No place to say "hello" in this forum

Hey,

Just wanted to say hello.

I bought your book in the very same day it came out to light, and I read it in the first place. Now, my brain is still digesting it, so I’ll read it once again in some days.

Good luck with your books, and I expect we all will go the distance!

Hello, iadnon! :slight_smile:

Hi iadnon!

Hello iadnon, good day.

Hi

hello

Hi Hi

Hello iadnon

Hello Iadnon! Well, aren’t you as enthusiastic 'n restless as a puppy! Welcome to the Family, and YES we’re going the distance - in spades!

Howdy!!

Hello iadnon ! And Welcome!

Was searching for a place to say hello as well. Hi All.
I read where someone says that Demons hate circles and she is warning everyone who evoke them using any circle to beware. She said her organization members evoke them without circles and there’s no problem.( i dared and tried that but none came) Also does the “Void of Course Moon” situation apply to black magic, well, does it apply at all? what is your take on this? Thanks.

Greetings, Jillblack - The short answer is that SOME Daemons hate the Circle. Depends upon what they’re looking for when they respond … you DO realize they have their wants also, yes? And, of course, their personality. They are as diverse as we are, and a good deal more extensive in their knowledge, understanding and breadth of vision. Ergo, the Circle. (You’re not gonna like this, but oh well) Don’t just ‘put yourself out there’ so to speak. And please, girl, know the “nature of the beast” before you go yanking its chain!

As for the Phases of the Moon, there’s alot of history & tradition, therefore alot of Energy, around those principles. But they relate more to the effect of the moon upon the human psyche and not to the Daemons you evoke.

Hope you don’t think me unkind in my earlier harshness … but I’d much rather ‘yank a child’ back’ than watch them rush headlong into the street. Have a care for your safety, Childe. You are valuable! Z

Zoe,
Your comment brings up a question if I may?
Since these beings are much more powerful at this stage than any of the beginning magicians, I contend that they just laugh at the so called protective barrier put up by the person creating a circle. They can come into the area at any time they choose so that circle just might be a tool to function in the mind of the magician and not anything quite like the person thinks it is. I am feeling that circle is there only for the mental benefit of the magician and the spirit being is only playing along for theatrical benefit. What say ye?

Regards,
Maxx

An Excellent question, Maxx, and a valid point!

Again, I err on the side of Caution when dealing with Mages I don’t really know … perhaps my ‘take’ on this particular situiation is in error. (And if so, My apologies!!)

Our Mind is our most Powerful Tool, and indeed the ONLY Tool we ultimately need. But honoring traditions serves a valuable purpose insofar as putting the more troublesome little thoughts, (like doubt, say, often lurking on the sidelines),at ease.

I only speak from personal experience including Myself & folks I know. It took Me alotta years to develop that level of confidence deeply.

Hey, Maxx … thanx for ‘going there’. Z

[quote=“Zoe, post:13, topic:51”]Greetings, Jillblack - The short answer is that SOME Daemons hate the Circle. Depends upon what they’re looking for when they respond … you DO realize they have their wants also, yes? And, of course, their personality. They are as diverse as we are, and a good deal more extensive in their knowledge, understanding and breadth of vision. Ergo, the Circle. (You’re not gonna like this, but oh well) Don’t just ‘put yourself out there’ so to speak. And please, girl, know the “nature of the beast” before you go yanking its chain!

As for the Phases of the Moon, there’s alot of history & tradition, therefore alot of Energy, around those principles. But they relate more to the effect of the moon upon the human psyche and not to the Daemons you evoke.

Hope you don’t think me unkind in my earlier harshness … but I’d much rather ‘yank a child’ back’ than watch them rush headlong into the street. Have a care for your safety, Childe. You are valuable! Z[/quote]

Hi Zoe,

I dont view any part of your response as harsh at all. I’m a struggling magician who is totally self taught and i appreciate your advice. I was just about to do a ritual on the Void Moon phase but i’m hard pressed for time and privacy, so i really am glad to read your response. I did the “no circle” ritual twice and havent done it since. I just started working through “works of darkness”, and except for the “sigil magic”, i haven’t done any evocations but i’m feeling rather brave after doing the ritual with “MARTAL”, so, as soon as time and moreso, privacy, permit, I will be doing the ritual with "SASTAN, and then I will go “full speed ahead”. Good luck to me!!

Hi, beautiful JillBlack! Was wonderin’ where you’ve been hiding yourself! It’s always a relief to hear back from someone, that I haven’t totally run 'em off!

Now then, a little further input regarding the Circle … You WILL reach a point when the circle is no longer necessary. EA’s statement “You are the only tool you need.” is 100%, unequivocably RIGHT. Having said that, I now return to the idea of protection.

Some of the more narly, aggressive Nonphysical entities will push you, frighten you, test your metal or otherwise bully you. If you are not solid -Grounded- in your Surety, your Utter Conviction YOU ARE SAFE and you are in charge of all that pertains to you … well, if nothing else they can sure do a number on your Esteem in the arena of Magick, chip away at your confidence & implant Doubts. You just simply don’t need that, so don’t put yourself in the position where they can challenge you, provoke you… I think you get the picture. Nice Circle; Pretty Circle. Its your temporary friend :slight_smile:

And YES, by all means, Full Speed Ahead & ALL LUCK TO YOU! :wink: Z

Hey all, my name is Ryan (obviously).

It’s been interesting reading through some of these discussions in BALG and its great to see a community of magicians helping one another out (especially beginners like myself with zero experience).

Hey, Ryan … good to have you! Feel free … :wink: Z