Necromancers

So, how many of you actually practice necromancy? What are your practices? What do you do?
This place is pretty dead, and whenever something does pop up, it’s usually not geared towards people already working. So come, get discussing.

I actually do a little necromancy with some dead that I’m friendly with.

Our exchange is usually that they will give me insights and wisdom that they have from being dead (i.e., what they would do in a situation and how time has let them think on these kinds of things) in exchange for I paying them. But not conventionally.

Whenever I receive advice from these specific dead, I give them quite the bounty of energy that I’ve plundered. So, in acting as my advisors, not only do they get energy to let them interact with the physical world more, but I craft constructs that would answer their questions.

That’s the only real interaction I have with the dead, aside from the occasional angry spirit.

I did a lot with family members over the years, stuff like closing down old misunderstandings and things like that, and that really healed me of a lot of familial-inherited stuff, and they’ve occasionally told me things I later verified as correct, for example about some family abroad that I didn’t even know I had.

I don’t tend to do random necromancy (by which I mean calling up the shades of strangers) because I have other go-to methods of finding info… I did once have a 9-month affair with a shade but I posted about that before, I would have happily spent the rest of my life with him, he taught me so much, but he moved on so I could get on with my life, and also because he wanted to be re-born. Pretty domestic stuff! lol

Also did some work on places that were haunted, helping the dead be healed, release their attachment, and pass through, and that was using core shamanic methods and very interesting - I’d love to do more but it’s often quite draining and living people don’t really like to pay for it. I like the dead, they’ve often had the BS knocked out of them and are actually open to being helped and to moving on, unlike the living I’ve done healing work on!

And I’ve also soul-travelled on rare occasions in the astral to the “Higher Self” of deceased people, but that’s my least-favourite thing and the entity you meet’s never like the actual person.

There seems to me, especially in London, to be a whole ecology of death out there: shades feeding on one another, some are semi-sentient, others are more like empty thought-form shells that repeat the same actions, some fear they’ve gone crazy and aren’t really aware they’re even dead… all manner of things, and that’s been part of the foundation for my belief that humans are all unique, even the most boring everyday ones have all kinds of weird spiritual stuff behind the facade.

That’s all I have on this topic, I used to do it A Lot but then I was advised by various spirits I really trust that it was making me side more with the dead (and that’s true - I get angry reading accounts of shades being compelled to do things, even angrier when people talk about a haunted place, where a deceased person might be in real pain and trapped, as though it was “kewl”) so I moved away from it.

Edit to add: “This place is pretty dead” eh Euoi? it took my a few minutes to get that one! lol

Necromantic sorcery is extremely effective at procuring death, who’d have thought right? It honestly seems like it may be a little too much power for me, especially at such an amateur level, but it’s addictive. I don’t know if it’s my ability that has ascended or simply the burning passion of the dead to spread their misery. I find myself just meditating in the current trying to fully tame it instead of working on making my inner vision a physical vision. While my main goal of magick has always been to be able to end anyone I desire, it feels like I still went backwards.

Probably not the response you’re looking for Euoi but the necromantic current is not easily shaken, I’ll probably be sleepwalking in graveyards soon :wink:

1 Like

I keep an ancestral altar, and in the past I have paid to get some spirits to aid me in some revenge work.

Necromancy certainly has my respect and working with Hecate I know it will become more and more a part of my practice.

1 Like

I’ve set up a small necromantic altar and I’ve been getting into more and more necromantic workings with the help of several people on this forum (Thanks Euoi!) and book material as well (D. Abiel, Connolly, and others). I’ve been kind of on a hiatus for about a month or so as far as my workings with the dead. The spirit of death and atrophy seems a bit difficult to comprhenend in the since of how to work with the dead in ways that don’t require that esssence…not sure if I’m making sense but for example, say I wish to work with an ancestor or a entity of death and I wish to acquire knowledge, or influence a circumstance to my favor that doesn’t really require someone’s death or the atrophy of circumstances surrounding it…anyways its been a learning process as I continue to more forward. I’ve been hesitate to work with my dead ancestors, particulary my grandfather (maternal side) for a variety of reason but I think it would probably be a good place to start as soon as get off my ass and ‘clear the air’ with him.

I’ve worked within the cult of Falxifer for years. Lots of personal exploring and helping clients with all sorts of work through my own little botanica. There are a couple other necromantic cults I practice in that are a bit obscure, but similar brujeria styles.

I cant consider myself a necromancer, but the fact is that it is somewhat part of my life. A cousin of mine died in the very day I was born. My mother-side family is strongly saturnian, being almost half of them - me included - are of capricorn. We die from the most brutal forms of cancer, my grand-granma died with 28 kilos, only skin and bones, after struggling almost 3 years against some freak 23 centimeters tumor that literally made its way out her body, and that just one case Im telling here. When I was younger I felt my body just as if I had abused of Vicodin and weed, painless, excessively relaxed, and so was my energy. I could make someone really comfortable around me, but if I intensified it the person would start feeling dormant, then anxious as if struggling as to not to be completely dissolved in my energy. Even Diazin adds up to 13 in the gematria method I used at the time I received this name, with the spirit who gave it to me telling that my name was the name of Death even before I made the maths.
Two weeks ago I decided I was going serious into Necromancy. I went to my family’s grave with a black and a white candle. Looked at the people who was buried in there and there was my dead cousin lol. I didnt know he was there. I lit the white candle at the right, where my grand-grandparents are buried and at the left I lit the black one, where my cousin is. I saw then the hand of Charon and heard “dont forget the Charon’s coin”. Lol, that was totally unexpected. I then got a coin from my pocket and left if under the black candle. Got some dirt from the grave and left. Ill just tell that in that same day I felt a spiritual freedom that went missing my whole life, then I figured alot of things about myself. I think Ill be going there in April with my grandpa to settle sone legal matters regarding our grave and some bodies will be unburied and to give place for newcomers (our house is full at the moment HEHHEHEH), thats the perfect moment to try to get a nice fetish xD, who knows?

[quote=“Euoi, post:1, topic:2842”]So, how many of you actually practice necromancy? What are your practices? What do you do?
This place is pretty dead, and whenever something does pop up, it’s usually not geared towards people already working. So come, get discussing.[/quote]

Actually just started working with the dead when they began to show up recently. Used some of your posts to begin this practice; and since have learned some rituals to press is further. I’ll post results when I have more info from Hecate.

Hmm…

While I’ve often formulated theories on how best to use the dead, I wouldn’t consider myself a Necromancer. With that said, I am currently working on fetishes carved from genuine human bone…so perhaps I’m well on my way to having that classification thrust upon me. Many long term goals of mine involve the tethering of souls…so it’s highly likely.

Either way, here’s a taste of what’s to come…my first Fear Fetish.

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab207/TenebraeAeterna/FrontSMALL_zpscca3cd70.jpg

Human Calcaneus, Moonstone Eye, Assorted Animal Teeth. Not yet enchanted, but soon enough.

what’s the purpose of the fetish, and how useful is a fetish as opposed to other forms of magic. I’m highly interested in this kind of sorcery.

Ultimately, it’ll be imbued with enchantments that reflect the name of the project itself, Fear Fetishes.

The ultimate outcome will be an enchantment that evokes fear and drains anyone trying to cause you harm…traversing through their self-established link and then spreading throughout them like a disease. This will then transfer that energy back to you and their attempt to cause harm results within the completely opposite. Basically, I’m recreating the effect that my own essence seems to have naturally by weaving the essence of darkness into these pieces.

As for how a fetish is used in comparison to other forms of magic, it all depends on how you see things. Some consider physical items as an amplifier of your work, which is why different crystals, metals, etc. hold varying properties in the metaphysical community. Others believe that a physical tether gives you a psychological advantage by providing something tangible for your mind to focus upon…thus strengthening the magic itself.

I tend to believe that both hold truth.

Tenebrae Aeterna, that looks absolutely sick. Pretty sure I actually recoiled a little bit as soon as the picture loaded. I can’t imagine how potent it will be once you actually charge it. Love it!

Thank you very much, I’ve got seven more to carve up…so this will be the first amongst a set of eight. After that, I’ll have to see if my supplier has more human Calcaneus bones for purchase so that I can continue.

[quote=“Euoi, post:1, topic:2842”]So, how many of you actually practice necromancy? What are your practices? What do you do?
This place is pretty dead, and whenever something does pop up, it’s usually not geared towards people already working. So come, get discussing.[/quote]

I have taken a branche from a cementery without asking the one you call gate something I haven’t used it I am open for sugestions since my magickal work has consisted only of meditation, tarrot and anbsorbing darknees I would be interested into the death I live pretty close to the cementery and I always feel like I’m coming home when I pass trough it to go to school.

If you’re not using it for magical purposes it’s of little consequence. And it’s GATE KEEPER. Jesus, is that really so hard to remember? If you’re going to work in the cemetery, you need arelationship with the gatekeeper. He grants you permission to move and work. If you piss him off, he releases the dead against you.

Beginners shouldn’t fuck with necromancy.

[quote=“Euoi, post:16, topic:2842”]If you’re not using it for magical purposes it’s of little consequence. And it’s GATE KEEPER. Jesus, is that really so hard to remember? If you’re going to work in the cemetery, you need arelationship with the gatekeeper. He grants you permission to move and work. If you piss him off, he releases the dead against you.

Beginners shouldn’t fuck with necromancy.[/quote]

It’s for magick.
The gate keeper is a dead one the cementery is located where english isn’t common the dead have the knoledge of when they died .
So THE GATEKEEPER DOESN’T EVEN NOW WHAT THAT WORD MEANS.

I have been leaving money for the gatekeeper but since he doesn’t speak english it is pretty useless.

In my experience the dead, like all spirits, have possession of the ability to communicate with anyone, and their limited language skills during their lifetimes are not a limitation, since they exist in the spiritual realms.

Our thoughts exist in a raw unvoiced form, millionths of a second before our brains automatically turn them into speech or even internal mental dialogue: you can see this with animals, who are capable of quite complex thought processes whilst not using any spoken language.

It’s that unvoiced thought that we actually communicate to spirits, and we only perceive our outgoing communications, and their incoming replies, as being in our own language because that’s how our minds work.

That’s been my opinion and experience, anyway. :slight_smile:

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:18, topic:2842”]In my experience the dead, like all spirits, have possession of the ability to communicate with anyone, and their limited language skills during their lifetimes are not a limitation, since they exist in the spiritual realms.

Our thoughts exist in a raw unvoiced form, millionths of a second before our brains automatically turn them into speech or even internal mental dialogue: you can see this with animals, who are capable of quite complex thought processes whilst not using any spoken language.

It’s that unvoiced thought that we actually communicate to spirits, and we only perceive our outgoing communications, and their incoming replies, as being in our own language because that’s how our minds work.

That’s been my opinion and experience, anyway. :)[/quote]

Thanks for the opinion!

I have been working with vampirism lately wanted to try necromancy.
=)

Yeah, stay away from necromancy. It’s not for noobs.