukau.org/elib/cgi-bin/library?e=d-0beckwit1-000Sec--11en-50-20-frameset-book--1-010escapewin&a=d&p2=hardcopy&toc=2 (accessed June 12, 2020).

Dacus, Chris. “Pu’u Kanehoalani” Hawaii Unveiled.

http://www.hawaiiunveiled.com/2014/09/puu-kanehoalani.html (accessed June 12, 2020).

Robert’s Hawaii. “Sisterly Love: The relationship between Hawaiian goddesses Pele and Namakaokahai” Robert’s Hawaii Blog.

https://www.robertshawaii.com/blog/sisterly-love-relationship-between-hawaiian-goddesses-pele-and-namakaokahai/ (accessed June 12, 2020).

1. Robert’s Hawaii. “The Legend Behind Hawaii’s Goddess of Fire” Robert’s Hawaii Blog.

https://www.robertshawaii.com/blog/legend-behind-hawaiis-goddess-fire/ (accessed June 12, 2020).

Wigington, Patti. “The Story of Pele, Hawaiian Volcano Goddess.” Learn Religions. The Story of Pele, Hawaiian Volcano Goddess (accessed June 12, 2020).

Occult World. “Pelé”

https://occult-world.com/pele/ (accessed June 12, 2020).

Käne, Herb. “The ‘Aumakua — Hawaiian Ancestral Spirits” Hawaii.gov.

https://dlnr.hawaii.gov/sharks/files/2014/07/APaperbyHerbKane.pdf (accessed June 12, 2020).

Lyons, Curtis. “The Lesser Hawaiian Gods”. Hawaiian Historical Society, 1892.

https://evols.library.manoa.hawaii.edu/bitstream/handle/10524/963/OP02.pdf (accessed June 12, 2020).

Jones, Tamara. “Fire Goddess Defended: Harnessing of Volcano is Hot Hawaii Issue” Los Angeles Times, 1988. Fire Goddess Defended : Harnessing of Volcano Is Hot Hawaii Issue (accessed June 12, 2020).

“A HAWAIIAN TRADITION OF HIIAKA WHO IS HELD IN THE BOSOM OF PELE” Hoakalei Cultural Foundation, 2014.

A Hawaiian Tradition of Hiiaka who is Held in the Bosom of Pele | Hoakalei Cultural Foundation (accessed May 12, 2021)

Occult World. Hiiaka

https://occult-world.com/hiiaka/

(accessed May 12, 2021)

Goddess Hiʻiaka in Mākua

https://www.malamamakua.org/hiiaka

(accessed May 12, 2021)

4 Likes

That’s pretty it. I never got around to writing out the rituals for weaving everything together. There’s at least one other curse from Kamohoali’i I have to find before I can put it in here.

I hope you’ve found this useful and that it gives inspiration for your own practice.

6 Likes

Outstanding work, thank you for contributing this to BALG.

2 Likes

You’re welcome.

If I can find my notes, I’ll be adding more here and there. Some stuff (notes.in notepads) got destroyed by weather. Won’t know until I find them.

Still have to show Kamohoali’i’s petition ritual, like Pele’s and Hi’iakas.

3 Likes