Odd requests of The 72 Angels

So I have been actively researching these angels that talked about in Damon Brands book lately. What I have found is that they have multitude of powers beyond what is listed in the book. Can I include in my request to them powers attributed to them from other books or magicians?

I’m thinking of using multiple angels to go accomplish certain tasks using powers attributed to them by other authors.

2 Likes

Yes, you can.

1 Like

yes just get the names right. Some say those books have names in them that have been exchanged for power, promotion via books to gain more power, and so who wins - the author.
the names. Some of the names im seeing when googled deeply, you find arent actually angels at all - covered in smoke and mirrors then some who would not appreciate being called as if they were angelic.

2 Likes

I also spotted that some names can be different by just one digit and actually, you are calling quite the opposite.

i gues sbecause there is no context, just a book of words, it would be easy to slip in a few naughties

2 Likes

It all goes back to having the correct names in Hebrew, then translating those to phonetic sounds in English or whatever language. Google.com/translate can help greatly.
I have seen differences between The Golden Dawn, The Shem Grimoire, a lodge paper on Shemhamphoresh, and 72 Angels.
I would suggest looking up the names in a complete Catholic bible, including apocrypha and other writings, to get Angel names or decipher them how it is done with the Exodus chapter to derive the angels and the name of God. Also fallen angel names.
Then evoke, evoke, evoke.

1 Like

To be honest, ive often just used English - the term and intention is the same - they dont not appear because “oh… did you mean me?.. or what about me? It was your accent that threw me off sorry Ill just go get him!”

I guess thats why other prompts can help, if Mikel turns up and you asked for Michael, pronouncing it ME-KEY-EL, sees you sat there with an i love St Michael T-shirt and a fancy candle its gonna be known pretty quick what you meant.

2 Likes

Use the Hebrew letters and use a pronunciation guide for the letters :slight_smile:

If I actually heard them saying that as I was doing the rituals I would be pretty embarrassed. I actually did call out to the wrong angel during the ritual I am currently doing. I did get the feeling it didn’t matter but I felt embarrassed once I realized what I had done that did the whole thing again 10 min later.

1 Like

1 Like

It should be mem, yod, cheth, lamed
From right to left as Hebrew is, would be LChYM, Who is like unto God
Sometimes an Aleph is placed before the Lamed. In the above case would be pronounced MEE-KEL.

1 Like