Necromancers

You know nothing about me. I’m a noob when it comes to working for spirits but there are those who do there dirty work for themselfs, if you are dependet on the spirits for doing your work then you are the noob who needs to be helped by the dead.

Yeah, exactly. You shouldn’t be working with the dead as starter spirits, minus ancestors.
Don’t assume shit about me. I don’t rely on spirits. I just happen to use frequently because they are far stronger than humans alone.

Like I said, stay away from necromancy.

[quote=“Euoi, post:22, topic:2842”]Yeah, exactly. You shouldn’t be working with the dead as starter spirits, minus ancestors.
Don’t assume shit about me. I don’t rely on spirits. I just happen to use frequently because they are far stronger than humans alone.

Like I said, stay away from necromancy.[/quote]

The are humans .
Ancestors are burried into the cementery.

So? Your lack of knowledge about the dangers is precisely why you shouldn’t fuck with them.

^^^ LISTEN TO HER!!!

Knoledge is gained trough experience…

An intelligent rebuttal to a heated statement.

With that said, it may be more prudent for you to first learn through literary sources so that you’re better prepared for when you begin delving into the actual practice itself…which I believe is what Bodomite and Euoi are getting at. Still, I’m not much for marching to the beat of another’s drum myself…and the risks of experimentation are always yours to take.

Either way, I don’t really believe that you’re going to provoke any aggression by taking a branch simply because it may have absorbed some ambient energies; it would take a rather silly spirit to get bent out of shape over something like that.

^^^ LISTEN TO HER!!![/quote]

Euoi is a guy…

That being said I agree that one needs a certain level of experience before working with the dead. I also agree that the best knowledge comes from experience, AFTER you have studied in length.

If you want a good experience with the dead, work with your ancestors first. See what that is like, then get some form of protection (like St. Michael) and research Necromancy, and then start working it.

Orisman has a pretty good plan. But, of course, the choice is yours. Jump into the river Styx by all means, just don’t expect Charon to fish you out.

Stix isn’t nice belief me imagine all of the hate that every human has ever felt reunited in one stream.

^^^ LISTEN TO HER!!![/quote]

Euoi is a guy…

That being said I agree that one needs a certain level of experience before working with the dead. I also agree that the best knowledge comes from experience, AFTER you have studied in length.

If you want a good experience with the dead, work with your ancestors first. See what that is like, then get some form of protection (like St. Michael) and research Necromancy, and then start working it.[/quote]

I have studied the matter lightly I will try to read more on the subject but if you read work of darkness or the living god ebook the daed are represented as empty shells of their former selfs.

The problem is not the branch itself, it is the state of mind.

[/quote]

The brach isn’t theirs it is the propety of the owner of the cementary and that is it.

Keep in mind that Achilles gained immortality through submersion into the river Styx, but I like the metaphor and would simply say that he better hope he can swim back out. :wink:

[quote=“The Eye”]The problem is not the branch itself, it is the state of mind.

If you take a branch from a cemetery thinking this is some snack self service, the following day you’ll be taking a stone that you liked and which you found on a grave, and the next day some cemetery dirt and so on, still without respecting any protocol.

Good habit have to be taken as soon as possible.

If you don’t know what you’re doing, then don’t and since this is true for every kind of spirits working, this is especially true with necromancy.[/quote]

Sound advice that simply doesn’t need included into my particular comment because he came here for advice out of apprehension for that very behavior. The point of my previous statement was simply to inform him that snatching up a branch isn’t likely to gain any ill will from the dead…everyone else has encouraged his apprehension towards that behavioral pattern for me.

While I agree with that, The Eye still has sound advice… The branch is one thing, but when you begin delving further and start taking things which aren’t typically seen as unassociated from the spirits themselves…that’s when you’re going to come across problems.

Keep in mind that Achilles gained immortality through submersion into the river Styx, but I like the metaphor and would simply say that he better hope he can swim back out. :wink:

[quote=“The Eye”]The problem is not the branch itself, it is the state of mind.

If you take a branch from a cemetery thinking this is some snack self service, the following day you’ll be taking a stone that you liked and which you found on a grave, and the next day some cemetery dirt and so on, still without respecting any protocol.

Good habit have to be taken as soon as possible.

If you don’t know what you’re doing, then don’t and since this is true for every kind of spirits working, this is especially true with necromancy.[/quote]

Sound advice that simply doesn’t need included into my particular comment because he came here for advice out of apprehension for that very behavior. The point of my previous statement was simply to inform him that snatching up a branch isn’t likely to gain any ill will from the dead…everyone else has encouraged his apprehension towards that behavioral pattern for me.

While I agree with that, The Eye still has sound advice… The branch is one thing, but when you begin delving further and start taking things which aren’t typically seen as unassociated from the spirits themselves…that’s when you’re going to come across problems.[/quote]

Achilles wasn’t imortal he became invulnable every wear where the water touched his skin. he still could age and get sick .

The river stix can protect you from attack not from dead.

[quote=“atherius, post:34, topic:2842”]Achilles wasn’t imortal he became invulnable every wear where the water touched his skin. he still could age and get sick .

The river stix can protect you from attack not from dead.[/quote]

How dare you correct my sarcasm?!

Kidding, of course…wrong “I” word; I meant to say invulnerability.