New Here and terrified of demons

Hi! I’m 19 and live in Washington, U.S… I’ve been practicing a couple of years and have recently begun to study chaos magick. I’ve never worked with demons before but I have always felt drawn to them. However, I am quite terrified of them! I had a bad experience with the "ouija board demon, ‘Zozo’ " but I’m a lot less gullible these days, I hope. Anyway, I’m looking to overcome my fear of spirits and establish some relationships!

6 Likes

Welcome to the BALG forum.

1 Like

Welcome, hopefully you’ll find what you’re looking for.

1 Like

Welcome to BALG! I work with a variety of beings and it does include demons at times. Sometimes people’s energies just dont align so well to a dark side and it instills fear. I used to be afraid of demons too. The thing is, with any race of beings, theres always good and bad ones, just like when encountering normal humans.

4 Likes

Pick up a copy of the book Demons of Magick by Gordon Winterfield, or The Magick of Angels and Demons by Henry Archer. Each one uses angels as the guiding hand for the demons so working within those systems can help you get over any fear until you can work with the demons on their own.

4 Likes

Thank you! I’ll definitely check that out!

1 Like

Fear of spirits, you’re becoming a living god.

God is a Family

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your time here and learn many new things!

1 Like

How was your experience with ouija board,were u successful in contacting Zozo demon?

Good. Fear is some of the healthiest respect you can have for these entities and arts. Use it as a motivator to study well and learn thoroughly.

3 Likes

Thank you, that is good advice :relaxed:

It was not my intention to contact the demon. In fact, I do not entirely believe it was Zozo in the first place, rather another entity impersonating it to scare a few kids. Either way, the experience was not pleasant

You should have played this human ouija board game​:joy::joy::joy:
https://youtu.be/ZEjsdOLpx8k

:joy: yea i’ll make sure to do that next time

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. I understand the feeling of both being drawn to and afraid of demons. I was as well. Best way to conquer that fear is to study well and dive into it. All spirits can be dangerous to some degree, whether we are talking angels, demons, gods, and others (much like people can be). There is nothing wrong with drawing boundaries when you are ready to begin working with them, just like with working with people.

3 Likes

Even Lucifer wanted to be like the Most High.

2 Likes

Welcome! Embracing the darker side of magick is very intimidating, seeing as I am still growing comfortable with it as well. However, it is very liberating!

3 Likes

You can come far without ever summoning them.