Pathworking with the Fay

[quote=“bingohandjob, post:19, topic:5978”]No human beiung has EVER come back from Fairyland my mate …
If your going ‘with’ a fairy to their realm dont let that fairy door close behind you - your supposed jam a needle in the door frame so it wont close.[/quote]

I remember my mum telling me that as well, and I believe bingohandjob is also English, so it may be a common foilklore thing rather than something that can be traced to a specific written source.

Saying someone is “away with the fairies” is quite a common expression to say they’ve completely lost contact with reality, and fairies have a place in British folklore that’s fairly compelling, even if we don’t talk much about it - take a look at this story: ‘Fairy control’ to halt tiny doors in Somerset woods.

The Golden Bough (free to download for Kindle & Kindle for PC) may have something, but it’s definitely more the kind of thing grownups tell you when you’re little, like things to do when you break a mirror (I was told, spin 3 times, spit 3 times, and kiss the Bible three times).

That and weird lore about staircases were taken seriously in my family, and of course throwing spilled salt over your left shoulder.

1 Like

I apologize, I must have skipped right over your post because it’s so tiny compared to the books me and Arcane and Lady Eva wrote LOL. easy to get lost in there.

They all look like humans.

Pixies are about 4" tall on average but their wings are more like butterfly or moth wings. They can be both male and female. Pointy ears usually. They usually only have white and light tan skin tones. They can range in body size from skinny to fat and they can take on elf-like or gnome-like appearances.

Faeries are about 5"-6" tall on average, their wings are much larger than pixies and look like Faerie wings, clear and shiny, no fancy colors like the pixies butterfly wings. They are almost always female. It is very rare to see a male Faerie. They are usually much more slender in body size than pixies. They usually have normal human shaped ears. They can have either white or black skin tones. So far, I have never met a Faerie with pink or blue or purple skin so I have no clue if they exist or not. They usually look just like tiny humans with wings, they don’t have elf or gnome like appearance qualities.

Actually, Faeries are one of the only creatures who names, purposes and appearances have not been changed and perverted by christianity through out history. Odd, I guess everyone loves a beautiful little sweet Faerie.

Sorry for rambling, but Faeries are my specialty department along with gemstone magick. I can talk about those subjects all day.[/quote]

Hello and thank you all for this fantastic BALG web site and discussion. I want to also thank a lot for this faeries topic. It feels good and natural for me and I live in Finland, Scandinavia. My grand mom used to tell me about these things a little bit but she (and her generation I listened, who talked about these things, I mean old finnish mythology and folk stories) always gave me a feeling like “…but it’s nothing serious after all” and I know it was used to say like that because christianity crusades forced to turn my country’s people turn from ancient animalistic religion to christianity or if you did not turn you were killed. Like everywhere where this christianity spread it also happened to us. Before that we had strong connection to our own real, now called as pagan religion. I’m sorry for my english, it is not my mother tongue but anyway I hope you can understand me. Somehow this topic jumps at me when I came to read this forum and I laready feel a huge desire to find out more of this and I remember more and more what I was told as I was a little girl. It brings tears in my eyes right now and I feel like I have got an echo from my ancestors and I feel very overwhelming. I know and feel from the bottom of my heart that this is what I need to do and start working with. In our ancient religion we have many kind of elves, faeries, so many other figures whose names or type of’s I can’t translate into english. It is all simple, I knew everything has a spirit in nature but I blocked it and lived my life in so called “normal world” but now, as a very new to magic I know what I need to do and I can’t wait to start. We have national book, an epic of Finland (Kalevala) and that was very strong and on before christianity came here. I found a huge collection of old lores and “poems” of our ancient religion, it was collected and it’s online and also print in books except not completely but online version is a treasure. Like I said I am new to magic but I do know it works and already worked and I feel that no need to explain that to you, you all also know it. I have a garden, we live in a countryside which means to people abroad that we live “in a forest” with no people around :slight_smile: True, and people abroad that my family has had as visitors they all say so, for me it’s natural and I love it. I love to be alone and think and silence is music to my ear. In here it’s normal and I go crazy and feel like sick if I must stay around people crowd for many hours, that is something else to learn and another thing. I have a garden and I have grown it myself started from a nude over farmed land but the land has become better and fertile since I have taken care of it or better, elves and gnomes and faeries have taken care of it with me even I haven’t payed an attention for this before. I used to thank for the harvest before in my mind but now I am in the middle of the harvesting time of fruits and berries so I want to get into contact with my garden/guardian spirits and I know it will be amazing. But as I’m new to all this I take baby steps. I’m not in need of rushing and getting myself or my family into a bad situation. In here we have a very special Place built in every house/a flock of flats: sauna. It’s a hot room (80-120C) where we go before we wash ourselves and it’s a new born experience everytime we have a sauna on. It’s on every second day in my house, feels great after beeing in sauna. Finnish still think we have a certain elf of sauna and one should give an offering fot the elf. My grand mom used to tell me so and before this wake up call I got from this topic, I told so to my children. I have a bad habit to blaa blaa blaa so I stop now and wish you all the best in your life and paths. Greetings from Finland!
Edit: I want to add that as black liquirice was asked as an offering for a fay, I can well understand that. It’s called as salmiakki in finnish and it’s extremely liked and aten candy in here. I know it’s not popular Candy outside Scandinavia but it’s like almost number one favourite Candy in here. I love it, I can understand why it can be highly valued offering for faeries at least in here.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Kaisa. Glad you like this topic. And I can understand your English just fine, we have another member here who is also from Finland and speaks English very well too. I’m in the U.S. but I like black Licorice.

Oh, not to do Lady Eva’s job or anything, just to save her a little work. In this general discussion section at the very top of the page you will see a topic called “Introduce yourself to BALG forum members”. I recommend that you write a small post in that topic and formally introduce yourself, it’s a requirement here and I know Lady Eva (one of our forum moderators) will eventually ask you to do this herself. But we all were required to introduce ourselves in that topic before posting too many other places here.

1 Like

Kaisa’s already been sent a reminder PM - we only remind onlist if the person maybe didn’t see their PM, or their first post makes it seem like they have a lot on their mind so wouldn’t think to check.

Stciky-thread blindness afflicts us all at some point! :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:21, topic:5978”][quote=“bingohandjob, post:19, topic:5978”]No human beiung has EVER come back from Fairyland my mate …
If your going ‘with’ a fairy to their realm dont let that fairy door close behind you - your supposed jam a needle in the door frame so it wont close.[/quote]

I remember my mum telling me that as well, and I believe bingohandjob is also English, so it may be a common foilklore thing rather than something that can be traced to a specific written source.

Saying someone is “away with the fairies” is quite a common expression to say they’ve completely lost contact with reality, and fairies have a place in British folklore that’s fairly compelling, even if we don’t talk much about it - take a look at this story: ‘Fairy control’ to halt tiny doors in Somerset woods.

The Golden Bough (free to download for Kindle & Kindle for PC) may have something, but it’s definitely more the kind of thing grownups tell you when you’re little, like things to do when you break a mirror (I was told, spin 3 times, spit 3 times, and kiss the Bible three times).

That and weird lore about staircases were taken seriously in my family, and of course throwing spilled salt over your left shoulder.[/quote]

Just memories OP just memories.

You know also if they roll up your shadow your dead.

[embed][url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVOdgHAkSAY]- YouTube

J

At first thank you Lady Eve and RavensAscent for reminding me, I have been introduced myself now. Today I went to pick up raspberries in my garden and took a blanket with me and a pot filled with milk and sugar as an offering. I sat down and meditated. It’s lovely to empty my head of non stop noise there is and just listen to the wind and nature. Meditating is easiest for me outside in the nature. I talked to faeries and told them that I would like to see them and talk with them and also asked to bless and guard my home and land. Also I was grateful for taking care of my garden and that I want to pathwork with them. I know they are there and heard me and I shut my eyes and felt the nature. I felt ants and butterflies and little flies on my skin and when I opened my eyes there was more of them than normally is. I looked around and asked faeries to come to me and let me see them. I didn’t see them yet but what happened was that at one moment as I sat on my blanket there was sudden like giggling near me from 3 different spots. And I saw that grass moved. After a while I started to pick up the raspberries and I felt that I’m not alone, I felt it in my stomach. When I left I thanked for the harvest and told that I will come back and really would like to get in touch with faeries and that I will bring them something more as an offering during the evening. I feel good and I think this connection will happen by time. I remember from my childhood that I have heard that faeries (and an elf) can be tricky so I wasn’t surprised as my small glass item in my kitchen was moved from it’s place a little while ago as I was cooking and cleaning my kitchen. I only went away for like 3 minutes and came back and noticed it was moved from it’s place. None went to the kitchen so it has moved by some who isn’t a human. I will continue and let you know if I success.

I feel like being a dick and revealing that Finland is not actually part of scandinavia :smiley: although it can be counted as “Fenno-Scandinavia” which is easy to confuse and no one would have had a problem with the previous statement, but i can’t help being such a prick.

Certainly most of finnish people do not belief in Sauna-Elfs (saunatonttu) but it was indeed a common belief, modern day finns are mostly atheistic and the second majority would be christian i’m pretty sure.

Kaisa here is very right about the christian crusades thought, and that proves that we are on the same side after all figthing in legion with our “pagan” gods and deities!

Btw salmiakki tastes horrid in my opinion :D, liquorice is fine thought - and that special salmiakki you get from apotechary.

P.s i just got back for calling on you about the scandinavia thing, someone corrected my knowledge about something else… So it seems that your magic is working in that sense Kaisa, lol.

Only the geekiest of geography geeks call it that.Fenno-scandia.

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsXMe8H6iyc]Where is Scandinavia? - YouTube

Anyways,a propos the never coming back from Fairyland.First off,I’ve been
there.In fact,just last night,I attended a sort of party.However,I do understand where it comes from.Superstitions when applied to magick,should always be taken with a grain of salt.

With that in mind,last week,I’ve been in Alanya,Turkey,at the seaside.

Between enjoying life,obsessing over a girl(which is an entirely different story because I’ve had great LoA results),and fighting awful Wifi,I’ve had lots of time to do lots of magick.

Some of the things I’ve done include meditation,a small working with Lucifer,contacting Nyx(finally!),finalizing the details of my demonic pact,working with Hecate…

And I also met some fay who we rarely consider to be fay.

The first kind are Water Fay,that we’ll call Naiads.

They are easy to please(in fact,pouring some sugar into the water is enough!) and very easy to work with.They are friendly,manifesting in a shade of indigo-blue.

However,Naiads aren’t the only fay I’ve met.A little bit of background,though.I’ve had a childhood dream of becoming a Marine Biologist for a long time,because I’ve always had an utter fascination with the sea.

Last year,I contacted the sea,and made a sort of symbolic baptism that permits me to practice sea witchcraft.

Alas,the only real resource on it I’ve found is this:
[url=http://seawitch.org/]http://seawitch.org/[/url]

But that’s another tale for another thread.I tried connecting sea witchcraft,and called out to the Naiads of the sea,after entering a very deep TGS.

What happened next,is not something I anticipated.I heard singing,in the ocean waves washing up,and instead of the classical fairy childish voice,the ones that I did hear were very much mature women.

The figures that manifested in the waters,before me(I was meditating on rocks) were oddly enough mermaids.

That’s right.Actual mermaids exist in the water

I conversed with one of them,on their ways and spells.I did not learn the names of any mermaids,but I did learn a ritual to summon them,which is what I am going to share here.

For this ritual,I believe an initiation into sea witchcraft is needed.Unlike some systems,though,an initation into this magick is REALLY EASY to obtain.

In fact,the Book of Tides up there has a sample ritual for self-initiation.When I first entered the waters the ondines did it themselves and guided my motions,so it’s really easy.

A bowl of water,consecrated,with three spoons of salt should be placed before you.The bowl aught to be rather big an ordinary cereal bowl will not do.Alternatively,a bathtub filled with water may work well.

After falling into the TGS,and deeper to the Crossroads,while gazing into the waters,simply call out to them.

Now,it’s preferable to sing at this point,a light and soft tune.I’ve already shared that song for summoning fay,but for merfolk,I don’t think anything too complex is really necessary.

The incantation should be self-written,easy to sing,and sung in a very silent tone.At that point,throw an offering(which can be any kind of sweet) and simply scry into the water.

Converse with the figure that manifests.When you’re done,throw the water away.And don’t look back.

I have yet to use this ritual,so please,if it fails,it’s untested.

1 Like

Hello everyone!I think it’s time for an update!

So,I haven’t done much Fay magic recently,because I’ve been struggling with real life circumstances,and directing black magic instead at it all.But,I am feeling them,almost constantly,in my hair.

I am also planning very soon,for an explanation on the fay magics of the seasons,and will post it here.

I’ve sat in the night,and didn’t even finish singing my song,when the fairies came to me.They were the same three lovely ladies who came to me that night before to show me their witchcraft and accept my offerings.

They were the same dark fairies who came to me during a hike in the woods,and promised to divulge to me the secrets of their kind,but only if I reported it all into this very thread.

The Fay are much like demons,in the sense that their world is anarchistic.Thousands of years of human influence have led them to blur the idea of what exactly the fay are,where they come from,their hierarchy,etc.

And while historians and Christian zealots all seem to agree that demons are evil spirits(or at least dark spirits),the fay are not so homogenuous.Some say they are demoted Pagan gods,children who died,embodiements of nature,angels who never picked sides when Satan rebelled,etc.

The fay are nature.They are not servants of the gods,they are the living breathing essence of nature.And they are children of nature.At it’s simplest,nature has two aspects.

One such,is that of the feminine mother Earth,the tide,and all things serene,from who’s womb we all hail.The other,is the masculine and destructive aspect of the wild,the storms,and the patriarch of reality.Neither of these two forces have any power over the other.

As these two forces exist as archtypes in every system,and the Kybalion points to a masculine and feminine intelligence as well,you will find these two supreme intelligences of nature grounded into two avatars.

These two,are respectively the Fairy King and Fairy Queen.The Fay refuse to disclose their names to me,for fear of someone evoking and coercing them,which is a reasonable fear,so for now,I’m calling them Oberon and Titania,after A Midsummer Night’s Dream’s characters.

The fairy king and fairy queen are thus,the embodiements of two archtypes that are present in almost every mythology.This may spark that super mega debate of Ishtar=Astarte=Venus=Aphrodite=Virgin Mary,etc. but I’ll simply say that this fairy queen is akin to those,a sister in arms with the mother goddesses of the past.

The Fairy King and Queen are the final decision makers,and below them are two courts.

These two courts are the Unseelie,and the Seelie.The Seelie,has control over the magics of Spring and Summer,when there is more light,sunshine and happiness,and the Unseelie have more control over Autumn and winter when there’s more death and decay,and power.

To add further complications,the Fairy Queen has control over Summer and Winter,and the Fairy King has control over Spring and Winter.

Below the Seelie and the Unseelie,is a vizier,operating into each kind of fay.First of these,are elemental Fay,which are divided into the fay of fire(who I call Imps),water(I call these Naiads),earth and air,respectively controlling those things.Below them,are the animal fay(who I call the knooks),and of course,the fay who watch over humans,especially children.

The hierarchy is as with demons,a very loose one,that isn’t set in stone,and these are all my UPG.

Spring Magic is the magic of beginnings,the magic that is meant to make new things,open new doors,bring new opportunities,and bring happiness.Spring Magic is a colorful field with many applications,and it is at its most powerful in Spring.It can also bring long dormant projects back to life.The Fayrie in charge of it,belongs to the Seelie Fay,and her name is Flora.

Summer Magic is a magic of ascent,and of exaltation.It is the magic of perfection,the magic that is to take the good and make it better.It is about strength,expansion,enhancement.It is the essence of life,and is meant to take things to a new level,and bring many rewards,and riches.The fayrie in charge of this is named Ezbela,and belongs to the Seelie Fay as well.

Autumn Magic,is a magic of secrets,and very much the darker magic.It incorporates elements of both winter and summer to converge in a season that brings things to their most perfect and ascendant state,as well as crushes competition.It focuses on harvest,and reaping rewards.It is the kind of magic that will increase the effectiveness of other spells,and it is certainly one of the most powerful ones IMO.It also deals with the dead,and is certainly one of the darker kinds,which interest us.The spirit in charge of this magic is named Ek.

Winter Magic,finally,is a powerful field as well,and is a darker kind.It brings the merriness of Yule,and the happiness of Christmas,ah but it also brings the cold night,the snow angel that rides with the lantern of ice,banishing all heat and light.Winter Magic is the one you’ll find most benefit with using in conjunction with demons,and it banishes foreign influences,binds enemies,and even can go as far as to taking another’s life.The fairy ruling over this field is called Alhabeg.

1 Like

Bumping this thread cause I might be updating soon.

Good idea Arcane. Like I said on another thread I plan to evoke the dark mother (Hecate) and ask her to send me a dark faerie as another familiar so I imagine you may try this some time soon as well? I am sort of building my own little army of dark familiars to work with me and protect me, and my plans will soon include something in the form of a dragon as well.

Good idea Arcane. Like I said on another thread I plan to evoke the dark mother (Hecate) and ask her to send me a dark faerie as another familiar so I imagine you may try this some time soon as well? I am sort of building my own little army of dark familiars to work with me and protect me, and my plans will soon include something in the form of a dragon as well.[/quote]

Yup.I replied to the same thread by saying the following:

''I have two demonic familairs,which assume the shape of dragons.

I have a familiar from the archangel Raphael,named Qalabaran.

As for the fairies,I might try that with Mother as well.If and when I do it,I’ll put the results in the Fairy Magick thread.‘’

We think alike so often.It’s freaky.In that post,you mentioned not knowing whether angels can send familiars and that’s why I mentioned Qalabaran.The two familiars I have,are named Quesonir and Diambalir,both come from Azazel through his ‘‘beastmaster’’ Hass’cotor.The only other familiar I have besides all those guys is Falarata,my demonic sister,given to me by Lucifer.So,yes,I’m making an army too.:stuck_out_tongue:

But yes,I’ll do the same think with Mother.In fact,here’s an interesting prospect,what if we evoke the same spirit,for the same intent at the same time?

I’m six hours in front of US Eastern Time,so I’m sure we can sync up.I love Hecate,a lot,since she is my mother(although,that’s the controversial ''I’m the child of a goddess crap again!),and summoning her should be easy.

So you can tell me when you were planning to evoke her,so we can work out a time.

For those confused,recent gnosis has shown that the mother of the darker fay happens to be the goddess Hecate and the mother of the lighter fay is Gaia.This does not defy the super-loose and changeable fairy hierarchy laid out in this thread,it’s very useful in my system and IT MAKES SO MUCH FREAKING SENSE!

Just wanted to add something, reading back thru older posts on this thread I realized I only described the light faes’ appearance. I forgot to include that darker fae usually have dark colored wings that are not transparent however the most recent one I saw, my newest familiar, she has black feathery wings similar to a raven which I guess is appropriate for me. But she was also not 6 inches tall she was closer to 2 and a half feet tall which was the first time I had ever seen a faerie that tall. Most of them are tiny but she was the size of a toddler (height wise) but her body was slender and she looks about 13-15 years old in age although she is much older than that but faeries are immortal and they do not age physically.

hi, the celtic mythology have a lot of legends that are related with the otherworld, a realm that looks like a paradise, somehow can be considered a realm that may belong to other reality but is named as Annwn for the Welsh , Avalon for Arthuric legends, Emain and Albach between the other names tha irish have for this realm, is know because is covered with a magical mist, and there’s a lot of apple trees, which contain golden and silver apples, some of the most important heros of ireland have traveled to this world, like Cu Chulainn, Bran and Fionn Mac Cumhail, is know that there some days that u can travel to the Otherworld, some of this dates are Shamain (halloween night, 31 october) , Beltane (walpurgisnatch, 30 april) and Saint john’s eve (23 june),also Otherworld is related with some gods like Fand, Manannán Mac Lir and Lugh, also the Otherworld is rule by Arawn, so take this dates if u wanna work with the faes,

1 Like

The other world is also said to be split into multiple sections, Annwn being one section but also seen to correlate to Avalon, each with their different Psychopomp deities watching over it.

1 Like

yes, somehow those places can be located in the same realm but not as the whole realm, can be like differents zones of the Otherworld

1 Like

im giving this pdf related with some faeric magick for anyone who wants to know more

https://www.thecovenstead.org/books/The%20Faerie%20Way.pdf

2 Likes

Link is not working