On pepition and spirits

My father mounts ago got a blood clot in the brain. He recovered a lot but he is still dizzy. I therefore considered to use Marbas. The problem I always have with magick is how to formulate my intention. I,m often concered if the spirits misunderstand something. For instance with Marbas I have formulted my intention like “with this offering of life force I want you to remove my father,s dissy”. Is there a risk that Marbas then can misunderstand as spirits always take the path of least resistance and then do more harm?

Personally, I would formulate the request as “Marbas, I ask you to help alleviate my father’s symptoms and to restore him to full health.”

2 Likes

Could I use that in any case with illness or damage? The petition “alleviate symptoms and to restore to full health”?

Yes, of course.

Is there a reason you say “alleviate my father,s symptoms” instead of “remove my father’s symptoms”?

Complete removal of symptoms could easily be mistaken for full healing even though the illness is still present as the outer symptoms are just the result of your immune system doing its job. To alleviate means to make less severe so the symptoms become more manageable while at the same time you can still track your healing by their presence.

So it’s used as a form of evidence that the healing process is going on.

Why would you ask to remove the symptoms at the same time as asking for full healing? The symptoms will resolve themselves once the healing is complete and full health is restored, but healing is rarely, if ever, instantaneous so by asking for the symptoms to be alleviated you are asking for the target to feel better now while waiting for the healing to be complete.

It’s the same reason why people take medication. Medication doesn’t cure illness, it alleviates the symptoms of that illness so that you feel better and when you feel better, it frees up more energy for your immune system to fight back. Your appetite returns and you can often sleep better too so the body can go into its natural regenerative cycle.