I’ve decided to write here on a daily basis about my learning on Kundalini (both in a theoretical and a practical way). This will serve me on two levels.
- It will help me be accountable for myself.
- It will probably help others who are willing to learn about Kundalini.
- I will only be listing important points that I encounter and won’t be going into intimate details, but if need be, you can PM me and I will be more than happy to share what I know. Please note that I am also a beginner at this and by no means a master.
- Kundalini is not to be confused with a coiled serpent(this because our brain which is the mind is in the shape of a coiled serpent) that many people think or have mentioned in the books. Kundalini comes from the word “Kunda” which in Sanskrit means deep.
- Mooladhara or the Root chakra which most people refer to lies at different positions for men and for women. For men it is the perenium and for women it is at cervix.
- it is not necessary that all people who want to activate Kundalini have to start at the Root chakra, for some people even without you knowing, it might already be at Swadishtana or Manipura.
The chakras(from bottom to top)
That’s all for today. If you want to start practicing, start off with meditation. Meditation is the basis for any energy related work. Now what is meditation that is for you to figure out. I am not going to say to control your mind or be thoughtless, because I am not there yet, however I can give you a template to get started with meditation.
- Sit in a cross legged posture.
- Keel you spine straight and don’t slouch.
- Chant a mantra or listen to any music that is going to take you a trance state.
Reasons for the posture:
- The reason why I am suggesting you to sit and not lay down or stand up/walk is because when you are lying down, you might fall asleep, when you are walking or standing up, you might feel week or have all distracted thoughts come in(the entire point is to calm the mind after all), sitting in a cross legged position will control your body from any bodily urges like using the restroom or so.
- Keeping the spine erect is very important because your root chakra is all the way at the bottom and the crown chakra is all the way the top of your head. Imagine having to send water in a pipe that is all tangled up and curved vs a pipe that is straight. The pipe that I am referring to hear is called Sushumna.
Please google the words and I am sure you will find various resources online to help you out.
That’s all for today. So, keep meditating, chanting either Aum, or Elllll, or whatever mantra best works for you in your spiritual ascent. Good luck to you and please wish me luck in my journey as well.