No place to say "hello" in this forum

[quote=“Zoe, post:18, topic:51”]Hi, beautiful JillBlack! Was wonderin’ where you’ve been hiding yourself! It’s always a relief to hear back from someone, that I haven’t totally run 'em off!

Now then, a little further input regarding the Circle … You WILL reach a point when the circle is no longer necessary. EA’s statement “You are the only tool you need.” is 100%, unequivocably RIGHT. Having said that, I now return to the idea of protection.

Some of the more narly, aggressive Nonphysical entities will push you, frighten you, test your metal or otherwise bully you. If you are not solid -Grounded- in your Surety, your Utter Conviction YOU ARE SAFE and you are in charge of all that pertains to you … well, if nothing else they can sure do a number on your Esteem in the arena of Magick, chip away at your confidence & implant Doubts. You just simply don’t need that, so don’t put yourself in the position where they can challenge you, provoke you… I think you get the picture. Nice Circle; Pretty Circle. Its your temporary friend :slight_smile:

And YES, by all means, Full Speed Ahead & ALL LUCK TO YOU! :wink: Z[/quote]

Hi Zoe,

Just stopping by since my last post, i’m not only a struggling magician but struggling with a small business as well , so you know how it is. I’ve not yet learned how to swiftly navigate my way around this forum, so I end up staying forever reading few post and replying to even fewer still. I’m glad this was sent to my inbox or it would take me much longer to find it, so keep sending to me this way, so even if I dont reply at once, at least I will be sure to get it. Still haven’t gotten around to doing the Sastan bit but i hope to by the month end. Thanks for the update on the circle , comforting to know. Take care

Hi Ryan and Jillblack!

@Zoe…“Nice circle;Pretty Circle…” You crack me up ^^ But you have convinced me on the usefulness of circles for the time being…Hubris was allways my downfall.

Bit off topic but what about that media favourite issue of possession by demonic entities…This is on my list of questions to ask Eric. Does it actually ever really happen to anyone who is not volunteering to be the ‘horse’ of a spirit to temporarily take them over. Certainly the Catholic Church think so as the Roman rite of exorcism is still taught and occassionally used.

The short answer: I don’t know enough to answer that intelligently.

My view: I am of the understanding that the I AM of each individual is inviolate. BUT, in terms of the focalized, localized “human” area of Mind, its fairly obvious that any stronger entity (or entites) could indeed hold powerful sway over the thinking of said weaker individual. Sink in tendrils, influence, manipulate, etc.

Great debate-type question! Anybody else wanna chime in on this one?

Tell you what lemme start a thread on it…I wanna get opinions now…I think there are a few nameless fears people have about LHP work, such as being karmically shafted for harming others, and this is another i suspect…that if you get somethign wrong you could be undually manipulated if not taken over by a spirit…Lets get it out there!

I have fears of the left hand path, not of the karmic damage it can cause, but for the personal changes that may occur. Sure demonic possession is possible, although more likely is demonic influence. The real question about dealing with LHP is how dark of demons are we summoning? Are they powerful entities that existed outside the Judeo-christian paradigm? Are they purely evil beings, existing only to bring, hate, pain, suffering, destruction, brutality, and torture to the world? If they are that dark, why would I want any part of their influence in my life? Is ultimate power worth the life of the innocent?

Well ZACHD, to me it all goes back to Self-Will as the sole decider of Who I choose to be, How I choose to conductMyself and What I decide is worthy of Value & Importance. Nobody is going to convince me to go where I don’t want to go or do things I do not identify with. That’s part of having Godlike Power. You claim your freedom from forced alliances. You are beholden to no religion, no culture, no society other than what YOU CHOOSE to align yourself with. Study freely. Choose wisely. Remain true to your vison for Your Life. :wink: Z

@ Zach: I strongly suspect these entities are prechristian and simply powerful beings who have different likes dislikes and interests as do we.

I am interested as to whether they have been created in the collective consciousness by the power of peoples belief over the millenia or are pre human in a lovecraftian ‘great old ones’ sort of way. I dont know. I hope to ask them soon )

@Neophyte,

My suspicion is that we are all playing a game of name change. At least my latest conclusion is the term Angel, Demon, Spirit, God, Goddess are kind of interchangeable terms for the same types of powers. These powers have been revealing themselves throughout history and to various cultures around the world. Once revealed the people filter the power of the entities through their own cultural lens and describe the entity. If the entity likes the description then it adds those attributes to it’s own identity. At least that’s a good theory and I can now rest at night. lol

Hi! Im new to this forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I have narcolepsy and cataplexy that I have been diagnosed with this same time a year ago. But recently its become less of a “condition” or sleep disorder and more of an “awakening”. I’ve started taking advantage of the many things I’ve found I can do with sleep, like going into REM as soon as I fall asleep. Astral Projection seeing my sisters dreams manifest in front of me, and so many things.
But im only getting started. Ive just touched the surface I think.

Ive only really got into this a month ago as summer is the only time I could really “not take my meds” since I can stay home and not have to be out and about. and so

Im eager to learn but even more eager to hopefully be able to share and help you guys with things! :slight_smile:

Sounds like your making the best of your situation. Welcome

Welcome NarcolepticDream…Good to have you with us…Allways glad to have somone with a particular interest in Astral Travel and lucid dreaming too…

Welcome NorcolepticDream! :smiley: Lots of great people here. Pretty much everyone here is here to both share knowledge and learn from others :wink: