Odinn - experiences of the process

My involvement with Odinn began a year ago, though my first calling to Odinn began when I was 19, and even before then I wore the Thor’s hammer in high school without knowing what it all meant.

Odinn has been very interesting to me, on one level - inspiring creatively, a sense of ecstasy.

On the other hand, Odinn is very much like a father or the wise wizard archetype.

He is elusive, plays to a different set of rules, but with good reasons, and encourages me to look with clarity or else.

He has taught me what first appeared to be about the negative shit that I do, but now I under that he is showing my immaturity and low character traits which need to be addressed.

In many ways, it can be hard.

I do wish there were a circle of heathens to practice the faith with, but I have been reluctant to.

What about you?

1 Like

Odhinn is the most complicated and multifaceted spirit I’ve ever encountered. He’s always watching those he chooses (not special snowflake stuff either, you’ll see signs) and seems to send challenges and lessons their way. But if you look into his many roles and names, he has so many aspects of power and personality, a living energetic contradiction and a prime role model and lifetime mentor for a Left Hand Path sage.

6 Likes

My aunt was a Freyjaswoman and gave me my first set of runes, since then I just wanted to be a vitki without really knowing what it was. I quickly developed a fulltrui with Odhinn and he taught me a lot of things, still does. I went through the rebellious phase after I was meant to be handed off to Thor next since Odhinn had taught me all that was necessary for the time, but Loki done corrupted ma ass instead. I don’t regret my choice honestly lol. Just last year I reopened communication with Odhinn after needing to seriously brush up on my Mercurial and literary/oratory abilities and it was like ripping open a wound that had nearly healed shut but he wasn’t angry with me or anything. We still speak every so often but I understand him much better after learning about his “darker” side… aka the eye he dropped in the well.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response.

It’s nice to hear from others that have gone down this road.

A good translation of Havamal has been informative here. Also Odin’s Gateway.

Personally I feel directed towards Tyr at this point…

Though I sensed and perceived Loki (how he appeared to me in a dream) in a vision during my last ritual to Odinn while practicing stave Magick, I have been advised to stop evocation of the gods and if i need things to go through the runes as they are the essence of the gods.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response. I recognize your name.

Yes that’s how it seems to me too.

I am glad to know there are others here like that.

Personally Odinn taught me a huge mind bending lesson last year.

I felt moved by a turn of events to relocate to our home town, after getting in a car wreck that left us quite enough to live off of and quit our miserable jobs.

Odinn is who I gave my concerns to before the final decision, after the decision and who I spoke with heavily for months during what turned out to be a “grass is never greener on the other side” moment.

Through the move, I faced old resentments with family members, my own sense of resilience against following in their footsteps, and recalled the shitty path old acquaintances were headed down, and realized that

Odinn misled me, only for me to see what I needed to see, which in turn made me feel and realize what I actually wanted in my life.

We promptly found out our old landlord had a new spot open, quit our new jobs, unloaded the Uhaul and life has greatly improved.

Odinn taught me to make my own decisions, and to never really trust what I am perceiving as his intervention as such, again.

I feel that is definitely a left handed way of doing things.

Odinn makes it clear in the Havamal he doesn’t want people to bother him with problems, but that he helps those who help themselves.

2 Likes

I also understand more of how Odinn can potentially play a game of sorts with me if I decided to call on him in a stupid manner for my wants and needs.

So I am very nervous about that. Ha!

1 Like

I agree. He’s up there on my list for that. He has many sides to him and he seems to never show only one. He’s very interesting to just sit down and talk with about anything.

1 Like

if you got a facefuck account add me @ Malice Striker Saturnine !! i would love to talk more about this. the board will not allow me message privileges unless you message me first so… hit ma line somehow bro. i will teach you many jotun secrets! and how to get in contact with them yourself. i am a reel rimeborn bitch so

odhinn don’t play he will fuck your shit up just to troll literally LOL. if he’s really yo dad you know how it be tho… literally just a strong ass gust of wind makes me anxious bc of him

1 Like

Hi im new in this Forum and in the connection with the Old Gods, can anyone help me to connect with Odinn or Tyr?

best regards

@SilverWolf Please click the banner below and follow the instructions

handIntro

3 Likes

Thanks, check!

1 Like