On angels in religion

So, according to major religions, angels are spirits that serve the abrahamic God. If so, why is it that they, as individuals, are shoved out of mainstream faith? People believe in angels on a general sense, but don’t seem to consider them in the same manner that occultists do. People would rather believe that they’re praying to God directly, and that God himself answers. Granted, the Catholic faith has their saints.

I understand that “Classical Occultism” is very Christian (invocations to God and Christ and what not). But I find it weird how the sorts of people who acknowledge the existence of individual angels, and their attributes, are also just as likely to call on demons, fae, and other gods. Not that there’s anything wrong with it, but my question is how did angels go out of fashion when it comes to the Christian and post-Christian public?

I think angels are not “fancy guys” right now. For the most part, all that you have listed is just strength. You can harm a person both with the help of angels and with the help of demons. I know that the revenge and attack of an angel can be much fiercer than the attack of a demon, for example. So, it’s about fashion. My opinion.

Because Abrahamic religions say there is only one god. With that in mind, it wouldn’t make sense to worship dozens of other entities just because of their supposed affiliation.

But angels, saints, etc. are venerated, and have been for many years. They’re just not the focus of these faiths.

‘and the angels laboured the trees’ I’m not gonna apologize for being ‘that guy’ but angels were machines

likely because leaders of christianity don’t want their followers to wield any kind of power