Occult Schools

I’ve been reading a book by Dion Fortune and she mentions learning at an occult school multiple times. If they’re real, how do I go about joining/finding one? That or Masters/Mentors/Teachers.

3 Likes

There’s tons

You don’t have to join one. You can.

I’ve been pondering over it for ages and considered many… there’s a free one I think called Quararia or something that’s online if you just wanna have a look and see

I don’t think all are equal in what they offer or teach or in their reputation so I would recommend asking people for their experience or thoughts here if you find one you resonate with

Also just noticed this post which may be an interesting read for you CKs black magician beginner guide

3 Likes

I looked into quariea our however you spell it. O can’t vouch for it but it did seem legit and @Mulberry reccomended it i think

4 Likes

Order of the temple of Astarte OTA. This is a pretty cool school. If I lived in the USA I’d join in a heartbeat. Here’s a video on Solomonic magick and Goetia by the schools founder poke runyon

Yeah Quareia.com, you can also find interviews and lectures by Josephine McCarthy at yt to see if you like her style. Her books are free at the site and so is a pretty comprehensive magick course.
I like her because she’s different, having not crossed over with modern occultism much, but she is heavily influenced by JCI philosophy, so I extrapolate some.

Glitch Bottle poscast on yt interviews tons of authors and a lot of great info can be learned from those.

BALG has good condensed courses. E.A.'s book Ordo Ascensum Aetrynalis is the publication of his original mail order course, and I think the three OOO courses are the improved version of that, with the Black Magic course being a condensed version.

I have joined an order before, to get very specific learning, stuck it out as a ‘disciple’ for long enough to get the data on Taoist magic and entity contact (I dislike orders generally for the same reason I dislike organised religion, but if they have info I want, “needs must when the devil drives”), and then I became apostate when I was done. This kind of thing can get expensive (they live off your donations and merch purchases which are mandatory) and I’d only recommend it if you have a specific interest, and then have a plan on how much you want to spend.

Lyn Buchannan or other remote viewing courses have a culture behind them that feels very school-like.

The Monroe Institute is a school, on the pricier end but good, solid info.

5 Likes