Papa Ghede offerings

I have searched and didn’t find very much about Papa Ghede.

I’ve just started working with this loa. I’ve offered him strong black coffee and cigarettes. I was out of rum but I will add that to his altar when I get some. But what else does he particularly enjoy? Candy/chocolate? Etc?

I’ve only got white candles on hand at the moment. I’m waiting for a delivery of black and red candles to arrive. But what colour candle is generally used with this loa? Black?

Guede Limbó is a member of the White Division, is part of the Guedés family within the pantheon of the 21 Divisions and his favorite color is green (that color is also associated with good fortune and money) .With the altar of Guede Limbó , I suggest you never lack water on your altar to attract serenity and clarity. An offering that you will like very much, Guede Limbó is rum / drink with a high level of alcohol, something that can also be put on the altar of Guede Limbo is coffee He likes it very much. Another very appropriate gift for Papa Guedé is money. It doesn’t matter if it’s too much or too little. We can offer you coins and bills of different nationalities, for example. Have you heard the expression: money calls money? He likes this a lot.

On the other hand, remember: when we deliver the offerings to the Mystery, we cannot consume them or spend them if we remove them from the altar. It is an offense for his power. An offer that you will also appreciate are the cigars / cigars, served with cake, accompanied by flowers, these decorate, smell and transmit respect and veneration before your royalty, besides that I cannot fail to mention the music, the music of atabales loves it!

Guede Limbó is an excellent loa to ask for help on issues related to money and economic improvement. I recommend this technique that we use to call your blessing:
We can make an esoteric bath with rue, rosemary and Florida water. We will clean the herbs and pass them through a mortar or pestle. Then we will bring them to a boil and add them when they have boiled for at least 10 minutes. When the infusion of the herbs is warm, we will add three Florida water caps and pour the resulting water from head to toe thinking about the great power of Guede Limbó and thinking about our needs. After each bath it is advisable to light a green candle in his name invoking Guede Limbó. If we do not have fresh rue, we can use a rue bath purchased in a botanist or in an esoteric house. Then, the procedure would be to boil the rosemary after washing it and pass it through a mortar. After 10 minutes, remove from heat and strain. Then add the rue bath to the rosemary infusion and add the Florida water. It is fabulous because it does not require much preparation and both serve to clean the floor of our house or business, as well as to make us an esoteric body bath. In the same way, a green candle would be lit after bathing.

With a lot of respect for you I hope I have helped you a little!

3 Likes

Thank you. Like I said, I’ll offer rum when I’ve purchased some. At the moment he has strong black coffee, and some cigarettes on his altar, and soon there will be rum.

One thing to note, I’m not working with him for monetary gain. I’m working with him for protection against an enemy bokor and to reverse the damage caused, and to build a working relationship with him and the ghede nation. Long story, not going into details, but is a green candle still appropriate or should I stick with a white candle?

Before responding to the color of the candle:
The Ghede family (sometimes written Guédé) are members of a court of family spirits led by Pope Ghede, better known as Baron Samedi; who presides over all its members. The Ghede are especially loved by gravediggers, undertakers, as well as sex workers and voodoo wizards who are responsible for making filters and lethal potions. The Ghede usually have a beneficial iconography, and often appear as a protector of the innocent, children, and crazy people in general. Papa Ghede is like every member of his family, first and foremost a psycho-pomp (a guide for the souls of the dead to the other world); It is pointed out that he waits at the crossroads to take souls and take them to the beyond. He is considered a beneficial counterpart of Baron Samedi (Lord of the Sabbath). Pope Ghede is the lord of death itself, and is also the last resort for healing, since he is the one who decides whether to accept the sick person, allowing them to recover or rest in peace.

Pope Ghede is best known in his younger version, Ghede, most commonly called Baron Samedi (Lord of the Sabbath), who is the one who prays most in this family. Baron Samedi is the lord of life and death, he is the one who manages the dark forces of the beyond and who gives the power to create the zombies and allows the sorcerers to change into animals. When the purpose is to attack the enemy, the color white is always used, while black is used for evocative protection, never exchanging its use in terms of color for the reasons explained above.

1 Like

So I should use a black candle?

If your purpose corresponds to the use of color then apply!

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

To you for this pleasant moment, to you my respects!:sonrojo:

1 Like

In my experience, and as taught to me by a Haitian practitioner, Papa G. likes black pepper. It’s a simple “quick fix”, for lack of a better phrase. Cheap rum &/or cigars - like those $2 packs of flavored cigar-ettes - are also his/they’re thing, the cheaper & raunchier the better, it seems.

Colors: Black & Purple.
Music: Banda rhythms
Remember, the Bawon is Samdi; Samedi/Saturday, so Saturnine imagery & symbolism also work quite well. Masonic emblems are also particular to the Bawon, as well.

Just don’t forget to give Papa Legba his due as the Opener of Ways. He likes shiny coins & candy.