Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

So, it’s new year’s resolution time. My Resolution this year was to try one new thing a month. Just in general. The first thing I’m going to do is start adding chanting Nam Myoho Renge Kyo to my daily practice for a month. This is a Nichiren Buddhist practice that I’ve seen testimonies about. People use it to pray for manifestation of their wishes.

Here is some stuff from the Sokka Gakai institution regarding the practice:

A video testimonial:

And an instructional:

I’ll post here with details daily starting tomorrow. I’ll also post any successful manifestations. This is part resolution, part experimentation.

I invite anyone who wants to try the practice out for themselves to post here as well.

Much love to everyone,
:rose: Jezebelle :rose:

12 Likes

Doesn’t Buddhism conflict with black magick?

3 Likes

We are very self serving l

2 Likes

I love mantras, they always put me into a higher state of mind.

Try the Hindu “Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha”. This one is simply AMAZING! Every time I do my “charging”, I chant this for one “Japamala” lap (108 times) or two. I love how it feels.

7 Likes

The core tenants of Buddhism, as it is conventionally understood, definitely do conflict with any self-serving mentality.

2 Likes

:blush:. Not trying to derail just wondering how it would affect us you know?

2 Likes

I’m a chanting fan all together. Have you tried Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung?

3 Likes

I doubt it would be detrimental. We use Hindu mantras and those don’t harm us but the core tenants are similar. Buddhism is a split off of Hinduism after all.

But we shall see. If I melt from the glorious power of the Lotus Sutra I’ll let everyone know :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy: Lol. if you do become Icarus save some tarred feathers :joy:

3 Likes

Buddhism conflicts with ANY regular human thinking. That’s why they practice it, just to ascend. And besides the beliefs, there are some “black Buddhists” out there.

These chants are all about vibrations. They are about charging your energy, cure some diseases or put your intentions into the same vibrations of the universe. This can be used by anyone, and don’t have anything to do with the “path”. It’s like, they’re meant to help you on your path but not strictly that, you understand what I say? (discussing something in another language can be challenging sometimes lol).

Imagining that some mantra will affect you “negatively” just because you’re on LHP is the same of imagining that using angels will make you “less effective” when you call some demons.

So be calm, it won’t affect you “negatively”.

4 Likes

Always after a quarter lap of the whole chakra tree, from Muladhara to Sahasrara mantras. I love Ra Ma Da Sa Sa Say So Hung. I always do a lap when I finished the chakra tree. And then, another lap of Om Tare Tuttare Ture Soha. That’s all I need in fact, I love both.

3 Likes

It’s a cool chant

2 Likes

@JezebelleMoon, thanks for creating this thread. I’ve been chanting daimoku for a long time daily. I used to be part of the SGI, but I left after awhile. I then joined the Kempon Hokke Shu, and I then left (along w/ several other members at that time). I now practise independently.

And I chant: “Namu Myoho Renge Kyo” rather than “Nam Myoho Renge Kyo”. Not a big difference, but the former may be better.

Here’s a blog by Dr. Mark Rogow, former member of both the SGI and the Kempon Hokke Shu (like me):

He’s very critical of the SGI, and part of the reason is that the SGI is very centred around Daisaku Ikeda (President of the SGI) rather than Shakyamuni Buddha Himself.

4 Likes

Day One:

Chanting session lasted only about five minutes today. Interesting thing to note is that when I hit the “flow point” of the chanting my voice dropped so the chanting was coming from deep in my throat.
The focus of this chanting session was financial well being.

I feel not only peaceful but very energized now that it’s been completed. Almost like the chanting sped up the flow of my energy through my body. I think it may be a good thing to use as a primer for magickal workings should this effect remain consistent.

We will see how day two goes tomorrow.

3 Likes

I am also a former SGI member. I love chanting daimoku and gongyo when I get the chance, but SGI just really turned me off. My Gohonzon disappeared somehow over the course of years and moves, but I realized that it was supposed to happen that way. The Gohonzon is in our hearts anyway.

3 Likes

Where is the part which suggests that manifestations of wishes are possible by chanting/practicing ?

1 Like

In the testimonial

Makes sense considering it’s the same as chanting an incantation/spell with your intent in mind

1 Like

Hello JezebelleMoon

Is there a “recommended” time or count the chanting should be performed for manifestation and/or spiritual purposes ?

Thanks

1 Like

It works. The resonance puts you in a calm state of mind and broadcasts your true intention or will into the reality around you. This helps your desires manifest faster.

I really don’t think that this chant has anything to do with Buddha. It’s the vibration or the frequency that the sounds generate that actually matter.

I will definitely testify. This mantra has “saved my ass” on several occasions!

3 Likes

I have a question- Is gohonzon necessary in practice of this mantra?