OAA pathworking and study group

Just curious, would any here who have access to the OAA material be interested in starting a study group? We could discuss our individual results of the exercises, give advice and help one another when coming upon stumbling blocks etc.

I planned to start this up once the FWB project is finished up. Once the current FWB project is done I plan to stop ALL magickal practices not related to working through the OAA material.

I thought about having it broken down in threads pertaining to 3 flames each to cut down on confusion and keep the information condensed for easier access. If anybody is interested or has advice to help this project please feel free weigh in.

2 Likes

Yeah I’d be interested man.

Totally interested and was planning on starting something for this soon, so perfect timing

Count me in. At the moment, I’m in a position where I can give quite a bit of my time to a project like this for all of us.

I am so in on this! And great timing for me aswell. I had also already planned on doing this pathworking, but doing it together with a group would be epic!

Well Attis, may I suggest the following advice as far as some organizational planning & execution?

1. How many people are you looking to work with?
    1.1. What number do you feel is a workable # that you/all of us can comfortably handle?

2. The bigger the number may be rather difficult to manage…just a thought.

3. OAA Material - Do we all have to have our own material? I personally do not (yes I would my own materials books etc…just don’t have 'em)
    3.1. Material distribution may have to be considered…if so how? And obviously in a way that we are all OK with. I’m sure most of us feel the same way I do - Sacred Texts are to be honored. Can the materials even be distributed to some practitioners without pissing anyine off???

4. Group communication - weekly group conference call? Skype? Tango from Google Market? I would’nt mind PM’ing everyone my number/putting together an Off Forum phone list.

5. Regional in-person meetings anyone? Shit, I’m in SW Florida man! I’d love to meet up if others are “local” ie a couple of states away…or even meet up here. I can put some of my brothers/sisters up for a day or two.

Let me know what anyone things. This path is extremely important to us…we CAN do this.

Uhm, I don’t know, Mode_439. I’m not leading this group. Just participating. I’m a horrible leader.

You don’t have the Complete Works?

[quote=“Mode_439, post:6, topic:968”]Well Attis, may I suggest the following advice as far as some organizational planning & execution?

1. How many people are you looking to work with?
    1.1. What number do you feel is a workable # that you/all of us can comfortably handle?

2. The bigger the number may be rather difficult to manage…just a thought.

3. OAA Material - Do we all have to have our own material? I personally do not (yes I would my own materials books etc…just don’t have 'em)
    3.1. Material distribution may have to be considered…if so how? And obviously in a way that we are all OK with. I’m sure most of us feel the same way I do - Sacred Texts are to be honored. Can the materials even be distributed to some practitioners without pissing anyine off???

4. Group communication - weekly group conference call? Skype? Tango from Google Market? I would’nt mind PM’ing everyone my number/putting together an Off Forum phone list.

5. Regional in-person meetings anyone? Shit, I’m in SW Florida man! I’d love to meet up if others are “local” ie a couple of states away…or even meet up here. I can put some of my brothers/sisters up for a day or two.

Let me know what anyone things. This path is extremely important to us…we CAN do this.[/quote]

I had no set amount for people to participate. I was planning on starting a thread to work through the 3 flames at a time. The more that want to offer their experiences in these workings the better. Based on the amount of people participating I was going to explore other options.

In my experience there is usually a lot of people to jump on something when it first gets started and the numbers steadily dwindle down as it progresses so only time will tell what options will be available/achievable.

As far as the OAA materials go I was under the assumption that those who already have access to it participate. I hate it, I don’t want to act like some elitist or anything like that. The bottom line is the material is the intellectual property of E.A., if he is ok with the lessons being posted/shared that would be fine but without his approval I will not do so. If it were my own stuff I wouldn’t care but I’m also not making my living based on it either.

As far as group communication was concerned if people would like to Skype, Tango whatever they are welcome to do so. I don’t know how well the previous Skype sessions went that redcircle had going. I likely wouldn’t be able to do much like that, I work 60+ hours a week and try to give my additional time to my family and magick. I was primarily going to use the forum for my discussion and results.

As far as group meetings that would be awesome but finding time and extra cash for travel may hinder many.

If anyone would like to take the reigns of this I invite them to do so. I was basically just trying to get a forum discussion group going.

I’m very interested as well, so count me in!
I also understand your concerns “Wandering Fool”. My main interest is to be in contact with people that help each other in verifying their mgickal results.
As far as initiation goes, of course it’s great to discuss the finer philosophical points of a path. I enjoy that a lot. But from my experience, this work gets you into realms beyond logic and reasoning pretty quickly. So the mysteries protect themselves and can’t really be “stained”, if you know what I mean.

I found this site rather late. I own Evoking Eternity, still waiting for The Book of Azazel from nephilim to arrive, and now debating whether to purchase other works on eBay.

I emailed the Help Desk yesterday asking about The Complete Works??? Any other copies??? Help desk is checking to see if there are any other copies floating around.

I’ll either have to piece together my own Collected Works, or get a copy from here if one lis still available

I tried to pm Timothy to discuss what would be acceptable or not for the study group but his pm is blocked so I’ll just ask here.

Timothy, I was planning to start a study/discussion group for the OAA material. I wanted to check with you and E.A. first to find out if there was anything either of you would not want discussed. I had no plans to post exercises or initiations but rather along the lines of “So I did the exercises for the first flame and noticed these results.” or “I’m havin issues with the third exercise of the fifth flame any one have any solutions?”.

Would working the discussion like this be ok? I do not want to step on anyone’s toes, I respect the fact that this is copyrighted material and the intellectual property of E.A. The last thing I want it to do something that either of you would find disrespectful or over the line. Thanks for your time.

I’m sorry that you were late on getting your copy, Mode_439. I hope you will be able to get one from the help desk or from someone who bought more than one copy.

It appears that the exercises and the information in Works of Darkness relates almost identically with the OAA section in many ways, and supplements in other ways. Such as additional info regarding the almost-exact same stuff in the OAA section. I intend to keep one bookmark in the section in Works of Darkness and another bookmarker in the OAA section.
I have begun working with the first exercise.
I don’t think it will be necessary for anyone to actually do any leading. If you, TheWanderingFool, or someone else would make a specific thread for posting eachothers experience and questions in, then I think that will work more than fine enough for this group.

Man, this OAA and Works of Darkness material is amazing!

I agree Attis it seems the WOD and OAA material are complimentary/supplementary to each other. I’m very impressed with the results I’ve been getting with the light amount practice I’ve done so far (been reading more than practicing at the moment).

That pendulum exercise its a bitch though, I thought I was pretty good at visualisation but I am feeling very humbled. Great exercises on the whole, Its really nice to be able to work through something step by step.

1 Like

Hey All,

I have begun immersing myself completely into Works of Darkness. I have read the OAA materials and noticed the similiarities. Based on the comments I have read here about how complimentary it is with WoD, from those more knowledgeable than I, (and my own similar conclusions) I have decided to work the OAA material concurrently.
I look forward to discussing the Flames with everyone (with EA’s blessing, of course).

[url=http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/the-book-of-azazel/oaa-pathworking-the-first-flame/]http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/the-book-of-azazel/oaa-pathworking-the-first-flame/[/url]

:slight_smile:

[quote=“TheWanderingFool”]Timothy, I was planning to start a study/discussion group for the OAA material. I wanted to check with you and E.A. first to find out if there was anything either of you would not want discussed. I had no plans to post exercises or initiations but rather along the lines of “So I did the exercises for the first flame and noticed these results.” or “I’m havin issues with the third exercise of the fifth flame any one have any solutions?”.

Would working the discussion like this be ok? I do not want to step on anyone’s toes, I respect the fact that this is copyrighted material and the intellectual property of E.A. The last thing I want it to do something that either of you would find disrespectful or over the line. Thanks for your time.[/quote]

Go ahead.

We created this forum as a resource for you to do study groups, which will make your learning easier.

You have permission to use snippets of the material for legitimate discussion, as long as you are not flat out revealing all the content.

In cases where you may need to refer to large amounts of writing, just cite the page, paragraph, and line number.

By all means, organize and lead a working group through the OAA flames.

i’m interesed. i’ve attained the first flame but i would like to accelerate through a good number in as short a time is reasonable. much of the OAA material seems familiar to me and i have completed a number of the exercises, but i’m always interested in sharing experiences and receiving constructive advice.

kind regards, james.

I’m in too.

count me in!!!