Need evocation help

Okay, this shall be extremely detailed…
I’m new to evocation for the most part, I’ve been reading e.a. and some other things for a few months, learning anything I can. I still have some questions, and althouggh it is claimed to be easy, I’m a pretty literal person, and I have some questions on what is needed of me. So here goes! (It should be noted I intend to evoke either astaroth, unless this is too advanced at first, or bathin asap, I have the sigil, and although I don’t have a ritual dagger, chalice, or proper alter, for financial reason, this will go in my black book) I do however, have candles, a improper alter, understanding of a percentage of black magic specifics, free time, the brain power to perform said tasks, a crazy intrigue, and almost an obsession with black magic, as well as experiences before my coming into the left hand path, that may be worth sharing! If you wish to hear, just shoot me a mpm

1. What meditations, specifics on breathing, position, thoughts etc should be used to achieve the brainwaves necessary for manifestation.

2. Do I need tools like this for spirits to hear me, and help me in my ascent without a specific pact or materialization in mind?

3. What tools will I need, and exactly how should I set up a ritual circle?

4. What will I need to do to begin the evocation? Specifics would be nice, if you have a source, could yu leave a pdf or something in the comments?

5. What should be some first-time goals? I’m interested in power, honestly? I could care less about money, sex, love any of it… money is necessary to some tools in ritual, yes, but its not my ultimate goal, at all… I purely desire raw power.

So with this being said, I tried an evocation before, and it I’m sure wasn’t correct, home- made censor, candles possibly not aligned correctly, no pre-evocation ritualistic meditation, nothing of the sort, took a long time to heat coal for the censor though! As I didn’t have lighter fluid ehh… I am of no specific religion or practicing means, so whatever is the easier, most successful, and financial success first hand unnecessary, would be great! I really just want to begin my dark ascention, so any advice would be helpful, I’ve worked with chakras in the past, and I guess I could’ve been considered a dark energy pagan, I’ve had a soul travel experience, but not e.a.s way, it was more of pulling my soul through my crown, and I got to looking at my head, heard almost alarm clock screeching, and tried screaming, couldn’t, and got pulled back into my body as waves of consciousness, felt major energy currects, and wave completely awestruck, it was crazy and my friends were worried shitless… any information needed to help, just comment asking, or pm me, id love to find a sort of teacher, and have been looking for someeone more adept and not bullshit in the practices around my area, but its unsuccessful, so I finally discovered this place! Thanks for any advice in advance!

use what you have.

an important foundation to magick is self-hypnotism. learn either autogenic training, self-hypnotism, or basic nlp patterns. you can buy books on kindle for very cheap on amazon that explain what you need to know about hypnosis. that type of trancework underpins a lot of modern magick you’ll do.

from there, building your psi will help you greatly.

finally, learning how to raise and circulate energy will be beneficial.

different magick trads have different details, there is no generality that will fit. you have to ask an adept and commit to doing ONE form for a few years to get the details of that way of doing things.

NO. ea’s course shows you how to evoke without any tools.

that depends on the ritual type you are going to do.

first off, work on your mindset and your belief system. put together a logical levels pyramid that describes the type of mage you want to be. a well-constructed logical levels pyramid and a statement of your core beliefs will get you focused on doing the right thing. that isn’t a magickal rite but it lays the groundwork for magick you will do so you don’t go dabbling in this that and the other but have a guiding framework for yourself.

that dabble life is real lol. i do the same thing to this day.

the way around that is PREPARATION and having a FORMAT for your magick.

i’ve given you a few ideas above. mindset and logical levels pyramid to define your magickal identity, setting proper outcomes to focus your work, learning a hypnotic framework to write your rituals empty-hand, and THEN using props to magnify the trancework. fine-tune your trancework with psi-development exercises and energy-circulation techniques which take time to master. that’s not complete by any means but it’ll get you started

that’s what i mean when i say dabbling. you were doing a little bit of this, a little bit of that, and a whole lot of nothing, tbh. i’ve done that too. i STILL do that. you need a structure to your work or you won’t make any serious progress unless by accident. and magickal accidents sometimes go against you rather than for you so yeah, give your magick a structure sooner rather than later.

if you want, pm me and i can talk you through some of the basic stuff such as logical levels and beliefs, and then setting outcomes you want to aim toward. the rest is up to you to do in practice.

I feel you are being too literal about it, and a mistake too many people make is they feel they need to over-study on the subject before doing their first evocation, while in reality after a certain point, the rest of the learning occurs through actual experience, reading wont help anymore if you don’t start to get some personal experience to back it up.

Evocation can be as easy or as hard as you make it. My own first successful evocation was the result of me absentmindedly sitting in my bed, on campus after classes and alone, closing my eyes trying to force my desire out into the universe and physically calling out to a specific entity. After a while I felt the energy around me, though I made the mistake of not requesting what I wanted of it. Later that night when I went to bed the spirit let me know in a scared me to death kind of way that it was still there, by literally feeling it walk on-top of my lying body and hold me down, would try to struggle up, and it would yank me back down. I believe it was irritated at the fact that I called on it for nothing, since I did not make a request. I finally got it off me and went on to do a banishing ritual (again, no tools, just me, my energy, voice, and visualization). I got it to leave, and learned my lesson to NEVER just randomly call on something and leave it sitting there without either outwardly expressing that it can leave, or requesting something of it.

Let me remind you, all of this was done without any fancy tools or setup, just me and my own power. While ritual objects does help to focus you on the task, in the end, YOU are the real source of the power, not the objects, and YOU can call something up without them as well. So dont stress about the ritual being perfectly set up, just let it flow, feel it, your subconscious/intuition will guide you towards doing the rituals correctly and effortlessly if you let it, and help you to create personalized ones as well.

Ironically the few times I tried to go all out and do a very intricate setup, the nervousness in wanting to get it all set up right would ruin the whole thing and I would not get any results, so I feel that for people like us, sometimes simpler is better. One method that I have been using to contact certain entities is the one that involves visualization, calling out, and observing a sigil until it gets charged. It is a simple method that seems to work quite well, even when contacting demonic entities and not your run of the mill spirit.

Although word of caution, demonic entities should not be your first couple of evocations, because they are strong and they tend to linger around afterwards for a while (so only contact when you feel more confident about your evocations). So start with something a bit simpler for now, for example the four elemental kings that E.A. has mentioned in his works would be good, especially the king of air who helps in developing your second sight to better see or sense the spirits. For those all you would need is an optional circle, the sigil, and maybe one candle if you want or at least some incense to give as an offering (by lighting it and letting it smoke), I myself sometimes offer chocolate and fruits instead of incense.

1 Like

i agree 100%. i did my first evocation within one month of reading ars goetia for the very first time and i got contact with purson. the only tools i had were a circle and triangle i taped onto the ground using black duct tape, a sigil on paper, a pack of frankincense incense i bought at the dollar store, and a chair. that’s IT.

i got into the trance state by doing a complete fast for three days (no food no water). i didn’t know it at the time, but the ability to go into trance was 99% of the evocation and the other stuff is stuff i could easily have done without. i spent YEARS trying to improve the implements part without realizing that working on my ability to get into trance was going to get me further. hence i lost a lot of important time.

because i was focused on the wrong things, i know there are many evocations that i did where i was actually successful but didn’t even realize it until it was too late. i still remember the first time i did a salvia divination ritual after reading pamphage and izabael’s ebook so you want to be a goetic shaman? (http://ilovemagicspells.com/So%20You%20Want%20to%20Be%20a%20Goetic%20Shaman.pdf). i inhaled salvia and then turned to myself and asked, is it working yet? and then i looked at myself and said i dont’ know, and then realized i was sitting beside myself, and then it hit me, there’s two of me! at that point i went back into my own body from the shock of the realization. if i had just gone ahead and conjured at that point i’m pretty sure i would have seen the spirit. so you do have to have enough self-awareness of what you are doing to realize that in fact you ARE doing the right thing, and TRUST yourself and trust what you are doing, and TRUST that in fact the spirits ARE there and ARE listening to you. if you do that you won’t let the moment pass like i have done so many times (and still do to this day, i admit).

by me telling you to work on your self-hypnosis, i am cutting YEARS off of your learning curve, believe me when i say that. don’t wander around dabbling when you can get down to work right away.

the other stuff i told you about (psi development and energy-raising) is stuff that will sharpen your trancework as you do it over time. you don’t have to have that perfected to do magick by any means - you can learn that as you go and grow into those abilities.

if you want to get started TODAY, learn trancework. it’ll get you the fastest result and give you a framework for doing effective spirit communication, even if you are not able to see/hear the spirits just yet you’ll still see results from your work.

there are kindle books on amazon that can teach you the basics of self-hypnotism in a week, and you can buy some of them for under a dollar so they won’t break your bank.

if you follow the ritual format in s.connolly’s book demonolatry goetia or something like the janu grimoires along with the ability to put yourself into full trance, you can be doing effective evocations by this time next weekend with nothing more than a sigil written on a piece of paper or a few candles and a burning bowl to burn requests written on paper.

that’s true to a point. the ease or complication depends on the ritual structure and understanding how the ritual lets you go into trance. if you don’t understand the transformation of consciousness magick is complicated. if you do it becomes way simpler.

that is 100% true. it all comes from YOU.

I think I will pm yu mr. The Fool, so you can help me get started, as of now I’m going to attempt an evocation and see where it gets me, I appreciate all the tips, ill allow myself to go freely into this so that I don’t get worked up, and I can feel it all the right wayohkay so before all this, I was studying kundalini, and the seven chakras, I believe I’ve opened my chakras, and I’ve spun them and worked with aura cleansing (although, a cleansing of light, not darkness) and I’ve had experience with energy and wat not, I consider myself decent at that, so would magik be available with a chakra opening kind of meditative trance or should I take it deeper? The deepest trance was one where I was near asleep, and forced my chakras out of my body, to astral project, in a different way than e.a. teaches, and I found myself slammed back into my body, with a loud obnoxious kind of chatter that my friend thinks was a spirit of some sort. When ones clairaudience isn’t opened to a full, is that high pitched noise kind of how it would sound for a spirit to try and talk to yu?

1 Like

Thanks the fool for the advice you mentioned on self hypnosis. I actually decided to download this ebook “How To Master Self-Hypnosis In A Weekend” through amazon, that comes with three free audio tapes (which can be accessed by anyone through [url=http://www.zonehypnosis.com/downloads,]Loading... it was cheap 5$ and perhaps it will help me get into a better trance like state for more intense evocations. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s all about the trance…

here I was doing a ton of preparation rituals and stuff
first! Ok… Wish I would of known this earlier…

1 Like

you don’t have to do a lot if what you do the right things.

1 Like

[quote=“darkestascent22, post:1, topic:3311”]Okay, this shall be extremely detailed…
I’m new to evocation for the most part, I’ve been reading e.a. and some other things for a few months, learning anything I can. I still have some questions, and althouggh it is claimed to be easy, I’m a pretty literal person, and I have some questions on what is needed of me. So here goes! (It should be noted I intend to evoke either astaroth, unless this is too advanced at first, or bathin asap, I have the sigil, and although I don’t have a ritual dagger, chalice, or proper alter, for financial reason, this will go in my black book) I do however, have candles, a improper alter, understanding of a percentage of black magic specifics, free time, the brain power to perform said tasks, a crazy intrigue, and almost an obsession with black magic, as well as experiences before my coming into the left hand path, that may be worth sharing! If you wish to hear, just shoot me a mpm

1. What meditations, specifics on breathing, position, thoughts etc should be used to achieve the brainwaves necessary for manifestation.

2. Do I need tools like this for spirits to hear me, and help me in my ascent without a specific pact or materialization in mind?

3. What tools will I need, and exactly how should I set up a ritual circle?

4. What will I need to do to begin the evocation? Specifics would be nice, if you have a source, could yu leave a pdf or something in the comments?

5. What should be some first-time goals? I’m interested in power, honestly? I could care less about money, sex, love any of it… money is necessary to some tools in ritual, yes, but its not my ultimate goal, at all… I purely desire raw power.

So with this being said, I tried an evocation before, and it I’m sure wasn’t correct, home- made censor, candles possibly not aligned correctly, no pre-evocation ritualistic meditation, nothing of the sort, took a long time to heat coal for the censor though! As I didn’t have lighter fluid ehh… I am of no specific religion or practicing means, so whatever is the easier, most successful, and financial success first hand unnecessary, would be great! I really just want to begin my dark ascention, so any advice would be helpful, I’ve worked with chakras in the past, and I guess I could’ve been considered a dark energy pagan, I’ve had a soul travel experience, but not e.a.s way, it was more of pulling my soul through my crown, and I got to looking at my head, heard almost alarm clock screeching, and tried screaming, couldn’t, and got pulled back into my body as waves of consciousness, felt major energy currects, and wave completely awestruck, it was crazy and my friends were worried shitless… any information needed to help, just comment asking, or pm me, id love to find a sort of teacher, and have been looking for someeone more adept and not bullshit in the practices around my area, but its unsuccessful, so I finally discovered this place! Thanks for any advice in advance![/quote]

Lets see If I may be of assistance:
I Find it easier AND SAFER if I evoke the being a few times first, let you get to know each other’s energies first.I remember I was fool enough to invoke Set without the “proper introductions” At first it took the top of my head off, then I became sexually ravenous, then he decided he liked video games, scotch and cigars and he became a guest in my head for a week. Much love to the great one, but after he left I felt…“tiny” and weak for days! go slow, you’ll be glad of it.

Tools are a MUST for the beginner, no so much for the adept and semi adept.You may find that the tools you THINK you need are useless and the tools you actually need you know NOTHING of such as a copper ankh or iron fire bowl.Or in Anubis’ case a bowl of water, a bowl of ashes and a bowl of salt.BUT if you’re determined and what else would you be? the local goodwill/Salvation army[ ROFLMGDO!!]outfitted me for about 15$ I got a discarded communion chalice, a brass fire bowl, an offering plate [My goddess likes water being a desert deity.] and all the candles in the colors she required for 25 cents each! and then I made an athame to her specs. If you like my advice, PM me.I wrote a “book” all about tools and the manufacture and care thereof.Not to brag, but a few years back I was the ONLY source on the internet for copper daggers and I sold them CHEAP! not for 600$ ALL mine were UNDER 100$ and MADE AS ORDERED in the necronomicon.

Meh, back to your questions. ask me stuff, I’ll have you going pro for under a hundred bucks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes