My Personal Kundalini Rising Journey

Hi all,

I’ve decided to write here on a daily basis about my learning on Kundalini (both in a theoretical and a practical way). This will serve me on two levels.

1. It will help me be accountable for myself.
  2. It will probably help others who are willing to learn about Kundalini.
  3. I will only be listing important points that I encounter and won’t be going into intimate details, but if need be, you can PM me and I will be more than happy to share what I know. Please note that I am also a beginner at this and by no means a master.

Day 1.

1. Kundalini is not to be confused with a coiled serpent(this because our brain which is the mind is in the shape of a coiled serpent) that many people think or have mentioned in the books. Kundalini comes from the word “Kunda” which in Sanskrit means deep.
  2. Mooladhara or the Root chakra which most people refer to lies at different positions for men and for women. For men it is the perenium and for women it is at cervix.
  3. it is not necessary that all people who want to activate Kundalini have to start at the Root chakra, for some people even without you knowing, it might already be at Swadishtana or Manipura.

The chakras(from bottom to top)

1. Mooladhara
  2. Swadhistana
  3. Manipura
  4. Anahita
  5. Vishuddhi
  6. Ajna
  7. Sahasra

That’s all for today. If you want to start practicing, start off with meditation. Meditation is the basis for any energy related work. Now what is meditation that is for you to figure out. I am not going to say to control your mind or be thoughtless, because I am not there yet, however I can give you a template to get started with meditation.

1. Sit in a cross legged posture.
  2. Keel you spine straight and don’t slouch.
  3. Chant a mantra or listen to any music that is going to take you a trance state.

Reasons for the posture:

1. The reason why I am suggesting you to sit and not lay down or stand up/walk is because when you are lying down, you might fall asleep, when you are walking or standing up, you might feel week or have all distracted thoughts come in(the entire point is to calm the mind after all), sitting in a cross legged position will control your body from any bodily urges like using the restroom or so.
  2. Keeping the spine erect is very important because your root chakra is all the way at the bottom and the crown chakra is all the way the top of your head. Imagine having to send water in a pipe that is all tangled up and curved vs a pipe that is straight. The pipe that I am referring to hear is called Sushumna.

Please google the words and I am sure you will find various resources online to help you out.

That’s all for today. So, keep meditating, chanting either Aum, or Elllll, or whatever mantra best works for you in your spiritual ascent. Good luck to you and please wish me luck in my journey as well. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Day 2 - Sorry folks - still theory but these are absolutely important to know before we get started.

Meditation from Yesterday: (What did we accomplish yesterday)
First let’s start with how meditation is going on. As for me, I’ve been meditating for almost a month now, and I meditate twice a day. I try to meditate for at least 24 minutes in each session. I use different mantra’s for different sessions. I don’t want to mention what Mantra I use but I shall give a group of mantra’s that I choose from.
a. Aum, Aim, Hreem, Shreem, Kleem, Kreem. (Bheeja mantras - Primodal sounds of creation)
b. Aum namah Shivaaya or Aum Kreem Kaalikaye namah. (Ishta Deva mantra - Favorite God/Goddess mantra)

I am not suggesting that you use or do not use something from the above mentioned. Please do your research on Mantra’s and apply an apt mantra based on your situation and the goals you have in your mind.

P.S: Mother Kaali is a very intense entity or force, if you are beginner, I would strongly recommend that you go with a Bheeja mantra instead of an Ishta Devata mantra.

Kundalini and Chakras:

1. Mooladhara is very important to start/activating Kundalini. Pranayama(breathing technique is what will essentially help start this process). Pranayama generates energy that starts the activation process in Mooladhara. This energy then shoots up to Ajna passing through Sushumna.
  2. Without awakening Sushumna, Kundalini cannot be awakened.
  3. Along with Sushumna, Ida and Pingala also need to be working in union. Essentially Ida, Pingala and Shushumna’s union at Ajna is what is the basis for Kundalini awakening.
  4. Kundalini awakening actually activates the dormant parts of the brain which leads to super consciousness. In order to arouse the silent areas of the brain, we must give the front part of the brain with enough energy(Prana), and that’s why we must awaken sushumna nadi. To achieve these both goals, your best bet is to regularly do pranayama consistently and over a good amount of time. It might be difficult in the beginning, but with practice, you will be able to achieve the right form of breathing, and with the right form of breathing in place, the mind will be calm and serene, and with the mind being calm and serene you will be ready for awakening.

P.S: It is an absolute must that you awaken sushumna nadi before kundalini. This essential point has not been emphasized enough by many people, or in the videos, or the books. Essentially Kundalini awakening is the union of Shiva and Shakti (Shiva lies in the Sahasra Chakra and Shakti in the Mooladhara). If sushumna is not opened, there is no way for Shakti to reach Shiva. It will either be going through ida or via pingala and that’s when and how issues emerge.

That’s it for today folks. Please continue your pranayama and meditation. Don’t worry about your mind not being still. That will happen in due course of time, but continue to focus on your breathing and your posture for now.

3 Likes

Day 3:

Meditation from yesterday: (What did we accomplish yesterday?)
I was able to meditate for at least 22 minutes today. Primarily meditated on Om, closed my eyes and sat in a cross legged position with Yogi mudras. (Google Yogi mudra). As we go deep into the topic, we will be using a lot of Yoga language which is primarily Sanskrit and I will not be giving out each and every detail. Research and Google will make you efficient.

Basic Requirements:

Okay, at this stage, let’s get some basic requirements in place.

1. If you are out of shape. I would strongly recommend that you get started on your cardio. This isn’t just for Kundalini or Yoga, but for any occult, having good cardio in my opinion is the key. The reason is because, a lot of occult depends on your breath work. If you are panting and out of breath, you immediately lose focus and that will not help you with your meditation which will turn out to a failed result. So, get your breath work in place. A good rule of thumb is breathe in for 4 seconds, hold for 2 seconds, breathe out for 2 seconds.
  2. To be able to sit down(especially for Kundalini practices, you need to have strong hips and strong back). You don’t need to go to the gym and lift heavy or anything, but keep conditioning your muscles. Stretch, flex, pilates, yoga whatever you need to do, get it in. Start slow but start with discipline and dedication.
  3. Fix a dedicated time and place for your meditation and stick to it. I would prefer early mornings, probably right before the sun rise or right when the sun is rising, the nature talks to you during this time. And when you stick to the same place, it will energize the place, the moment you go to that place, your mind get’s tuned in. It’s like going to the bed, your brain knows what’s coming next.
  4. Not required, but I found that use of essential oils is greatly helping me with my focus and breathing.
  5. Do not eat anything for about 2-3 hours before you start your meditation, but don’t starve yourself to death either. Your focus shouldn’t be on hunger after all.

Plan of action for today: (I haven’t done this yet, Tuesdays are my lucky days, so I am going to do it then)

1. Sit in a cross legged position and keep chanting Om. If you feel very confident that you do not have any blockages, emotional or physical and are ready for the next step, keep chanting “Lam” pronounced as Lum from lump and try to imagine a deep red inverted triangle.
  2. Try to google “Siddhasana”, for your convenience, I included the link to wikipedia for Mooladhara(Muladhara - Wikipedia).

Keep meditating. That’s the best thing to do for now. :slight_smile:

Note: I do not take any responsibility for any accidents/injuries/emotional disorders/fatalities and other issues that might occur by following the above mentioned instructions. You are doing this at your own risk.

1 Like

Rules and reasons:

1. Kundalini rising or mantra chanting has nothing to do with religion. I would strongly suggest that anyone who is trying to become spiritual break the barriers of being religious. Think about it this way, religion is more like a country, it has imaginary boundaries, which always require you to stay confined, the moment you need to travel, you will need a passport/permission from the other country etc. Where as spirituality is like being a bird in the sky, no more passports, imaginary boundaries etc. Free to follow and do whatever you want to do and whatever your mind asks you to do. That being said, don’t become a Hindu or whatever, stay in whatever is currently working for you, but HAVE AN OPEN MIND.

2. You don’t need to give up your family life or your social life, however anyone who is keeping you in a low vibration will be removed from your life, cause your path is going to change. The simple logic behind this is that you are going to change your life to be better for you, for example if you do decide to meditate for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening, and you realize that is important for you, you will automatically not socialize with people in the bar and not have any late night parties. People who understand that you are in a higher vibration will respect that, and people who don’t, will be removed.

3. No altars, no images. It’s simple guys, your body and the mind are the ones going through the transformation, I don’t want to have any images which are forced into your thought process. Yes, every once in a while if it helps you focus better you can google Lotus images and stuff which are related to chakras, but don’t get fixated, as you transform you will automatically see and hear things.

4. You don’t need any organization or a physical teacher. The reason being you are your best teacher and the spirits and your energy will start guiding you once you are in alignment.

5. Yoga, yoga and more yoga. : Yoga has a way to calm your mind down, even otherwise, it will help you physically, so start doing it. Without yoga, you will not be able to get through this path. If there is anyone who says otherwise, you can blindly ignore them. There are certain poses which you will need to get into, but that doesn’t mean you will need to do every single complex pose out there. Remember this simple rule. Yoga is primarily about three things, the most important being your breath(pranayama), second important(drishti - focus point) and last is the pose. So, don’t worry about the pose in the beginning, it will happen eventually. Also, start working on keeping your back straight while you are in a seated meditation pose.(Very very important). Time it, keep increasing the time for keeping your back straight everyday by 10-15 seconds. If music helps you focus, do it, but eventually you need to cut the music out at some point, so don’t get used to it too much.

Let’s get started today:

Posture:
Siddhasana for Men, Siddhayoni Asana for women:
Link 1: Siddhasana - Wikipedia.
Link 2: Siddhasana / Siddha Yoni Asana - YouTube

Breathing technique:
Nadi sodhana pranayama:
We will be using alternate nostril breathing. If you haven’t been practicing yoga, or working out, your arms might get a little fatigued, but don’t worry, you will eventually build the strength. If you need to rest your arm, that is okay, but don’t cheat on the alternate nostril breathing.
Link 1: https://www.yogajournal.com/videos/nadi-shodhana
We will be using a different timing patter for the inhalation and exhalation and the pause. I want to mark specific importance on the pause. It is very important that you pause, the importance of this will be covered in due time, but for now, just make sure you are pausing after your inhalation for 3 seconds and pausing after your exhalation for another 3 seconds.

Close the right nostril:
Inhale through left nostril - 7 to 10 seconds, slow and steady.
Pause, close the left nostril - 3 to 5 seconds (don’t over pause, this will stop your rhythm)
Exhale through right nostril- 7 to 10 seconds, slow and steady
Pause, Do not close the right nostril - 3 to 5 seconds (don’t over pause, this will stop your rhythm)
Inhale through right nostril - 7 to 10 seconds, slow and steady.
Pause, close the right nostril - 3 to 5 seconds (don’t over pause, this will stop your rhythm)
Exhale through left nostril- 7 to 10 seconds, slow and steady
Pause, Do not close the left nostril - 3 to 5 seconds (don’t over pause, this will stop your rhythm)

You get the pattern, so keep your Nadi sodhana pranayama going on.
All the while, you are keeping your back straight and not leaning against a wall.

Timing (Three times a day in mornings during sunrise(before breakfast), mid day(between 12-2 before lunch), sunset(before dinner) at least 21 minutes per session)

Bring any necessary items like cushions, stop timer, etc,

Keep your eyes closed and don’t have any distractions. If thoughts come make a mental note of the thoughts and later on in your journal mark the thoughts, and go deeper in those thoughts as to why the thought occurred.

That’s it for today, good luck. :slight_smile:

So, yesterday was a bummer. I was barely able to meditate for like 6 minutes in one run and another 5 minutes in the second run. The posture is indeed difficult, I need more flexibility. Hopefully, it will come in time. I was thinking about unnecessary stuff as well, I will be honest.

Today however, I was able to sit in the posture for close to 19 minutes and although I did have other thoughts encounter my mind but I was able to meditate. I will again sit down in the evening for another round of meditation and try to take it to 20 minute mark. Will keep you all posted.

Sorry all,

So, I realized that I first need to work on my posture, so I joined Yoga classes, as soon as I resume and get more confident about my posture and all, I will restart this thread. Thank you for understanding.

1 Like

I had a spontaneous kundalini awakening and hate it a lot .I dont know why anyone would want this demon evil inside