Necromantic Sorcery - better path(?)

I bought a reprint of this book. It’s mainly a heaping pile of “maybe a good idea, but there’s usually a better way”.

It suffers from edgy urges from over-emotional, under-experienced methodology and points of view, but there is a workable system here.

There are a couple of places where he suggests idiotic, dangerous, ridiculous things. I don’t want people falling for this nonsense and getting themselves hurt - mentally, emotionally, or physically, including their household. Someone has to try to give more appropriate methods so they don’t pull a Dante…er…end up with substantial…difficulties…that your choices caused…

I can’t promise safety or that you will have my experiences from adapting this book, but you won’t have the worst of his…

15 Likes

Let’s be clear - if you’re only concerned with amassing legions of the dead, go seek Dante’s path or the other edgy org where grave and lord and ing is in play. Go ahead and do your Conan-larping with the Dead. To be honest, the World is a vast place, but if I sense it at a graveyard, I assure you that it will be dealt with. While we have to be firm or authoritarian at times, honey means you get accepted and respected where you’ve never been. Real examples later.

The point of this is to present working methods for at least the first half of the book, the actual Necro-something. The term 'Necromancy" has been used like an old cartoon shotgun whose barrel ends up split into the 4 corners of the Earth. This book is mostly about working with the Dead in an overly-edgy, over-lyemotional way that over-values the darkest aspects, while not understanding what respect, and a little “service” can get you. Why? Because they don’t know the meaning of it.

So, let’s take a step back. Let’s go through what’s going on and, most importantly, avoid some of the nonsense that makes enough of the instructions book an accident waiting to happen. Instead, let’s make it another path towards working with the Dead and, two entities he believes are twin sides.

I have spoken with each, read the whole book (and am rereading). The second half is a bit of a wannabe-Voodoo grimoire where he claims you have to be initiated. I could feel the gaze and interest of the entities as I read (I have a tendency to reach out as I read), so we’ll see. I could skip most of the first half, but that doesn’t help anyone else.

Also, there will be several ways to do X or Y. I would ask that any input posts be limited to one or two smaller ones, without coordination. I do work full time and have a family and want to keep coordination of this thread. Coordination, especially for the second half. I want to try to make sure a cohesive path or similat is put forth. The larger point IS making this safer for other folks to use that aren’t already comfortable.

Finally (for this post), if you only want to work with Azrael, this book is not your best path. Kendall’s The Necromancer has prayers. I’m sure there are other seals to use. This book is largely other things. While I conversed with the serpent god after reading the first half, who came to me while mowing the lawn, most of this book is NOT (mostly) about Azrael.

7 Likes

At this point, you can safely skip to page 32. There is only one useful.thing before that and it is that he attempted.to evoke a dead family member, failed, but his ritual dagger was infused with Death energy, thereby becoming a relic. All the other methods in this book tell you to create these relics in the graveyard and it isn’t until the end of the relic section that he says it isn’t always necessary. He inadvertently said it at the beginning and at the end. This is true and I covered my experiences with this in my work through of The Necromancer. We’ll go over it here, too, but there are some points I need to make before that.

Some may not like this advice. Do it or don’t. If you don’t and follow some of the more foolish instructions in this book, then be prepared to potentially have the same health, mental, and emotional issues that came about or were exacerbated by this practice.

Find a Death deity or a Psychopomp and start cultivating a relationship. It doesn’t have to be worship or anything like that. I regularly worked with Hecate and Hel for a few years (still do) and over that time, I would.call on them or, eventually, open gates for them, to help move those dead that wanted to move on to someone that could help them - Hecate, Hel, or their agents. When I lived in Hawaii and saw those places where some wanted to move on, I did so. A simple act to honor those I work with.that I could do silently and without tools. I did it for years and when I recently went to Philadelphia, I was greeted by some of the dead and allowed to take a stone without the need for payment. I also left an energetic anchor and more on that soon.

There are plenty of half-larp texts out there that tell you that you must fight or you won’t get their help. When those that fear, bit still evoke the Goetics expecting fearsome, demonic animalistic behavior, what do they typically get?

I’m not saying you need to cultivate false relationships or bow down to them. But there’s a Death or Psychopomp that can meet most personalities and help you with your path in general. Hel, Hecate, Persephone, Hades, Murmur, Bune/Bime, etc… Most of my offerings were singing songs to them on my commute (helped us both), before I started moving people on.

Some context… Dante seems to think he has to fight and force the dead (because he has no reputation with them) and then seems to think that after disrespecting.the dead and remains at every documented step, that SOMEHOW permanent, perfect possession with random dead entities he’s pissed off is a good idea.

Don’t pull a Dante. If you’re considering his approach to cultivate Death energy, then cultivating a Death entity or Psychopomp is even more important. Get the benefit through partial possession without the same risk. Deterioration isn’t a badge of honor.

8 Likes

At this point, I kinda need to show how I’m setting this up. I am bringing the graveyard home using several methods. Later in the text, he decided to make a magical staff and destroy a tree limb in a graveyard to do so he could feel like Gandalf as he did his thing.

I have a small offshoot on an American Holly that I will be trimming and will be turning this into a wand. A staff will rot in my corner. My wands end up on the bookshelves I use as an altar. So, I won’t be doing a Gandalf, but will make the wand.

In support of this, I have brought the graveyard home. I marked off a roughly 4 x 4 are a, including the tree, that doesn’t get a lot of foot traffic. Due to the relationships I have with the local Fae and elementals, this area will not be messed with (to bring Life to balance the Death) for this work through. Just in case I pass beforehand, I don’t want this ground causing problems for the neighbors or inhabitants, because I’m not cleaning things up.

To do this, I called on Hel as the primary and designated that area for the dead and their energies. I asked her to consecrate it as such. If I wasn’t working through this book, I would either evoke a Death entity an item (altar, crystal, etc…) or open a gate to draw directly. Options help.

I poured a shot of rum into the four corners of the space to designate for me (and them) the area boundaries. I asked Hel to let the dead know this was set aside for Death and the Dead (mainly as an entry point or nexus). I poured a shot in the center for the dead as a welcome. I then invited her in to taste a shot (I have done similar things with alcohol, food, and teas for years).

I then let the area be for a bit to soak these things up. I don’t plan on using the soil, but use it as a gateway to that energy. If I can’t show that I’m using the “workaround”, why should I expect anyone else to use it?

Now, some details that should be considered.
Those spirits I work with largely have free run of my space, provided they don’t disturb my family or pets. Given a prompt in another thread recently, this was changed to “negatively disturb”. Over the past week and a half, ALL of the cats are excessively vocal, instead of the single cat. They don’t show signs of distress and most entities avoid my house.

I’ve noticed that rather than finding one or two entities, usually “passing through” a week, I can have several in my yard…contemplating whatever…

Good signs that this is a space that they will come to and that opening in this way is having the desired effects.

This CAN be augmented and if you have cultivated a respectful relationship, this becomes easier. I have three stones on my altarspace. Two from old graveyards in Philadelphia and one from a graveyard near where 23000 people died in the American Civil War. I am willing to show 2, but not the third, as this was from a small family gravesite. The other two, I already have, in another thread.

Graveyard soil is considered valuable because it is believed to contain the Death essence from decomposition, (understandable) emotional outbursts from mourning, and, the essence of those remaining there as they wander and come to grips (or not) with their fates. I have purchased graveyard dirt and made my own using Death entities and, decomposing fish. The key essence was Death. I’ll take a rotting fish over a handful of graveyard dirt any day of the week.

Now, there ARE calls for dirt from a specific grave to be able to call a specific spirit. This only matters, significantly, if your evocation skills are weak. Well, assuming you haven’t pissed the graveyard/dead off…

Back to the task. We stopped at “relics”, which is a way to say a specific item has been set aside or designated towards a certain “power” or “purpose”. Not the same as cleansing some item through smoke/water and only using it for ritual.

What’s the difference? The dedication and energy put into it and/or sent to it, to include purpose.

Here is a relic that was dedicated to The Necromancer.

Notice how I said dedicated. It’s largely useless outside.of the narrow current. Why? Because in the creation process, a SPECIFIC entity was called specific to that current. Now, authors LOVE to say you can use this for X, Y, Z. I can’t use existing relic dedicated to X. Having spoken with the Snake spirit, those are NOT the same currents or paths.

So, having experienced that and learning from it, I do NOT suggest mixing relics from currents. Which get QUITE expensive with the bone and whatever requirements. Skull for X, skull for Y. I used a purchased magpie skull (harvested ethically). Since this skull was dedicated, I have sent out to the Universe for this one.

Point is, there are alternatives to being the edgy asshat, with benefits later (not discussed yet. Guess this is getting long. SO much to say and share…

9 Likes

People are already reading and I hit Send…from the device without the pictures. Uh…holy Hel, the pictures aren’t there.

The designated space

The wand candidates

My skull relic from The Necromancer

I have a deer skull for Hel and the poor deer I found on Molokai. These, and the artifacts (rocks, wood, similar), can act as gateways to access those places.

Start with basic energy work and, broken record, work with an entity to solidify it towards that cause.

10 Likes

Next is tackling the Death, Burial, and Resurrection theme.

Frankly, this theme is only really valuable to those that haven’t moved on from their initial JCI programming, which I was also indoctrinated with. It’s an Emotional thing, since dedication happens before actual consent can, in many cases. Despite the edgy nonsense, ANY significant spirit can wipe it, as a child cannot make a serious agreement.

Frankly I HAVE died and comeback, knowingly, several times. I also had a similar experience in Iraq. The whole Living-Death-Revival-Hallalujah thing doesn’t work for me for equipment. If you want to OWN a thing, shove all the energy out of it and claim it on the way. No need for edgy pretend rituals where you bury your mom’s bench or shelf in a graveyard for such a small amount of time it’s laughable. Think about it…we’re going to a place where people have (largely) been buried for…a couple of hundred years…and some number divided by 3/6/9/12/fuckIt is supposed to captured it?

Probably sounds great to someone that doesn’t have energetic skills. If you can’t waste a decade genuinely charging something, then a Death or Psychopomp entity, is key for concentrated amounts of the current in an efficient amount of time.

You don’t have to take me word for it, of course. You waste as much energy, time, and emotion as you feel are needed to achieve your goals. Your path is yours.

Which brings us to an important point, with regards to working with the dead. This book, and other books I consider much more larp, thinks that every dead entity LONGS to be alive like us. It actually speaks towards the author and their intent. There are various dogmatic “truths” to how long this or that. Experience, honest, varied experience, is a better indicator until one is adopted based on experience and not “lore”. Some of these fantasy authors thing it’s EVERY entity’s dream. Clearly, they don’t have the experience to distinguish between the types of “dead” they encounter. But their insecurity says they must CONQUER! Ridiculous.

Let me explain with a personal note from 2021-2022. I knew this house was inhabited back when we viewed it and put a bid in. I saw a previous owner downstairs, washing some paint brushes he’d used to beautify the place. The work I had already done for Hecate and Hel meant I understood he just wanted to keep doing projects downstairs, in his own little space. I was polite, we worked out a deal, and 9 months later, he has moved on (with my acceptance he return, and he did to thank me). Honey for the non-violent.

Back to the book…and the obvious…

Having worked with and for the Dead and their deities, it’s obvious that dedicating a physical part ONLY to them isn’t needed. I’d worked with them for a few years with genuine practice before A BOOK said it was necessary. I worked through that book and will with this one without having to make a Death altar. Why? Because it’s something I carry within myself.

While I have subjugated a willing spirit for the next part of the book, I’m looking to go to the National Cemetery in Annapolis to find a willing spirit. I’ve called back animal from cooked bones, living humans from names or situations, and random spirits that regularly wander on my land, in this part of the East Coast. I have a willing volunteer, but that doesn’t let me validate the involuntary means done in this book.

Truth is, I could look at the lists of the dead from the graveyards I’ve been to and find a “hit”, do it remotely. I have before, but that doesn’t validate the methods in the book, does it?

I have done more service to the dead, on more continents, in a more genuine way (including Covid lockdowns), none of which this author understands.

Let me be clear - BALG would not have published this book, if it had be written in a stable hand, with stable practices, and genuine alternatives that weren’t known. Well, all I can say is that no one else has tried to fix this mess. A measure of caution should be employed, as I have the second printing and the original was 8 years ago. Consider that, with a topic that can eat you alive within and without.

It’s time to end this post. Take what’s useful/interesting from each bit. Write it down for some other day.

9 Likes

Should get to the cemetery this week, depending on how the wife’s surgery goes mid-week.

Page 36 has one of the most egregious moments of edgy for edgy’s sake. “Kundalini Divination”. He’s talking out his ass here. Why? Because Kundalini is energetic, not directly related, say, to the physical components of the spine. Or people with scoliosis (and similar) couldn’t properly access it, right? I have a slight lateral twist in my spine and it has never stopped me…because it’s an energetic phenomenon.

But not to Dante. He doesn’t understand what he’s talking about and insists that because the kundalini is housed in each vertebrae, it must still be there after physical death. I guess the energetic baggage limit was hit and it got left behind on that flight. Not only that, but a magical reversal of the energy happens and somehow the chakras spin couter clockwise, but he’s still talking about the spine, so… This is to impress the reader with a load of horseshit and buff up his magical street cred. After giving us these…wisdom bombshells…he largely drops the kundalini part and pretends to know how to read bone castings. There’s some “Dead Serpent” that will help you, but we’ve not been introduced yet.

Oh and Saturnian Necromancy is his buzzword for necromancy and anything associated with it. If it helps you, then use it. It doesn’t mean anything other than a grab bag for the methods in this book.

On page 37, he goes over different organs and it’s obvious that he’s just listing it like a correspondence table. No personal context given. Don’t eat brains, btw, unless you’re certain the person didn’t have cognitive disorders (early symptoms are usually missed). This includes monkeys, in case you’re looking to substitute.

The lame story on pages 38-42 can be skipped. He pretends that there’s hidden wisdom in it, but it’s obvious to anyone not drunk or high at the time. Now, the real irony is that Dante didn’t understand his own story and fell for the same thing over time, which is why he ended up having so many issues. You know what? That might be a reason to read the story, get a good chuckle.

Pages 43, 44 got over fetish marks. Not a bad list. He isn’t an energetic worker, so he can’t use the spiritual signature as a fetish. In case I forget, to do this, one would evoke the person into a triangle and cast against that signature. If you don’t want to keep the triangle (and evocation) open, then create an energetic link between the signature and the poppet or similar. You can use this to cast against unknown people by asking a trusted God/dess for the signature and then evoke that signature.

7 Likes

I got tired of waiting. I did a slight shortcut, based in previous work.

We stopped on page 46, “The Dead Who Haunt Us”, but the title seems silly to me, since.they have to work hard.to.disturb me, but they’re just an evocation away from potential servitude. Not how I roll, typically, but you know.

I got the nudge from Hel to continue, since, due to family medical stuff, I likely wouldn’t make it to the graveyard until Saturday. What was wrong with my link to this other graveyard, she implied. Fair enough.

I have physical and energetic links to several graveyards. You can think of them as a combination of a servitor of my energy laid there and a binding ritual, where, instead of uniting two lovers, I create an energetic link to the graveyard. Set the intent that you power this link and that you will activate it as needed, so you don’t get flooded or interrupted by it in case there’s a funeral near it or similar. Here, I’ve used it to access the place AND the energies, as it is one of the graveyards fueling my “dead” area with Death energies.

I used Findagrave.com and selected my location. Then, I simply hit “search” and was pleasantly surprised that a name, of any sort, wasn’t required. It came back with a list. We should address something…

There are some paradigms that believe souls only last so long without joining doing something else to move on. Having seen spirits in 6,000 year old burial grounds that hadn’t seen a fresh grave in a thousand years, I don’t subscribe to this. I’m not going to say all of those spirits were cognizant and not just replays (most were replays, looking back), but similar Current Era, interactions happened in Hawaii that were hundreds of years old. Some were still cognizant. This happened again tonight. So, let your practices guide your beliefs here and not blanket teachings. Well, you do you. Imma do me.

Back to it. I got Hel’s nudge again when I came to a name. I started.reaching put and realized the spirit was still there, waiting for…whatever… I felt like that’s simply what he felt “Death” was. Kind of puzzling, but all right. This was my spirit. Dante said the birthdate and name was to be used as a sigil. The death date was just as good. In truth, just like with living targets, it’s the combination that allows you to zero in on their specific energies.

In the book, this is done at the gravesite. This particular cemetery has cameras and motion detectors, so the typical mood-setting midnight run wasn’t going to cut it. And in case I haven’t beaten it to death, don’t leave unattended burning candles. Ridiculously stupid.

The candles are supposed to automagically let the one spirit find a way back to you, but he seems to think all the other spirits are idiots. Or somehow tricked into paying attention to the flour and alcohol offerings, since everyone becomes a lush and craves raw dough when they die. If the flour had been used for something productive, it would be different. In other words, these are typical offerings - and largely not needed, if you have a working relationships with a Death entity. If that isn’t your thing, I guess it’s raw dough in the morning dew.

This is, essentially, just another evocation. You have your sigil/symbol. You’re opening it and calling the spirit forth.

I didn’t use the mantra when I called. I used intent and gentle calling, no force. The purpose of using a large graveyard is the better chance of finding a willing one. A willing one makes the job a lot easier. In this case, I had used my intuition as I scrolled down the names, confirming the hit with Hel. Later on, I did get a confirmation from the spirit that the mantra did work, but it needed repetition and I could tell that, since I wasn’t adding my driving desire/need to it, that it along is not enough, if the spirit resists.

Sorry, back to the process. We had the name and energized the remote link. Let me switch to my notes here.

I re-energized the link between the cemetery and myself and the link between the cemetery and my dead space. I made it glow like a beacon. Having connected to it, them to him, talking to.him to follow my voice through the link. I already had an energetic connection and could’ve forced it, but why?

He came quickly and this was likely due to the connections. In my calling of him, I forgot to use the mantra.

I invited him into my space, gave him the rules, and lit some incense for him. I told him he hadn’t been forced because I needed him for only a short while. I then said, with Hecate and Hel present, that I would likely free him when done with the book. I couldn’t promise it, as I would enslave him if he caused harm to my family. I stated I didn’t think that would be an issue and then agreed to release him if that didn’t happen. I lanced my finger and place thick drops of blood on Hecate’s statue and Hel’s skull as a binding of that.

I also promised to not desecrate the graves of him or his relatives (easy promise) and offered to curse the hell out of anyone that did, if given the signatures from Hel or Hecate.

This was where I realized I’d forgotten the mantra.

6 Likes

The exorcism on page 48 shouldn’t be needed, if you use some sense.

Page 49 is where you practice evoking your spirit. That’s all it is. He can’t quite feel the signature or he’d do it from a ritual space. If you need the proximity, the use it. If you need the practice, then do it. I’m going to skip the 14 day practice, since I remotely did just fine.

I rarely use manifestation bases. Why? Because they largely aren’t necessary for most work. Can they be helpful? Sure, but when I first started, I would typically use a triangle to limit my focus and send energy into it while evoking to use as a base, with or without cone incense. I still thought full manifestation was necessary at that point. Then, as I matured in evocation, I simply energized the area and let them come wherever they wished to. Then, I stopped doing both. They weren’t needed.

On page 50, “Bending Shadows”, Dante suggests using Shadows as a base. See above. It’s.still.just evocation practice with your spirit.

Knowing this, my spirit and I jumped to page 51, " Feeding Your Servitor". He’s also called this spirit a “familiar”, so best to ignore these wording attempts. He does give some tips here, but the spirit only needs to know the target. I usually tell mine to come back in a specific number of days.

A note of caution - he also suggests you can have the entity bring some of the energy back to you. If you aren’t versed in energy work, like he clearly isn’t, then don’t do this. It’s dirty. He thinks it’s cleaned by the spirit by default and is just the first pitfall where he doesn’t know how something works, guesses, and it can cause negative effects. Store it in a crystal or even just a rock from the driveway, pull it out, purify it, THEN consider it.

These problems will begin to compound as we go forward.

6 Likes

We start off today with a half-ritual. Page 52 has “Possessing Dream States” as the next “ritual”. In this, we’re to carve our victim’s name into a purple candle and call out to the dead. Dress the candle with the poisonous herbs, fill the candle with the intent of entering someone’s dreams, and…then it cuts off toward fantasizing about what to do once there.

Uh…then it talks about how you CAN enter the mind of another and then goes back into dream stuff.

Then, when finished, return to your body. And cut the cord that you somehow made.

There you go!

This feels like a ritual that got started and got lost in the shuffle. Clearly, none of the editors or helpful friends caught it.

There’s never anything said at all about why I’m calling the dead so that I, myself, can enter someone’s dream. I don’t need their permission, but why would the general dead know more about entering dreams? Is that some sort of sport they engage in? I might be interested in tickets to that championship.

But the last half makes it seem like it’s a projection of sorts, either mental or astral (full).

The emphasis on cutting the link is what bugged me, though. I have a radar of sorts for predation. Moving on.

In my searches for nearby graveyards, I noticed one near my house, about 15 minutes away. A church has bought the land around it. It’s not “public”.

I decided to stop at a liquor store (can’t buy it elsewhere here, outside of restaurants). Walking put to the car with my bottle of wine, I realized I was a few minutes from it and couldn’t resist the urge to do a drive by. Which turned into a pull into the church parking lot. Markers were around the other side.

I drove around the building to find the main lot and then, a smaller, older side lot. There was a fresh grave being prepared in the grassy main lot, but the obviously older lot, once a family plot, was covered by trees and bushes in places, witj a subdivision right behind it (so jealous).

I saw a spirit, a very old man with a hat waiving at me. The names had been erased by time on these graves. I could feel some other eyes on me. I opened a portal to send them to Hecate, if they chose to go. He was still waiving. I strengthened the portal and gave it enough energy to last a while, thinking he wanted to think it over. I returned my attention to the parking lot.

He continued to waive and drew closer. He wanted to help. To be honest, he’s an onery old curr that delights in mischief and, from the way he told it back here, he’s been messing with people since he passed and that’s just what he wants to do.

Very well, you old cuss. I’ve got some work planned for you.

It was a crappy day at work. I bypassed the closest liquor store to go to another. This led me to a graveyard I didn’t plan on visiting. Which landed me an old crochety troublemaker to work with…

Who’s already been dispatched…

6 Likes

(I pre-uploaded my images and editing in this things is a shitty mess having done so. Don’t make that mistake. Of course, it used to be easier before they made some of these “improvements”, which also removed autocorrect. Platform developers are lazy bastards. And if this is a feature turned off on the server level, still lazy. At least make the notifications opt-out.)

Ah, page 53 - Serpent’s Blood: The Elixir of Death’s Manifestation.

Maybe it’s useful. I’m not big on elixir’s to raise the energy of the environment. I think they should only be viewed as a (temporary) crutch. Here’s why.

If you work with an entity long enough or in-depth enough and aren’t just some sort of mouthpiece or tool, you can request a gate/portal to access this type of energy, usually consisting of a sigil or seal, eliminating the shortcut, when explained). I KNOW it’s not popular with those in sales or adjacent, as it means you need fewer materials, can do it without many props at all, and can/should be a cleaner source than something you make from, say, an old bottle that held spaghetti sauce.

Having said that, THIS is my jar. No sense in wasting money when you can recycle. Did I mention I don’t like most mass-produced spaghetti sauces? Half-poison…

Now, this IS going to piss some people off. I had a choice to make, according to this recipe which reeks of edgy-just-because. I could buy/harbor a venomous snake in my household, which is not equipped to properly protect myself, my wife (who’s laid up on the couch with a replace and reversed shoulder), my son (sick in bed), or my cats - OR - I could do what I would have to do anyhow and remove some venomous spiders from an active worksite.

It wasn’t an easy choice and I willingly let spiders reproduce in my woodpiles, nooks, and crannies. I don’t mind. Fear and respect. But there are a few areas where I WILL have to remove them to replace those areas with the pieces of wood I chopped and have to go back in.

To those concerned (including myself), I lanced a finger and put over three thick drops on the webs, while reaching out to Arachne, as I had from the beginning.

(Frankly, I wanted to sacrifice some of the squirrels eating my siding, but we’re not there yet with the household).

Since Bat’s Blood is bullshit in the modern era, I used a recipe for the ink, leaving out those things needed for ink.

First, the mandrake

I had some powdered Cinnamon, so I added to the small amount of rum at the bottom (to prevent the dry ingredients from sticking to the bottom).

Then the Myhhr and Dragon’s Blood resin. Mix as desired. Removed with a nitrile glove. I don’t believe in harming myself for concoctions. Or for enemies, lancing aside.

Add them together, add more rum, to the ~80% level.

Give it some good shakes. You’re supposed to set it under Azazel’s sigil and wrap it in red cloth. Because red dye on whatever material is somehow special.

I decided the liquid was colorblind and put it under a thick curtain the previous owners left in the house. It’s the same green curtain I use on my ritual table. I humor the 9 day brewing process.

There was a similar process in The Necronomicon. A Death elixir.or whatever it was called. I refused to kill a snake there, too.

As a side note, it’s no secret I’m working with Lovecraftian entities. I have not worked with Yig, but there’s little reason to kill non-threatening serpents.

So, my last bout with an elixir didn’t help. They seem to be crutches for more ceremonial-minded people that have trouble attuning. But, I will let this one brew under Azazel’s “sigil” for 9 days.

Which reminds me…

8 Likes

Ah, forgot the most immature, High School bullshit in the book was next…

“Seeking the Truth”. He paints a pretty (trailer park) picture until the very end where he has to admit it won’t work against someone with backbone.

This is essentially the dead version of the middle school “I like you. Do you like me? Circle Yes or No” horseshit. I mean, for an advanced or supposed “Master” magician to resort to something this petty. Well, he thought he was a master at the beginning of the book… Don’t be fooled by alphabet soup qualifications, especially in magic…

Moving on… This master of magic now has to hope his generic dead minions can overcome the defenses of some other petty person he can’t afford to get drunk to get them talking. Or use divination.

Look, this is middle school stupid, but he devotes a few pages of it for…his percieved audience. Skip this dumbshit and be an adult about it. If you’re close enough to watch their aura, you’re close enough to use intuition or…I don’t know…interract with them. Dumbassery.

4 Likes

Short blurb, since the next patch is the “Order of the 13th Judgement”. This section reeks of “I am special” as much as EA’s mysterious Kingdoms of Flame" origin. Shady as hell, suspect, and likely worthless.

That doesn’t make the material useless. Just suspect to potential fantasy.

But I can say this with certainty - these “titles” you get when you move through the material are worth less than Reddit Flair on your profile. A step or two can be skipped. I promise.

The first issue for this secretive order is that had been doing it for SO long, yet they needed an unskilled, young pup that clealry doesn’t have exceptional skills to show them the way? They were all about a ho-hum initiation ritual, but not the actual work?

Something seriously stinks here and it isn’t the jar I just hid for 9 days.

I think I need that pretend-ferment elixir next.

5 Likes

Ah, the things we do…because the spirits decide a different timing is better…

Papa Legba came tonight and I could feel him from the start. We have met. Normally, I work things for other people at the Lwa’s request (several). He did say that I should not just move to the second half, but that there are things that need done. It won’t affect the work through that I’m aware of, even those I’ve worked with and will do so again.

I’m just trying to highlight that once you start getting called on for help, regardless of pantheon, it spreads, just like genuinely helping the dead in Hawaii led to a reputation here.

You can say no, but consider that you likely have something to gain, Don’t be afraid to ask what that is and say it is/isn’t enough. Negotiate a bit. But especially, try the spirit(s) out before doing it, if another trusted spirit isn’t presenting them or giving them an obvious “in”.

I started working (for others) for Legba, Samedi, and Brigitte a few years ago, for example.

This tome will introduce you to different spirits. I don’t trust some from my reading, you shouldn’t either, if you don’t know them. Cultivate a spirit (again, a Death entity would be helpful), to help determine this.

5 Likes

I forgot to mention that this is the sigil from the book itself, not mine.

3 Likes

That sigil for Azazel looks very much like the traditional angelic “signatures” used for the archangels in ceremonial magick. Here is Michael’s, for example:

Sealof Michael

3 Likes

Interesting. I’m assuming he channeled this one. I don’t think he ever says where he got it from.

3 Likes

You know I’m getting the vibe you’re not really liking this book ( for obvious reasons).

2 Likes

I’m frankly glad to see someone respected on the forum give a real evaluation and breakdown of this.

I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. I never jumped on the E.A bandwagon, call me old fashioned but I really never resonated with most of his work that I’ve seen. I’m not calling him a charlatan or a fraud I’m just saying, “I don’t get down like that”

4 Likes

Neither have I. When I asked a few of the cherry-picked “gate-keepers” , they said it wasn’t for me. That was…3-4 or more years ago.

2 Likes