On the recent newsletter about zen and becoming like the water to release attach

Ok so I really enjoyed this newsletter as releasing my attachment is my biggest downfall in majick.
Times are tough for me right now,so when I go to perform a money ritual or anything else I might be in immediate danger from I can’t let it go.

I’ve decided to start a regimen of water meditations and mudras.
I’m going to do this starting today and evoke Nichsah to have him help me overcome my inability to forget about the ritual and trust myself and my power.
I know I can do it.I’ve had results before.Usually when I just do the ritual and walk away with a “fuck it” attitude.
I’ve lost touch with the fact that I AM a God and if I need something to appear or crumble it WILL happen.

Just wanted to speak on this,and hear your guy’s replies.

Have you ever considered meditating on Zen Koans?

When I began Zazen meditations years ago, I would choose one to meditate on for a few days at a time. They are simple little ‘truths’ that have no logical answer per-Se, but when are finally ‘cracked’, will give you an ‘ah-ha’ moment of clarity, recognizing the bigger picture.

I found that these simple little riddles helped me quite a bit in achieving non-attachment, I may have to dig up my old books and go through them again.

[url=http://www.csudh.edu/phenom_studies/mumonkan/mumonkan.htm]http://www.csudh.edu/phenom_studies/mumonkan/mumonkan.htm[/url]

Try focusing on the riddle before moving onto the comments.

I admit, I never solved very many before giving in and ‘peeking’ at the interpretations, lol.

Master Sekiso said, “You are at the top of the 100 foot high pole. How will you make a step further?” Another Zen Master of Ancient Times said, “One who sits on top of the 100 foot pole has not quite attained true enlightenment. Make another step forward from the top of the pole and throw one’s own body into the 100,000 universes.”

My interpretation: Never settle for the top of the pole, there’s always more, until you’re prepared to throw yourself off the pole, into a new universe, renouncing the old you, you are not enlightened.

The Death Tarot card comes to mind.

There are many more like this. Have fun :slight_smile:

Zen koans are not to be solved but to put mind in a doubtful state and see the truth clearly

“If everything has to come back to the center, where does the center go back?”

The answer is not something you can “word” but the spontaneous realization on itself that more often than not it breaks into the most honest laughter.

I recomend to read the life and work of Dogen Zenji, who explain Zazen clearly: Just Sit. Sitting is on itself enlightenment.

and the audio and video of Alan Watts who has an espectacular way to point out what we often don’t see.

Alan Watts: Discipline Of Zen - Pt 1 of 2

as Gnosis said, have fun :wink:

Thanks guys!
I’ll do some research on this as I’ve never heard of it before,and find a way to incorporate it into my regimen.

That’s right :slight_smile:

Watts and D.T. Suzuki were always my favorite Western Zen authors.

Any of their books are worth the read.

It seems to me that if you allow doubt into a working, that’s like opening up the possibility of a binary outcome, a “win” outcome where reality bends to your will, and a “lose” outcome, which is usually the thing that probability would have caused to happen anyway.

Say you need $200, and you do some work for it to come to you - the Win would be for example, someone hires you to do something you can easily do, and you get the money, or you win it off a scratchcard, or find something you can sell, whatever - the Lose outcome is for reality to go on like it did before, and you still need that cash.

If your mind holds any doubt at all (doubt is the flipside of attachment - you’re attached to this outcome, which implies the opposite outcome can exist) then reality, like a river being dammed up, is just going to choose the course of least resistance, and your magick won’t work because it required a change to occur.

I have no idea if that imagery makes sense but this is how it’s seeming to me, and I found my concept helpful because 1. it stopped this issue of “attachment” from being in the realms of almost the moral, philosophical, religious-like stuff, and 2. it’s helping me construct a model of how our minds can control reality by staying focused on not imagining the outcomes we don’t want.

And don’t forget, you already ARE a living god, so you might also want to consider why you’re choosing to experience this difficulty, at this point in time? It’s a more empowering way of looking at real problems that are there, I recommend the website of a guy called David neagle for more of that type of thought, he’s got pages of Q&A format things where he coaches people to look at their problems as a thing they’ve created for a reason in their own lives.

Good luck!!

Your post has made me want to put what I wrote above in context.

A toddler has legs, but cannot walk yet - but he’s capable of kicking a barbeque onto himself and suffering injuries from using a power he hasn’t yet mastered, and didn’t even know he had. Such it is with every living being, including non-human life - all the time, Source within is manifesting through that person’s limited understanding of, and control of, his or her own power, and around us all the other forms of the Godhead are manifesting their realities, and often able, at first, to overpower our own through their own determination.

At the moment, MK, you’re definitely making results happen, but they’re not the ones you want, so learning to build and then wield your power to give you results in line with what you desire, is the task here.

I’m saying that stuff because it’s what’s gotten me results - bad stuff from my past, some of it actually psychologically scarring, that healed and turned into a gift when I looked at in terms of finding what, in those experiences, I could be grateful for - what the lesson was, and where the blessing was in that suffering to make myself stronger and clearer and so on. So if I sound dogmatic, it’s only because rejecting the idea my experiences fell upon me as though i was a victim, gave me a better quality of life and has empowered me in ways that are tangible and permanent.

I agree with you 100% LadyEva.Just last month I was able to release my desire,and made $1600,but I had that little voice in the back of my head saying “No way.Too good to be true.” Even if I didn’t mean to feel that way those thoughts arose.Now here I am a month later strapped for cash again.

I evoked Nichsah,and the four archangels last night about this issue,and will post detailed knowledge they gave me about this problem that I think a lot of people need to hear.
Maybe something they’ve already heard,but doesn’t hurt to hear again.

[quote=“Musta_Krackish, post:8, topic:2337”]I agree with you 100% LadyEva.Just last month I was able to release my desire,and made $1600,but I had that little voice in the back of my head saying “No way.Too good to be true.” Even if I didn’t mean to feel that way those thoughts arose.Now here I am a month later strapped for cash again.

I evoked Nichsah,and the four archangels last night about this issue,and will post detailed knowledge they gave me about this problem that I think a lot of people need to hear.
Maybe something they’ve already heard,but doesn’t hurt to hear again.[/quote]

Maybe what you also need to seek out is a oaradigm you can really invest in, of how reality works, that will mean that gut reaction of “no way” goes away?

I’m working on this for myself right now, and if I get anywhere I’ll share - and just for emphasis it’s about finding an empowering springboard, not a “you/I must believe this because it’s Right and True” or any of that old nonsense. :slight_smile:

Maybe a stronger launchpad’s what you need, not more rocket fuel (so to speak)?

I think it is with me and limited first results are leading me to lean more in that direction. hell, even the bible goes on about faith alone being all you need to make things happen!