Parental Control

Have things improved any?

Not at all.

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope things improve as you get older.

I hope so too. Thanks.

1 Like

You’re welcome.

1 Like

I don’t think so. In my opinion, family is the biggest destroyer of freedom. If you are not an adult in your country, there is little anyone can do. You could evoke every god,demon,and angel of freedom and they probably could not do much if you are under age of adulthood. The only thing they could do(If your parents allow you to have a job) is help you get a job so you may have freedom from your parents. Otherwise there is not much they can do. You could try running away, but you would be homeless in a dangerous place. I would just say spend as little time with them as possible if you do not like them.

3 Likes

You’re welcome. It is bad enough having to live physically, but having a family is extremely toxic. I have never seen a family or been to house that has a family that has ever given me good vibes.
All i feel when i see a family is profound toxicity.

1 Like

I say just leave if possible. Find a way to get money and get out

1 Like

Step 1: Save as much money as you can. Work odd jobs on the side if you have to. $3k+ worked for me. If you have anything left over, squirrel it for rent and utilities in case of emergency. 2: Establish respectable credit. 3: network. Even finding a decent place to live as about who you know. This is especially important since you are young and (gathering from your post) have no previous landlord history. 4: Find a place of your own. Optional: you can use devotions to patron entitys, vision boards, affirmations, rituals…etc to help you through the grind, but ultimately it’s all on you sugar. Best of luck <3

2 Likes

Good advice

2 Likes

Family is good. Only that is isn’t when they try to mess up your life for you.

1 Like

I can’t. I am in school and I can’t get enough money to start a life of my own. And also I still like being with them.

1 Like

My country doesn’t work like that. Insecurity is very high and I can’t get a job that will raise me enough money to rent a house. Also I like living with them and now I am able to go out anytime they go to work.

2 Likes

I just caught up on this thread. I am so so sorry sweetie. I know exactly what you are going through. Mostly. From the looks of it, Nigerian abuse laws still haven’t quite caught up. While it’s unlawful to be abusive, it is permitted for discipline/correction making it hard to prove it’s abuse. Best thing I can suggest is to find what you can to help make it more bearable. My prayers are with you sugar <3

1 Like

Thanks. I have found a way to go out a little more often than I was able to before.