Obsidian skrying mirror

I have been wanting to get my daughter her own Obsidian skrying mirror, i was just about to start the process think the $5 for a 48cm was a good deal, after all it said “large”, but then i saw a 100cm for $12 . Does size matter ? As it is she hasn’t even begun learning skrying yet, but I know she would be thrilled to have one for her alter anyway. I am not big on finances so really for me the $12 is a huge outlay for me, but if the smaller form of large will work just as well, maybe I should get that.
I would really like some opinions and or experiances if there are any out there.
Thanks

2 Likes

You could get the matierals to make one. All you need is a round piece of glass and some black paint. You could also add powdered crystals like pieces of quarts,amythest, lapis and obsidian into the paint.

1 Like

Opinion? Sounds way too good to be true. Did you see this in person or on line? Even if you are getting them from a place like Aliexpress a 5" obsidian mirror usually runs about US $20. 100cm? You would be looking at hundreds or close to $1,000, honestly. Care to share a link? I have to see this for myself.

Usually a 20cm obsidian mirror (8") goes for about 75-100, if that gives you a rough idea of the going rate.

But, to answer the question, obsidian mirrors are second to none in quality and beauty, and they are natural, so if you find that it is real, buy it up! Huge is not neccessary, but it is a nice luxury. You can compensate for size by adjusting the distance from yourself. The small ones are also great for travel or hiking; I like them, and have a small 3" one for exactly that purpose. It has never done me wrong. If your focus is appropriate, then the size really does not matter, especially when you get used to using it.

2 Likes

Same thought here.

@Frater_Dark_Matter not to be a dick but check it’s not 100mm aka 10cm aka just under 4 inches?

That metric/imperial conversion is a bitch, and measuring things in mm can be really misleading, you need to get a ruler to see how small they truly are.

2 Likes

Thanks, I made one 2 years ago- if I had known about these I would have gotten them; but i like screwing around making things also.

1 Like

wow I wouldl never pay that much!!! Why would anyone ?

1 Like

Well, for starters, the largest to be found on the site you showed is 4"-5". If you want a larger one you are going to pay for it, and the price is not scaled to size. Second, maybe someone does not want to wait a month or more for it. Third, some people like to buy their magickal tools from an actual occultist and not from a factory in China where they often treat people like shit. Lots of bad energy with that.

1 Like

Collecting.

Also as someone that has picked up on some of the enties habbits I work with, the more shinies the better. (Give me more gold, silver, precious gems. The more to decorate my dwelling with, you can never have too much.):gem::gem::gem::dragon_face::dragon:

1 Like

I’ve picked up a cheap picture frame. And some black spray :wink:

4 Likes

Took my idea!

1 Like

My max wait time has been 2 weeks. And whenever I see a product being sold online i find out where they got it wholsale. Regular marketing is whatever you see it advertised for ‘retail’ is 2/3’s marked up from the wholesale. my Baphomet pendant i wear i saw being sold for $175, with the words “Great Deal!!” interestingly i bought it 2 years before, for $6. just because something comes off an “Occult website” does not necessarily empower the trinket, but it does necessarily say you are paying more for it then the Seller did. Do you respect yourself? Why willingly rip yourself off? IMO

1 Like

Yes, I do, lol, and I DON’T rip myself off…because I have a resale certificate and can buy things wholesale stateside legally. Sure, some sellers are dishonest though. There is nothing wrong with making a buck, but some people go way, way overboard with mark-ups. 175 for a 6 dollar item is obscene, I agree with you. Actually I saw some dick head just the other day selling a book that I sell regularly for 25, but he was selling it for 85, and I’m like “wtf?”.

But, consider that very often in an occult stores the items you get are handmade. Not a lot of the jewelry, but things like oils, candles and incense blends definitely show a difference in quality and power. This adds an upcharge, but again, there is reasonable and then there is greedy. For example, I make anointing oils by hand, use high quality ingredients, maceration method, and with planetary principles. My shit is fire, so I charge 12 for a 2oz bottle. Or you could buy some mass produced Anne Riva piss in a bottle for 8. But you do have to be wary of dishonest sellers.

My only rule I adhere to when I shop on Aliexpress is sticking to small shops. Usually those are family owned, so the workers are treated ethically. If I find the item I want is mass, factory produced, I stay away. Those places are predicated on misery and suffering, especially that of kids, and I want nothing to do with that.

If our dickfaced POTUS keeps his tariff wars up we won’t be getting cheap stuff from China for much longer anyways, though.