New Witch Drawn to White & Green Magic

Hello, I am completely new to witchcraft! I was born and raised as a charismatic evangelical Christian. I was taught about and encouraged to explore spirituality (in the confines of religion).

I’ve shunned spirituality along with religion for nearly two years, but recently, I’ve been reconnecting and reclaiming my spirituality with the influence and encouragement of my boyfriend.

He is an eclectic, unaffiliated Druid and spiritual shield and sword with a powerful presence. I am drawn to an eclectic green and white path as an empath who reveres all life and wants to bring healing to all.

What basics and resources would you point me to as a starting point? What are common pitfalls and misconceptions to avoid?

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, I could suggest you The Inner Temple of Witchcraft by Christopher Penzcak. Also check out the unofficial guide post on this forum, you can find it by using the magnifying glass.

2 Likes

Wanting to heal all to the point of destroying yourself in the process. Don’t forget to take care of yourself, because you can heal nobody if you lose all your energy. And this journey will lead you to a point where you must accept that not everyone can (or wants to be) healed, sadly.

Welcome to the forum.

5 Likes

Yes, so good and true! I’ve been reconciling with this and investing in myself first :heart:

3 Likes

Welcome @Zoe_Dunning

Do you have any practical experience in magick?

1 Like

Common pitfalls -

1. for me coming from similar background… forgetting how terrifying my journey would be for some of my friends and family and bothering to tell anyone I didn’t need to. Family members still steal tarot cards etc from me thinking they’re doing me favours… and fuck up my energy annointing my home etc :joy:

2. Assuming I knew what something or someone meant

3. believing someone knew better than me and trusting over my own intuition

4. replacing a religion with another one

5. closing my mind out of fear

3 Likes

Not much! I have recently been intentionally projecting my will, and I think I’ve already seen some results!

I did my first ritual for the full moon in Virgo in February. I took shrooms and did a ritual to release negative energy, possessions, and memories and to accept positive energy and healing.

2 Likes

Being new to practicing and wanting to be a light worker… there’s probably no better place to start than reiki.

2 Likes

ugh I can’t stand religious people who intentionally overstep boundaries bc they feel like you “need” it. I’d like to think my parents wouldn’t do this, buuuut

1 Like

I’ve heard that already too!

This is all such good advice, thank you.

1 Like

I just remind myself in their heads it’s bc they care and love me and remember how scared I felt when I was one of them

Bloody irritating tho

2 Likes

yeah, but there’s no excuse for disregarding boundaries!

1 Like

Well i personally agree

However they see it as a life and eternal death issue :rofl:

Makes it more understandable

Learned to hide some stuff from those who just don’t need to know

1 Like

Are you willing to work with angels or are you strictly no entities?

1 Like

I’m not sure at this point. I am very wary of the supernatural because of my upbringing. And I was plagued by dark spirits for a year when I was 13. That was my most spiritually-active and intense year of my life.

1 Like

Welcome :blush:

2 Likes

Well keep in mind if you try to heal someone that has an entity attached to them you might be in for another rough year if you’re unwilling to use angels etc for protection.

2 Likes

Idk. Depends what you believe. I’m loathed to say types of magick I practice are any more effective than anyone else’s…

1 Like

Hello there @Zoe_Dunning, welcome to the forum :wave:t5:

3 Likes