Norse magic

Hey all my fellow BALG members! A few days I asked for a sign to get in touch with my roots and ancestry, last night I was watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D on netflix (great show i recommend it) and there was my sign on an episode, came to Norway, and Spain, my main genetic components lol. Anyways the episode was about a magic staff that was asgardian etc etc. Anyways this was my pointer, to start studying Norse mythology and magic. Who here has experience in Norse magic? Who/and are what some good entities to start communicating with?

3 Likes

Woo boy…okay, historically speaking you will not find much on the main variations of Norse magic. Seihdr and Galdr. The best way to start would be rune work. Odin is the father of the runes since he is the one who discovered them.

As for how to start. I would suggest Edred Thorsson’s works. He had multiple books but for serious study I would suggest the Nine Doors of Midgard. It’s a complete curriculum and even touches on runic work with your Godform, which he calls the “wode self”.

8 Likes

I don’t have any experience with it, but BALG has their Norse pathworking and Asbjorn’s work you could look into as well.

1 Like

The most famous Norse magic staff is also Odin’s.

Norse entities are Badass motherfuckers. Should you successfully evoke one, hold on to your asshole, because they ain’t cuddly. Odin in particular is goddamned terrifying and hellaciously unpredictable. He voluntarily hanged himself on the tree of life and chilled under a viper who dripped poison into his eyes for fucking years. He has no qualms putting anyone else through similar wringers. I mostly work with Freya; again, one bad bitch, and the mother of Seidr itself, and absolutely ruthless with cowards. Thor’s a bit more “human”, as are Baldr and Heimdall. Tyr’s also good.

2 Likes

These channels have alot of good info for exploring norse magick. :alien:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXbGN83VIZylahG3IjrTUpw

3 Likes

You are confusing Odin for Loki. Loki was bound to the rock by his children’s intestines, certainly not voluntary, while the snake drips venom on him. Though his wife Sigyn stands beside him collecting the venom in a bowl. It only hits his face when she goes to empty it.

2 Likes

I got that course by accident when it first came out so I got to look into it at without paying for it. It is super long winded and requires a lottt of equipment and he doesn’t really explain anything right either. Honestly would not recommend it. I have the soul travel course and that ones amazing

2 Likes

A lot of Loki and Odin stories are interchangeable. Some scholars and occultists hold them to be one and the same, pre-christianic retellings.

2 Likes

You are partly correct. However that particular story is not interchangeable. Many occultists may consider Loki to be Odin’s shadow, but some stories most certainly belong to one or the other.

3 Likes

thanks yall !!

Some. And I’ve thought about it and felt around spiritually but it doesn’t click for me. Perhaps someone of that mindset can elaborate on why they feel that way in a new thread so I can understand it one day.

1 Like

This has some interesting insights on odin and loki :alien:

1 Like

Thank you kindly friend.