Nice to meet you

Hello! You can call me Eight! I’m not necessarily a beginner, but I’ve gathered that I’m nowhere near as experienced as many here seem to be. I’ve done a little minor spell work and I’m very familiar with using a pendulum, with runes and tarot.

I haven’t yet worked with any demons, angels, gods or other entities so far. It isn’t that I’m not interested in doing so, but that I’m not sure who the right one(s) for me would be yet. I find myself drawn towards a handful of demonic entities, though I can’t be sure if there’s reason for that or if it’s the same type of psychology behind the way many take more interest in the villain of a story than they do the good guy. In any event, I’m keeping an open mind. That being said, I’m mostly here to learn and to find out if this is the path for me.

6 Likes

Welcome @eight

What exactly do you practice, and how long have you practiced it?

Do you have experience in any specific systems or traditions of magick?

1 Like

@DarkestKnight I don’t have a specific tradition that I currently practice. I’ve done some spells using candle magic, protection spells, money spells. I’ve only been practicing for about a year outside of divination, which I’ve had a bit more experience in. I’d like to find a tradition or a more specific path that fits well for me, but I’ve been doing things my own way thus far. I’ve had some good results with the little I’ve done, but I’d like to become more disciplined in my practice and find “my” path.

2 Likes

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience, and again, welcome to the BALG forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

@DarkestKnight Not a problem! I always find it difficult to tell others about myself. Especially when everyone is already seemingly following specific systems and I just come up with spells using correspondences for herbs, colors, crystals and things like that.

3 Likes

A word of advice because i was like you and sometimes i still am. The best way to determine if a god or entity is right for you is by working with them. Like demons seem to help me most with money and curses. But now im working with Nergal for my curses. Dont be afraid to jump around subjects and find what helps your magick. Welcome to the forum.

3 Likes

@Nimosdomus Thanks! I appreciate that advice and it seems like a pretty practical way to approach figuring out what is and isn’t right for me. Have you found that when you’re drawn to certain beings that you end up actually working well with them or is it hit and miss in your experience?

1 Like

Hit or miss for me. I love the greek pantheon ever since i was a kid. But when ive worked with them in the past it doesnt seem to work great. But that could just be me.

1 Like

Hello there Eight, welcome aboard :wave:t5:

1 Like

Makes sense. I’ve heard some say that being drawn to a being means that they either want to work with you and stuff like that, but I’ve never been sure I buy that. Not all people we’re initially drawn to turn out to be pleasant to be around, so I imagine the same could easily be true of demons, angels and anything in between.

1 Like