New GOM book on the Genius spirits & Angels of Omnipotence!

Perfect, thank you. I’m glad to know I’m not the only one having trouble with emotional transmutation :sweat_smile: I find it really difficult to produce feelings on command…, I’m not a machine and I just can’t do it! However, from what you’re telling me, it seems to mostly involve seal scanning, so for now, I’ll do without this book. I’ve noticed that I can achieve results, even if minimal, only when I use concrete methods that I enjoy. I just can’t make these overly simplistic approaches work; maybe I haven’t understood how they function, but I prefer more tangible magical approaches, less mechanical ones, like candle magic for example.

3 Likes

I’m nearly up to reading how you carry out the rituals, but I did take a quick look at the sigils and yes, my thought was they look very weird! Despite the fact I may not fully believe his claim of the Angels and spirits being servitors, I actually don’t really care, if the magick actually works. I dont think you always have to agree with everything an author says to find value in their approach. I don’t think you can really judge it if you haven’t given it at least a try.

6 Likes

I tried my best with Magickal Destiny, but I didn’t feel like there were tangible results. The same with his Success Magick book. I found it too long winded. I much prefer Corwin’'s one on Enochian magick and have had results. My favourite GOM authors are Gordon Winterfield first and then Adam B, with whose works I’ve had the most results, within the GOM system. Outside of it, I’ve had the most success with Theodore Rose’s Lucifer book, Corwin Hargrove and Henry Archer’s Angels and Demons book. Which kind of seems underrated to me?

Damon’s books don’t seem to work as well for me, no idea why…

3 Likes

I haven’t read the book yet but I shall probably purchase and give it a whirl. But honestly these days I’ve moved away from GoM in general. Not because they’re bad but because my gnosis and experience will always trump any author, however popular they may be.

3 Likes

There’s quite a lot of discussion on FB about the new book. I saw that Jareth Tempest said he disagrees with Adam’s claim that the angels/spirits are servitors.

7 Likes

Same, I’m not fussed about the various theories of what things actually are, I care about whether I get results from it

2 Likes

whats the facebook

It’s the Gallery of Magick Discussions and Experimentations group. Not the official group run by the GOM.

2 Likes

I got it, read it, and tried it today.

Very easy if you just follow the directions. Took like 5 minutes each.

I tried a few of the foundational workings with the AoO so time will tell. Haven’t tried the Genius workings yet. I felt A LOT energetically while doing them, but I did add in my attunements for Raziel and the AoO to pep it up a bit and established my authority differently.

Based on my intuition I feel like it works. He uses Raziel to establish contact. I guess that makes sense for most people. I didn’t leave anything out of the rituals when I did them, I just added In things I felt were helpful or needed. I fussed around a bit in my own chaos magick kind of way and added things I know from my own experience really increase the odds of success. It’s obvious to me that Blackthorn assumes his readership does not know how to establish magickal authority and the ritual seems designed to do that and offer built in protection from nonsense as well.

I don’t really care what the AoO are. They have always been sort of binary feeling to me … like the magick works completely or not at all. I kind of wondered if they were something like AI-like entities, they don’t feel like angels or demons which feel natural and kind of personal when I deal with them. The AoO always feel robotic and mechanical. Maybe that’s why people say they can cause so much disruption, they don’t have enough intelligence to understand some of our needs as humans or something. Yeah, speculation.

I don’t mind Blackthorne; his Sigil book was my introduction to magick and it worked perfectly for me every time. That too felt like a technology and not natural entities.

It’s worth looking at; I never would have matched up Omnipotence Angels with the Genius entities, but now that I’ve checked it out it does make some sense to me: both entities have a kind of mechanical feel to them.

Personally I don’t think they’re servitors, but I don’t think they’re angels or demons. It’s would be the height of hubris to think that we know everything there is as far as entities go so I’m happy to engage with them without certainty of their provenance.

I’m looking forward to hearing about y’alls experiences with his new material.

Oh one last thing: he leaves out Uiazel and replaces it with something called Talbusi. Anyone got any insight on why he did this this? I’m curious.

4 Likes

Good spotting, I remember seeing talbusi and thinking it unfamiliar

2 Likes

Yes, I also wondered why there is no Uiazel. Is Talbusi a different name for the same Angel or a different one entirely, anyone know?

I did the activation ritual and felt energy emanating from the sigil. Then did my first ritual and felt similar power from that sigil too. I did the AoA targeted ritual ‘Cultivation of open Communication.’ As you said, found it very easy to do.

Then I did a ritual for love and attraction with Sisera and Jazar - that felt quite similar to the Ritual 2 in Magickal Seduction (same spirits apart from Haniel). Don’t know if it was coincidence but last night had an extremely intense dream about my love interest- which became very sexual. I’m hoping this is a good sign, because it’s never happened before…

1 Like

It’s similar to the opening ritual for NAP - except you call on Arzel instead of Raziel. Another thing that slightly confused me is Adam’s description of Arzel as being an Enochian Angel. In Magickal Seduction, Damon describes Arzel as: “an easily contacted angelic aspect of Raziel.” So how can Arzel be Enochian unless Raziel is also? I didn’t think he was?

2 Likes

Mode note: Please keep this thread on topic and do not derail it with unsubstantiated opinions. This is a working thread. Any further nonsense will be immediately removed.

4 Likes

@DarkestKnight Thank you!

1 Like

@hexentanz You were previously warned about trying to shove your opinions down everyone’s throat when you kept jumping into every GOM thread and spewing your UPG. This is your final warning. Any further attempt to derail this thread will result in the suspension of your account. If you can’t grasp that other people can have very different experiences from yours, then this is not the community for you. Last chance.

6 Likes

Yep I was a little surprised to see that too. Also in 72 Angels of magick, brand references Arzell as either being an angel that facilitates contact with raziel, or is an aspect of raziel.

Oh well, there’s no rule that members of GOM all have to hold the same views and opinions.

Tbh my interest is whether I can get results from it rather than what category of variables the entities in question fall into.

I’ve decided on which objectives my first couple of rituals will be and will attempt them this weekend

4 Likes

From what I understand, Arzel is both an Enochian angel and an aspect of Raziel. Enochian names are generally derived from the Great Table of Earth and are found by reading the squares in a certain way so it could be possible for the name Arzel to actually refer to two separate beings, one an aspect of Raziel, and one an Enochian angel belonging to one of the Watchtowers. :thinking:

11 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. I didn’t realise Raziel or any angel could be both a Shem angel and have an aspect of being Enochian at the same time. I thought they were both quite different categories of angels. I haven’t worked as much with angels, so was unaware of this.

1 Like

On the official FB GOM page, Damon Brand has just responded to someone commenting on the claim of the AoA & Genius spirits being servitors. @DarkestKnight - is it OK to post a screenshot or copy and paste his comments? It’s an open page, not a private group.

1 Like

No screenshots, but you can quote him though as long as he is properly attributed.

2 Likes