Need tips for beginner

Hello, my name is Vizion. I was referred by a seasoned member, and am beginner looking for tips on where to start.

1 Like

Welcome @vizion Please tell us about yourself. This post doesn’t really met our introduction requirement.

Where are you from?

Do you have any practical experience at all, or are you completely starting from scratch?

What areas of magick are you interested in learning about? Before we can give any advice or direction, we need to know where you want to go.

What brings you here to BALG?

1 Like

Hello, DarkestKnight, I am from Tennessee. I have no prior experience in magick. I was shown BALG by my friend, redchadlizard. I would like to learn the basics of sigils, and candle magick.

1 Like

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience, and again, welcome to the BALG forum.

What kind of sigils are you referring to? Spare-style sigils, where you take a statement of intent and turn it into a glyph, or working with spirit seals (many people call them sigils, but I feel the term “seal” is more appropriate)?

1 Like

I’m interested in both, but mainly spare-style.

1 Like

I want to learn how to create a sigil, charge and manifest it, to start. And I also want to learn the law of attraction.

I shared some stuff about that here:

And here:

If you’re new to it, go for Wallace T Wattles first is my strong advice, and suspend disbelief long enough to really try his methods. All his books are out of copyright and can be found online, The Science Of Getting Rich teaches methods which can be used in other contexts, and The Science Of Being Great is also applicable to all sorts of things.

I put some suggestions here for generally finding where to start in the huge field of magick, and with all the different ideas and paradigms out there: Introduction - now what? - #4 by Lady_Eva

3 Likes