My Padawan learner

So my friends son, some time back asked what I was doing during meditation. I answered him, “I’m working with my chi”.

He said he heard that term but didn’t know what it meant & asked if I could explain. So I did my best, & he got the basic of it pretty fast. He then asked if he could do it, & if I could teach him.

I gave him some simple instructions, meditations & exercises to do. He now does them on a near daily basis. I always have to remind him to build up his energy through meditation, regular exercise & fairly healthy diet, but it’s becoming more of a regular thing for him.

I just gave him the general examples & exercises that my Sensei gave me when I was a little younger than him. He asked if I could teach him magic, but I told him that I wouldn’t, out of respect for his parents. But, if he wanted to know about it, that when he’s old enough to determine for himself what he does, that I would urge he fined out for himself. I figure by the time he’s 18yrs old & of the age his parents have told him he’ll be old enough to make decisions like that on his own, he’ll have out grown the interest. But for now, we’re sticking with the Eastern teachings & methods of chicken which his parents approve of.

Like my sister (a white witch) & my brother-in-law do with their boy, we use the models set forth by the Jedi philosophies & teachings as our vehicle. I always remind him that he can apply these teachings to whatever path he sees fit. He likes the idea of one day “being a Jedi” as he says

2 Likes