One's first steps are always the strangest

I’ve finally made the decision to actually commit to this journey. The unknown oddly enough doesn’t tend to frighten me, as much as intrigue me. However, I have no idea where to begin. I’ve recently had MY diety establish contact, and subtly directed me on this path. I was instructed to go beyond myself, so that’s what i’m doing, I’m asking for help, something VERY uncharacteristic for me, outside of my own circle. I don’t need my hand held, just a gesture in the correct directions.

5 Likes

I would adivse exploring what interests you, a paradigm,current or system of magick that you connect with and work in it for a few months to build a good foundation. Then once you have that foindation if you want to branch out a bit go for it.

You will also find Alot of good info on digging around the forum regarding development practices.

3 Likes

I’m looking into the Old Ones in particular, I’m already intimately familiar with their lore, and I’ve always had an affinity toward Azathoth, Nyarlathotep, and Yog Sothoth. I’m also interested in Earth, water, and fire based elemental magik, as well as mastering Astral projection, lucid dreaming, and channeling. I’m not going to lie, I’m outright seeking power, and I will not be denied, not by man, god, or anything else. I’m beyond done being the bigger man for the sake of others, and feeling hollow for it.

2 Likes

Well there i no shortage if material to get ya started. Interest in working with the old ones seems to have gone up lately it seems. I have a few posts i can link later for ya. Cant dig um up at the moment.

1 Like

Much appreciated man, I know one of them just made contact with me, kinda hard to tell which, as when I asked for a name, I was told, “names are of little relevance, identify as you see fit”. Seems in line with Nyarlathotep, but I keep getting images of The Yellow Sign, so it may be Hastur. Frankly, I think these beings have been trying to contact me for longer than I know.

Interesting timing on that one :thinking: ive got the urge to dig into the king in yellow texts recently. Been an interesting read

1 Like

One piece of advise i can highly reccomend is as you develop go back to the lore. New connections and insights surface as you gain new perceptions through experience. For example working with the many forms of and titles of the crawling chaos are similar working with arhiman and the divs. Ahriman being represented by the black sun and the divs being the rays of this black sun.

Because they emanates from the same source and fire there is intermingling of concepts and ideas that cross over from working with one to the next.

In this same manner when working with the the crawling chaos could be slightly or dramatically different when working with the black man of the witches coven or the most ancient one. They emanate from the same source but different manifestations of this force we know as Nyarlathotep

2 Likes

I have most of the lore committed to memory already. I’ve been a huge Lovecraft fan for years. I’ve read most of Lovecraft’s short stories, as well as the longer ones, including The Necronomicon. The beings themselves simply fascinate the hell out of me.

1 Like

I would start by finding commonality in the various systems and learning the basic principles of what it is we do here.

2 Likes

That’s currently what I’m working on. Fortunately I’ve got a bit of head start in a few areas.

2 Likes

My single biggest piece of advice would be - don’t let your conscious mind sabotage you. After we experience the supernatural there is a tendency for the mind to clam up, and then for all the unconscious shite to creep out. I didn’t believe this until it happened to me. Maintaining an occult focus is so important. You can learn every system in existence but until you master this, things can, and will, go awry.

5 Likes

You’re absolutely right, and they have, on a couple occasions.

1 Like

My opinion is find a goal, something you’d like but are not desperate to achieve, and attempt to get the method/s and or spirit/s you want to work with to bring you that goal.

And make it material, something that cannot be denied or written off as imagination, could be as simple as a vase or a new pair of shoes.

4 Likes

Well, any suggestions on beings that help with wealth and success, in a more immediate time table, that don’t conflict with The Old Ones and Outer Gods?
I’ve already received some help, I know I’ve been imbued with energy from… something, upon reflection and meditation, it could possibly be The Nameless Mist, but the being is so far removed from the human experience, it’s hard to make sense of the information presented.

This’ll give ya some ideas of what has worked for others. From my experiences nothing really “conflicts” with the energies of the old ones. If you aim to work with other entities at the same time do it. Depending on how intensely you dive in, it just make take longer at times to ground your the experience here.

5 Likes