Olympian Spirits and interactions with them

Ah, problem is Athena, Apollo etc are Olympian Gods and many use the word “Spirit” when they talk about the Gods… There is a huge difference between an Olympian God and an Olympian Spirit. Who knows, maybe someone will actually bother to read :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yeah! and I’m getting the impression some folk read the title then add a comment at the bottom of the thread without reading the content inbetween!

Fingers crossed hey, as I’m so not a fan of repeating myself! :joy:

2 Likes

Apologies I may have misread your post. Well I now have a new topic to research yayy😁

1 Like

No worries, you weren’t the first and probably not the last ha!
They are truly wonderful Spirits so you won’t regret it :blush:

3 Likes

I had a copy of Arbatel that I loaned out to a friend and never saw again (good news - it’s a friend I at least, living out of state now, would be putting it to good use). Listening to BJ Swain on Glitchbottle lit a fire under me again to get another copy and go back into it.

I have tried contact with all seven, or I at least introduced myself to them and indicated that I was seeking guidance, right action, and understandings for ways in which I could ‘help them help me to help them’.

I’m still not sure where my level of psychic sensitivity lies, I felt like I got relatively strong handshakes from at least three or four of them (most notably Aratron, Phul, and Ophiel, some luck with Phaleg and Bethor but less pronounced). I’ll probably should reach out to them again starting next week or maybe even this Saturday to see how it goes.

1 Like

These spirits are not Greek in origin, that is simply the name they were given in the grimoire of Arbatel

2 Likes

I just realized this was about Olympian spirits not OlympIC spirits but here was my response in regards to OlympIC spirits:I find when I work with them there seems to be an array of spirits around as well as that general feeling of the main one you called. I took a break from working with the Olympic spirits and am revisiting now. I see them in my dreams and also as black shadows. I wonder if they are the same spirits as the 7 Djinn King but under a different name. I tried working with the Djinn Kings but I think I got nothing; maybe because it was an Islamic system and I’m not in that system.

1 Like

The original poster clarified that she did mean the OlympIC so the responses according to the Arbatel were appropriate.

I’m actually grappling with some internal static, ie. forces trying to pull me down paths that I find highly questionable, so I have a bit of a mystery that I want to solve before I jump in with them. Reading Jason Reza Jorjani’s Prometheus and Atlas has been helpful in terms of steadying my lens on this sort of thing but it also leaves me hoping that there’s at least something we’re interacting with that isn’t just hustling or playing the angles on us and the seven Olympic spirits seem like they’re the most trustworthy group of entities that I’ve heard discussed to date. If they were indeed Djinn kings I think that would just go to show how inadequate our categories are or trying to group characteristics by race, ie. almost bad as saying ‘Ah this is a white guy - I trust him!’ or ‘Ah, this is a Jamaican Brit - I trust her!’, it might very well be that ludicrous because everything I hear about the Djinn on here for the most part working with them is like swatting a fly on a glass table with a sledgehammer.

2 Likes

All spirits have an agenda. Follow your gut instinct.

3 Likes

But what about if the agenda they follow is being trustworthy?

never follow blindly without a goal or purpose. Their agenda isn’t your agenda if it’s not made clear. Some of the close people you trust in life will back stab you. It applies to any beings too. If they lack communication than the jig is up. And we know it’s lack of communication cuz not all of us has heighten senses to get clear message from them. That’s why there’s a need to question often using life events as ffeedback. It’s just being cautious and for safety.

1 Like

Hello. If I ask Arathorn to bind my extremely vicious enemy from both his attacks and his trying to defend against my planned attacks (as part of my cruel revenge), will he work with me? I dont know if he works only for just causes and it is hard to determine whether the cause is just although the enemy has been trying to destroy my life for years take from me everything that I have earned and I am planning to take revenge on him taking much from him but without destroying his health.
Equally, if I ask Phalleg to destroy the efforts of this enemy, will he do it regardless of the fairness/justice factor?

Let me make it clear that I don’t take revenge lightly - but my enemy is a sociopath without remorse or empathy and I have innocently suffered the most horrible attacks by him for years.

1 Like

I’m very interested in how one evokes an Olympian spirit. I imagine the procedure and process is the same but I don’t know that to be true really. I do know certain spirits want to be called with certain ways. I know very little about how to start working with this class of spirits but I’m very interested if someone has some experience they’d like to share.

You can use any method of evocation for the Olympic spirits. When I evoked a couple of them, my usual method didn’t really change from what I typically use for angels and demons.

1 Like

I was really hoping that would be the case thanks for letting me know. I finally feel like I hit my stride with evoking angels and demons. I’m very interested to experience both the Greek and Norse pantheons. My family on my mothers side came from Denmark so Norse deities have always interested me. I’m very drawn to the Greek as well. Thanks again for the heads up about the methods being the same. I think I’ll get started working on this soon.

1 Like

Just don’t confuse the Olympic spirits with the Greek deities. They are NOT the same lol

1 Like

I do know that. The Olympic spirits are very much similar to angels yes?

1 Like

Similar, yes. They are part of the celestial hierarchy but not quite angelic, though some claim they are. To understand their position, you could take a look at the Arbetel of Magick.

In his book, Master Works of Chaos Magick, Adam Blackthorne provides an original system for working with the Olympic spirits, which is simpler than the standard.

6 Likes

Thank you for clarifying for me. Many Magicians swear by how effective they are. I’m looking forward to doing some more research on balg about them and then planning some experimentation. Thank you for the good book recommendation also. I will be frank chaos magick is a subject I know very little about though. I think I have read about the arbitel though.

2 Likes

Chaos Magick is more of a paradigm than a system or method. It’s basic operating parameter is belief shifting, the basic premise being that if you can invest enough belief into something, then anything can be used for magick.

2 Likes