5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

And to wrap it up for now,

6 Likes

I forgot about feathers. Places like this with birds might have feathers. We didn’t actually have time to go to the Aviary, but I hope to at a later date. You might need to ask, but I know we are often looking for specific types of feathers for workings, and while these places may or may not sell them due to locaal legalities in some places- sometimes you’ll find them outside of the pens, along the walk to the pond where the swans are or could even ask a groundskeeper if they could/would save them for you.

3 Likes

Such a tease.:wink: Most places here on the East Coast have shut the birds up due to an Avian Flu outbreak. We went to the Philly zoo and none were out. Baltimore and DC are still quarantining their birds.

Thanks for sharing. It actually can have a larger purpose than intended. It one works with land spirits, they can dial-in on those photos and make relationships from them, with proper local advocates.

3 Likes

I didn’t even think about that, or the animals even. The land spirits are so last thought of sometimes :frowning: The picture is enough to link to the featured animal as well, in a more direct manner rather than just the archetype energy of the type of animal.

2 Likes

If this is too far out, let me know…

We use pictures of people and places to sync with and enact our Will upon them, good, bad, or neutral. They are visual and energetic links (well, can be).

If one was to center oneself in a photo, interacting with the energetic equivalent…

Let me know if I should delete. YOU will get this.

2 Likes

I think it’s okay, I do get it and considering the grove conversation, perhaps it’s good practice for others too :joy:

Totally unrelated I know yet similar- to me.

They could use it for a projection base to visit the animal rather than pull it to them though.

2 Likes

Or pull the essence of the very animal…few steps further and all that… I wpuld not harm those lovely animals in that way.

If you ever make it to Indiana, wife and I spent the night at Exotic Feline Rescue Center. They have/had a cabin for overnights (reservation). Been there several times. Lovely.

1 Like

Here is another example of taking things from nature for my practice.

I was preparing for a baneful ritual, and suddenly knew I needed rose thorns. I finished what I was working on and immediately went out to our only rose bush.

I’ve got to admit I’ve neglected it altogether so far, despite having received roses off of it, from others. I knew it was okay to take the dead limbs for their thorns, but the rose bush was also pretty clear they wanted taken care of in exchange.

This wasn’t going to be a quick and easy job, it was out of control and had many, many dead parts that needed removed and it took, what seemed like hours to accomplish. Particularly since some of this is new to me, or so old it feels forgotten.

But that wasn’t even the goal, I still had to harvest the thorns I needed for my ritual. Luckily the remembrance of @anon39079500 experience with this brought itself to my mind. In his world, the more effort and energy I put into the prep work, the more profound the ritual may be.

Eventually, I did get my thorns:

Edit: Rose thorn removal tools:

3 Likes

I found this triangular rock while wading in water above my knees.

I just had to have it for my baneful workings. I’m not very good with rocks and minerals beyond the real common ones, so I have no idea what it is. I found several in different shapes, with the same type of coloring though.

2 Likes

My husband brought me these rocks, a few days after me telling him I was looking for a dark stone.

Supposedly they are black tourmaline and bloodstone. I really like them :grin:

1 Like

Today I cleansed and concentrated a bag of rocks I was given. I plan to use them for protection and will likely have a few extras. That’s okay, It never seems like I make enough of any of the items I actually use- I am always giving away my last of something.

I also spent a fair amount of time scrubbing up my mussel shells from the river. I plan to use these as vessels for servitors.

We will be having a large gathering of family and friends in a few months, and I want to make these into angels and give them away to bless the homes and hearths of our family and friends. I am going to probably need a lot more of them, but you can’t walk down the river without finding more empty shells than you carry.

I don’t mind the single ones, since I am crafting with them I can probably find close matches for most.

I thought the deep purple colored ones were my favorite, until I started finding them with lots of gold color as well.

I think the broken shells would probably make good wand material but I haven’t figured out if that is a project for me or not yet :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My husband brought me a rose, from outside a few days ago. I only just realized I should have taken a picture of it. The rose bush has provided me with rose petals, thorns and lots of great items for my practice over the last year.

I have taken to drying out the roses my husband brings me, regardless of where from and putting them in empty vases around the house, as a reminder to myself of his actions repressing love.

I put this one while it was fresh, on a shelf in the kitchen, that he built for me.

2 Likes