Norse mythology and magick

I am interested in anything you would want to talk about regarding norse. I recently found out that I am Scandinavian decent and know very little of the subject.

It is not necessary to have Scandinavian roots for practice with runes. I am using runes mostly for the divination and tried to contact the Norse deities. I am combining runes and work with Demons. The book of Thomas Karlsson “Uthark: NIghtside of Runes” could give you a first impression.

Thank you for the advice.
I know my roots are not necessary for this. I just didn’t have any idea that this was in my ancestry and realized that it might be something worth looking into. I have been practicing other ways for over 20 years. I am just curious about it. I realized that I don’t really know anything much about the culture. It might resonate well with me if I find out more.

Hello :wave: I just found out your thread i’m very happy to see someone interested in runes I’ve Started studying runes in February 2018 to February 2019 and it’s incredible and unbelievable all the possibilities you have with runes. I’ve always practice let say Middle East magic by that I mean Kabbalah for exemple but runic magic is very powerful. I hope to chat with you. Anyway take care and see you soon I hope

Also I forgot to mention the main source about Runes and Norse mythology: the Poetic Edda and Prose Edda. All modern investigations are derived from this source.

I’ve always practice let say Middle East magic by that I mean Kabbalah for exemple but runic magic is very powerful

I think it is very individual. For me, the Aesir were sufficient more harder to contact than Demons. But I had success with Hel (she is Jotun and Godess of death).

Be careful about how much you trust those sources. There are a few things in the Prose Edda that are later additions, like dark elves and high, just-as-high, and third, these are examples of fakelore that Snorri added in.

Goddess Hel yes totally it must be very impressive to work with her. I work with the Vanir Gods mostly with the Goddess Freyja and the rune Fehu who enter my life like a bull literally