Opiates and magick?

I can attest from personal experience that kratom is every bit as addictive as opiates. Anything that acts on the opioid receptors will hook you rather quickly and mytragine is no exception. Ive been hooked on kratom for years and although the withdrawal is much milder than what I experienced coming off heroin, its still no walk in the park.

3 Likes

Kanna is great. Its effects are a lot like MDMA but with a strange “spicy” feeling throughout the body.

1 Like

I might have formulated my comment wrong. I was talking about Kanna not being as addictive.

1 Like

I’m bumping this because I only just now got around to reading your comment with an open head and its solid fucking gold.

2 Likes

I’ve been in kratom withdrawal for the past week. I’m quitting on my own accord. I feel that it no longer serves me. Since quitting life has become a bit of a challenge but a visceral one. I’ve never felt more alive honestly. I’ve numbed myself for so long and reality is raw, and painful. Almost as if I’ve had a near death experience and been force back into my fragile body. Everything hurts but I’m focused. Life is a precious gift. We are as gods. We can do as they do and more.

4 Likes

It’s tough, but the skills you acquire now may save your ass at some point further down the line, I found nothing I ever learned (factual or experiential) was wasted, that very much includes skills learned turning down the nagging whine of the addiction over, and over, and over, again.

3 Likes

My own philosophy is that the only thing that I will allow myself to use for magick is weed. Not only because it helps me ease up and consentrate but also because I´m generally creative and weed helps me formulate ideas randomly and receive them. Never liked alcohol, seen too many drunks in my lifetime.

2 Likes

Unfortunately I’m still on post release supervision and get random UAs, otherwise I’d be right there with you. If I could just use cannabis, most, if not all, of my impulses toward alteration of my biochemistry would be satisfied.

Xanax is a barbiturate not an opiate.

Xanax is a benzodiazapine, not a barbituate.

3 Likes

Haha yea you’re right the former largely replaced the latter I got it backwards

1 Like

With all the shit out there on the market designed to make us dopey it is pretty hard to keep track, lol. I don’t understand why Xanax was ever widely prescribed to anyone but violent psychotics. It is way too strong for general clinical use, the LD 50 is only marginally less than low doses of phenobarbital, and any useful administration of the general active ingredient for people that want to actually have a life is found in the more benign versions like clonazepam or lorazepam.

Also, benzos will destroy your life just as readily as the old fashioned Marilyn Monroe killers, so they did nothing more with the replacement but make greater numbers of addicts because it is ‘safer’. Kind of like opiate replacements…

Since I last posted this thread I still maintain my stance on using hard stuff in magical workings, but I have softened my opinion towards ganja and mad dog skullcap.

Gabapentin has proven interesting in experimentation, but overall it is not a substitute for any real discipline.

3 Likes

Look into Phenibut. It’s not without risks but intelligent use is virtually side effect free. I’ll take an agonist with the same binding affinity over an allosteric modulator any day. Less variables to deal with and it’s not like a magnifying glass for your GABA receptors

1 Like

Helps put your body to sleep and slow down your brain activity in general which makes it easier to go into trance.

I prefer entheogens if im working magic. Expanded awareness is incredibly useful when you havent honed your sense of energy.

Weed is best for energy work as it causes your brain to release melatonin as if you were going to sleep, which causes the release of dmt. It also causes a flood of dopamine which is pleasurable and i find that it is easier to perform kundalini work if you are already in a pleasurable state.

Things like mushrooms and lsd lack the ability to put your body to sleep but the expanded awareness is so intense and the increased suggestable is amazing for reprogramming the mind and strengthening neural pathways.

Disclaimer: i do not advocate drug use or the use of other controlled substances.

3 Likes

It’s the anandamide. It’s an amazing neurotransmitter that’s related to the expanse of consciousness and flow state. THC (or one of its metabolites) is an agonist for the same receptor which is why creativity goes through the roof on it. Amazing for musical expression.

I’d say that it releasing endogenous DMT is a stretch though there is indeed a tryptamine like effect through anandamide. Very different receptors but similar outcome.

1 Like

The dmt is released because marijuana stimulates the release of melatonin. This is a common gripe with marijuana dependency causing insomnia.

Tbh im taken aback by you lack of faith in dmt… Sounds like it comes from a lack of experience with it. Dmt is the most profound legal experience youll find here.

1 Like

For real, and the adderal prescribed to young boys is like an epidemic.

Psychiatry isn’t very scientific.

2 Likes

Science isnt very scientific now adays. Considering it accounts for 1 of our 5(arguably 6) senses and that sense accounts for 2% of information recieved by the corresponding organ.

The current scientific model keeps the spirit world secret.

1 Like

I’ve experienced it. Had a fantastic talk with Belial that was unlike any other I’ve ever had due to it. I’m a big fan of enthogens.

It’s not the DMT that I question, that stuff is shockingly powerful. It’s melatonin being a releasing agent for it. DiMethylTryptamine and serotonin/5HT (5-Hydroxytryptamine) are similar in structure and melatonin comes from serotonin as well. I’m more than willing to be enlightened if you know more about the chem than I do though, the implications could be absolutely huge. I’m more into pharmacology than biosynthesis. Any info you could point me towards?

It’s in the realm of plausible. It just feels like a big stretch seeing that their synthesis pathways are in a close enough vein I could see it happening though it would be a huge surprise to learn that.

This is the subject I nerded out on to the point I do it for a living (biochemistry, not drug synthesis haha). If you’ve got a link showing anything about this I’d want to read it yesterday.

Oh and DMT is definitely not a legal substance unless you’re doing an Ayahuasca ceremony under the protections of it being a religious ceremony. Legal gray area. Messed up that a compound everyone’s body makes is somehow a Schedule I drug but that’s the FDA/DEA mob for you…

1 Like

Due to weed only recently being legalized there arent any peer reviewed studies i can find.

However the relationship between weed and dmt is that, weed(not all strains) typically causes a release of melatonin and the theory is that melatonin is what tells the pineal gland to release dmt.

There are a lot of experiences of people claiming to have dmt like trips from large doses of thc.

Nothing concrete but it makes sense to me and agrees with my own experience

You are more experienced in chem than me. Perhaps it isnt dmt doing it, but from my experience weed definitely aids in perception

2 Likes