[Peace Treaty] Community Unity - No More Politics

Are we allowed to talk about long dead historical people like Dr. Dee? John Dee - Wikipedia
Or centuries old governments/occult topics from history, and some of these countries don’t even exist anymore?[quote=“Biffa_Bacon, post:267, topic:40540, full:true”]
I guess it would depend on whether there was any opinion given on a politically relevant or obviously political topic. Does sort of beg the question how the application of magic can be discussed effectively without some manner of politics seeping in, but there you go I guess.
[/quote]
You can’t. Not when you have ancient Egypt were the rulers were worship as gods.

the·oc·ra·cy

/THēˈäkrəsē/

noun

1. a system of government in which priests rule in the name of God or a god.

I would understand if there was better outline to this rule. Just to forbid a whole topic limits what this site COULD be. My entire believe system and personal practice is just cut off from me mentioning it here.

2 Likes

I guess it would depend on whether there was any opinion given on a politically relevant or obviously political topic. Does sort of beg the question how the application of magic can be discussed effectively without some manner of politics seeping in, but there you go I guess.
Edit: how come you deleted your post @Purple ? It was a valid point to raise.

I’m in full agreement with all of this, both as a member and in terms of how a topic like that would be moderated. :+1:

Agreed as well, if anyone has questions about this and maybe feel uncertain about posting them, you’re always welcome to PM me. :smiley:

I also put as much of a guideline as possible here.

2 Likes

I understand the need for the ban for modern political talk. But there should be guidelines for historical politics on magic on here.

2 Likes

Let me get back to that once the festive season is over. :+1:

3 Likes

STEPS ON SOAPBOX

I’m nobody within the ranks of become a living God, I’m just another forum person, that said, I wholeheartedly agree with the ideas that Timothy and the staff have put forth.

It isn’t that I’m trying to get cool with Lady_Eva or Timothy, I’m not trying to become buddies, it’s just that I’ve seen what politics does to friendships and camaraderie, indeed entire families have been destroyed, and long-term friendships have been turned ugly and black due to the discussion of politics.

I have never seen a political discussion that has gone in a positive way, although they always start off friendly, and with a mode or Viewpoint of respect for other people’s views, it eventually turns into name calling, hate speech, and leaves people angry and divided.

Nobody is being censored, indeed, if you have something to say regarding anyting, even if it’s an unpopular opinion or idea, anybody and everybody is encouraged to speak up or even speak out, so nobody’s being censored as far as I can tell. The only thing that’s happening is that the become a living God staff recognizes and is indeed aware of how damaging political discussions can be in an open Forum such as this.

We all have differing viewpoints, differing ideas when it comes to political issues such as gun control, border walls, immigration, taxes, and indeed anything that could go in a political Direction, some of us feel extremely strong about some of these issues, and strong feelings lead to strong emotions, strong emotions lead to strong words and opinions, and strong words leads to hurt feelings, damaged relationships, and hatred.

STEPS OFF OF SOAPBOX

I am only asking to share historical information how long dead occultists effective countries and how their work change history of mankind. I see the people behind this site in the same way. How I see where this all might end? Its an important point I think that needs to be talked about.

3 Likes

I’ll address how that can practically be done whilst honouring the spirit and word of the rule later this week. :+1:

This topic is itself very contentious, and this is MY Christmas Day, as well as everyone else’s, also that of all our incredible Regular-rank contributing members who are the Member Moderators watching out for problems on the forum.

With that in mind, I respectfully close this topic until tomorrow because I do not wish controversy and contention to break out, it’s Timothy’s topic so I would not usually do this, but I do not wish to spend the most important work-free holiday of the year watching this get bumped and risking anyone, perhaps with an excess of festive cheer, making controversial comments on it that will detract from our day.

Love to all. :sparkling_heart: :christmas_tree: :sparkles:

7 Likes

This topic was automatically opened after 23 hours.

Members who post race-baiting, identity-politics and highly politicised topics which patently have no magickal content or context whatsoever AND who are fully aware of this rule will receive some form of temporary restriction on their accounts. I am referring to @Micah’s earlier post plainly made to mock this rule and provoke politicised responses from forum members. I have suspended @Micah’s account for 2 days.

4 Likes

Oh my.

2 Likes

On December 27th I made a post of @Micah’s predicated on identity politics (racial identity) a PM so he could preserve his work and continue the discussion via PM with anyone he wanted to. I also suggested he make a blog as the post seemed well thought-out, sincere, and made in good faith, and that he could of course link his blog in his forum profile.

I copied this text to him at the time to explain why his post had been made PM, this is my stated policy and covered in that post for inadvertent mis-steps that breach this rule Timothy has brought in.

To quote the document Timothy gave me outlining this, party politics, identity politics, and comments about mass migration of peoples are “only allowed in marginal passing comments” so an odd comment here or there, a joke that is made in context (such as this post by Micah which I did not remove or comment on) is not an issue: but an entire topic that has any of these as its core premise is plainly against the rules.

Being fully aware of the rule, and use of somewhat inflammatory language within a post with zero magickal content or relevance is why I have temporarily suspended @Micah. It is my evaluation this was intentional rule-breaking behaviour. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

8 Likes

Are we allowed to bring up historical occultist like St. Germain, and his impacted on the European politics of the 18th century and the role occultism played on the history of mankind at that time?

Or the how Enlightenment had on forming the USA?

6 Likes

A problem would arise if this topic leads to discussion of present day political situations, involvement of various non-European ethnic groups, Freemasonry, and occult symbolism used by various groups. That has a thread of continuity through to what are termed “conspiracy theories,” discussion of which almost always involves partisan party politics and/or identity politics and discussion of mass migration of people, speculation as to who benefits from these things or what their final form will take, and so on.

They may be better material for a personal blog or other outlet and that can of course be linked in your profile on this forum, your profile is visible as a “card” to anyone who clicks your avatar.

Below is my attempt to clarify application of the rule and how posts will be handled that cross the line:

As of 5th September 2018, the only subject – whether for debate or for magickal working groups, or sharing work done – that is prohibited is politics: specifically, topics whose title and/or main premise is party politics, direct and overt promotion of any form of identity politics, and comments about mass migration of persons of any group across national borders, be it for, against, or other.

This applies across all viewpoints, “left” and “right,” pro-authoritarian or pro-libertarian and all other views, and no bias will be shown in applying this policy, regardless of the known preferences of moderators/admins/other members. Because we are all human, and have our own views, but this matters:

• This is at the direct request of the forum owners and you can read Timotthy’s statement about that here.

Obviously the line at which something becomes political (especially in recent years, with the rise of identity politics as a mainstream topic) can be blurred, for this reason it will be general policy to separate any posts that venture into these areas and make them a PM conversation where people may continue the discussion in private, rather than drastic sanctions for crossing a line it is all-but-impossible to define.

This way, members are not having to hold their breath lest they mis-step, but obviously, don’t take the piss: goodwill shown, requires a good faith endeavour to stay within the lines.

• At all times content in the same thread that is not political will be conserved in situ as far as possible, which means that steering a topic someone dislikes into political waters will not result in that topic being locked, deleted, or made PM.

Profile Flair & Group Messages

You may discuss politics as much as you wish in a group private message. Just enumerate your political worldview in your About Me under Preferences on your Profile, give consent to participate in group chats, and chatters can add you to private group threads — and you may leave those chats any time also.

These are the words of Timothy, co-founder OF BALG. Simple concept, simple to apply. :wink:

If you have a pressing personal problem or concern regarding your own community or country that you know also touches upon migration, an identity politics or party political issue, and need help, if you wish to, contact @Lady_Eva – I have some idea of existing thoughts of members and may be able to steer you right on who to contact to form a working group. Likewise, if you have strong political views, experience with doing political/memetic magick, contact me and register an interest, I will strive to make sure people are able to connect as needed.

Finally, you may from time to time happen across posts from before this policy was in effect which have a markedly political content, and if that happens, please use the flag icon underneath the three dots … at the bottom of that post and use the flag for Off Topic, no-one will be sanctioned for posts that were of that nature before the policy was introduced, this is solely to protect new forum members from being misled as to what can be discussed by the existence of older threads and comments of this nature.

3 Likes

That’s fair.

5 Likes

@JezebelleMoon Agreed. Frankly, I don’t see what the big deal is. Im fine with the rule change, as politics was never the reason I joined BALG from the get go. Ive got Reddit for that.

Will keep the rule change in mind

3 Likes

Precisely

2 Likes

I understand why Timothy did this from a business standpoint, but it sure feels pretty hypocritical coming from someone who wrote just over a year ago in his Black Magick Manifesto:

Sadly, the only sacrifice I see here is the one being made to the almighty dollar. I mean, shit, I get that it’s better for the bottom line to take BALG off the political radar, but at least be honest about the motivation and don’t try to feed us bullshit about how this was intended to unify the community. The community was doing just fine when people were discussing politics openly.

IMO, if you really want humans to come together and transcend our differences, you get there by allowing people to talk openly about political issues (which, coincidentally, intersect philosophy, religion, and vast parts of the human experience) and hash out their ideological differences in free discussion. :+1:

Anyway, none of this will likely revert the new rule, so it is what it is. In the meantime, has anyone actually started a decent political discussion group PM? If so feel free to invite this libertarian anarchist, cuz I miss the older, freer BALG.

10 Likes

This^^^

3 Likes