Odin told me about my studies

I’m an univ student(dept. of history) and currently considering very seriously of going to grad school.
Last night, even in my dreams, I said desperately into void. I CAN recall what I said and heard. “Actually I’m agonizing about whether I should go to grad school or not.”

And a voice came out of the blue, saying. “I’d be very happy too, if you reconsider going there.”
I knew in my guts that it was the Wise One.

I can’t know what I do. Since childhood, my dream was to be a history expert and get a doctorate in history.
But grad school students around me are saying “You should be very careful” or “DON’T COME HERE IT’S A SAD PLACE!!!”, and my family wants me to get other job - publishing company employee(says my sister) or a civil servant(says my mom). And now the Allfather himself is saying “reconsider your decision”.

Yes. I’m considering, considering, considering… and will eventually make a decision if I don’t catch Corona virus and die(I live in Korea)!

6 Likes

Evoke allfather and ask his reasons. In india being a history doctor is almost worthless but I dont know about korea however it’s your path and you should do what you believe in.

1 Like

Go with your intuition and consider all your options and how each could benefit you.

While I appreciate the fact that you take your family’s opinion into account, think very carefully:
Can you imagine yourself being a civil servant? Do you like it? Or will you always be thinking “Why did I not go to grad school back then?”

It is good to be aware of what awaits you, that it won’t be easy.
But nobody else can really tell you if you’re gonna like it or not.

It is your life, and I think your experience with Odin is valid and important.

1 Like

If you get a solid job now you can go into history later, take your doctorate as an adult, or study in your spare time then take a media route into the field.

But if you waste your time now on studies that may not provide a solid job, you will be wasting the best youthful years for getting established and making money and maybe starting a family.

3 Likes