Need help with an idea for constructing an Earth Pentacle. GD style of course preferred, but all ideas welcome

So the idea is to get small crystals of each color needed in the Pentacle, and then a copper plate covering them and sealing inside pentacle round outside, for conductive properties to supercharge the crystals. I wanted it to be clear, but the design and the names and sigils need to go it as well for the Golden Dawn format,
Again, all ideas welcome. Im more interested on the supercharging of the crystals with the copper and enclosure. I would think glass for the enclosure, but it would need to separate the crystals in the enclosure, and slightly melted copper inside and connected to the enclosure fot the copper to melt into the arrangement and quantity of the crystals and the enclosure.
Then there is the question how to best charge it in and through nature?

1 Like

I like the way you’re thinking but I’d caution you on over thinking this and making it so outside of your skill set that it’s a project that turns into a good idea that doesn’t come to fruition. If I were you I’d find or fabricate a “serviceable” pentacle of earth. If you intend to make this yourself kudos to you but keep it simple. Also let’s worry about consecration when we’ve actually got something in hand to consecrate. Just my opinion.

Actually having a serviceable pentacle is far more valuable and useful than never having a really cool looking one.

3 Likes

I find that a slice of bread works just great as a pentacle, but I’m cheap.

Al.

5 Likes

Very true. Even if you take a look at the Medieval Talismans that have survived, many of them are crude.

3 Likes

Yes frankly speaking many are simple, crude instruments. But they worked…

2 Likes

That’s actually a great idea! Symbolically correct and would be appropriate. Awesome suggestion!

1 Like

@Nightside

This is a tibetan brass singing bowl. It’s used in banishing and invoking. I also use it as a pentacle as well because of the inside bowl design.

1 Like

You could try constructing a frame out of clear acrylic plastic sheet panels, and set them in resin, like an orgone crystal. The acrylic comes in different shapes.
download (4)

2 Likes

If your intent is to build an earth pentacle from the golden dawn system why not just use their formula to start and upgrade it as you go. If i remember right the basic one is generally made of wood or clay.

This is what i did with my altars for the currents i use. I started with the basics and as things improved i upgraded materials. The basic idea of your practice should pay for your practice will save you potential financial or material headaches.

3 Likes

Okay, so the idea of the minerals and the copper were a sexy look perhaps, but worthless in terms of usability other than it being as effective as a iece of bread, wood or clay. I do like the reply about being tool free. This brings us back closer to Egyptian and pre egyptian magic Im sure.

I would not call it worthless but as an tool that needs to be built up this would be one of those things that should pay for itself as it were. You could make a good energy conductor for the earth element out of carved quartz disc with copper and obsidian but a custom piece like that could easily run you several hundred dollars for something palm size let alone the size of the small plate dimensions ive seen for earth pentacles.

For example i have a supply ritual i posted here awhile back that used to acquire the pieces i needed for my altar with the path of smoke. Half of what i needed i ended up stumbling across or finding insane deals at hardware or hobby stores.

Things Didn’t get strange untill i went to get the urn and the graveyard dirt when a berserk lightning storm hit the city but not a single drop of rain. Came back to my apartment complex from said graveyard to find put a tree right by the entry gate got zapped down to a stump so i had my black earth for a large portion of my urn instead of a small amount mixed in :joy:

Also for anyone interested in said supply rite if i am remembering correctly i have it posted here somewhere under “supply drop”

1 Like

Nice @Dinmiatus. My next goal was a staff or long bone with drilled holed and minerals or gems corresponding to the 11 chakras in the holes in order as a staff for power and meditation, charged with serpent force (kundalini).

Wait a minute … GD can be made out of clay? The problem might just get solved. My issue was using metal, glass or wood for the pentacle, but synthesis and symbolism, @Uncle-Al had an impressive answer that joins with will.

1 Like

Yeah I agree Fuego.

1 Like

While the design definitely sounds interesting my first question would be what function does this staff serve for you practice.

I bring this question to the forefront specifically cause from my own experiences i can tell you that work in certain currents can lead to inspiration of manu projects, potentially more than one bargains for.

A personal example of this in my own case would be from my work with the Div Aigash. When working with this Div i ended up with so many potential projects that it would take years to explore to their full potential. The thing is at the time of inspiration and instruction by this Div the drive to test the waters is very strong but you can end up sidetracked from your ends and goals.
Magick is a means but rarely an end in and of itself. There has to be need to fan the fires as it were if your shooting for progressive results toward your goals and ends.

Kurtis wasn’t kidding when he said the text could generate enough work for a life time :joy:

1 Like

I am not certain on that one been awhile since i have read the text, it is THOROUGH but it can be a dry read depending on your inclinations.
But if your using their tools it may be a good idea to get a copy. You can find it pretty easily on amazon. I found my copy at half price books for $20

1 Like

Well, first of all, the tools are from the GD style of thought. In initiation rituals, different officers have different badges and tools, one of which is a staff that includes the chakras on it. So, expanding the Dragon Rouge idea on chakras, add the extra three or four. The gemstones would be individually charged , one by one per union with the chakra, after the staff itself is drilled and consecrated for use. An enchanted staff with charged and enchanted chakra stones.

Brother,

Harken to me. You want to establish some sort of arcane museum where practitioners come to view your stuff? ‘Drilled bones and crystals – ay?’ You could be getting dangerously close to becoming a Ceremonial Magician, with all the bells, smells, appropriate colours, and sundry paraphernalia at just the planetary day and particular hour. Why not go the whole hog and construct yourself a GD Lotus Wand? When I was young, I tried to! Wasted hours because it had to be hand made. Go for it!

Al.

2 Likes

If i am understanding you right you’re referring to the various grades of their system.

If so you will definitely want to read up on why these tools are used the way they are. I dunno about the staff offhand but for the various tools for the elemental grades for example there are specific rites each is used to charge them as tools for change outside of self and create change in the operator in long term alchemical operations through their use. The minimal timeframe ive seen recommended in each grade is 6 months with daily rites focused on each grade could take longer or shorter depending on the individual.

In terms of western ceremonial magick the golden dawn’s system and a few of the derivatives based off it i have come across are one of the few example of a right hand spiritual path for westerners. When i say rhp i don’t mean the religious implications but more the eastern sense of the spiritual and disciplines involved.

The Shaolin martial tradition for example also falls in this category. There is alot of repetition, self-discipline and a prescribed formula of training that manifests as specific results that if followed will yield a base line result. Individual effort and experimentation being where variance arises.

1 Like

Well thank you all … spoil my dream of playing Harry Potter and stuff … kicks pebbles

No, sincerely, thank you for your input and advice.