My mother won’t stay out of my room so I set some magickal booby traps

So I did three petition spells with the same intent. One is tapped on the back of my door, one tapped under my alter, & I burned one in the middle of the residential intersection by my house. The one I burned & the one behind my door state that anyone who touches any of my magickal workings or tools will suffer from bad luck. The one under my alter states that anyone who blows out candles on my alter will suffer from bad luck.
The only person these spells will and were intended to effect is my mother who “allows” me to practice witchcraft in “her” house. (Stupid ass lady the only reason you even really know I’m doing this shit is because of the candles and constant burning of incense and me blatantly talking about it) anyway i’m tired of her nonbelieving ass, coming into my safe space blowing out candles, and taking herbs out of my room that I bought with my own money that she believes belong in her kitchen so I did these spells so that if she does something like that again, she will experience some minor bad luck and hopefully it’ll make her think twice about coming into my room and fucking with shit.
Any more effective ways of doing this?

3 Likes

The most effective and working way is to live separately from your parents in your own home. I understand that this is not available to many people and unfortunately, many face the same problems as you. By the way, can you share the spells that you used to protect your workspace?

6 Likes

I did 3 petition spells, details about what I did and why are in the post. & yeaa moving out isn’t an option for me atm.

1 Like

From the standpoint of target selection, you don’t really want her to have bad luck, you want her to stay out, right? So why not make the same petition spell for exactly that?

Another idea you could try: Take your intent – “My mother always stays out of my room” or something – and just charge it with magick directly :star_struck: . Empower it with energy, perhaps visualising how she approaches the door, changes her mind and leaves. See how much time and energy you have to spend on this empowering until it works.

If you have an intuitive feeling on how to do that, then just do it :+1:t2: . If not, you might find some advice in this blog post by an occultist I respect a lot.

5 Likes

Yeah I second that jinxing your mom, has a strong possibility to not be the greatest for you as well. As a rule you should be very careful and creative when using baneful work on members of your household, classroom or workplace.

The first thing, putting out candles seems pretty good as far as safety issue. Not the best idea overall to leave candles burning unattended. I’d probably do the same if I had kids. The herb thing seems like a boundary issue. Maybe seek something in the line of your mom respecting your boundaries more.

5 Likes

Might wanna try a flat share, cutting the rent in half can make it really managable with benefits.

A warding spell might be better to just stop her doing it, solving the problem more.

Hell even calling the police, or getting a lawyer, if it’s america, your country was both founded on freedom of religion, and stealing is illegal.

Harsh, may make her hostile, but what you gonna do.

Honestly, saving up some money to hire someone to install a lock on your door that you can use from the inside, but has eledctronic functionality to lock from the outside may be the best thing you can do.

And just say it’s something you are doing with your own money.

Lastly, you could bring up all of these things and ask her to show you some basic respect and treat you like a human being, because you are not her property, even if the house is, and if she thinks you are, threaten to put those words online and ask her what an internet mob would think of those words.

2 Likes

Yes that does tend to be a give away :slight_smile:

I would strongly advise against leaving burning candles unattended.

Happens to me a lot, but I’m too focused in my Watchers Initiation that I think that going to do a ritual just to put a ward in my room is a little of waste of energy. Azazel himself told me that it doesn’t make much difference and that my altar place is protected (I was concerned that both my father, who is very skeptical, and my mom, who fears “demons”, would somehow put negative energy on my altar). Fortunately, both my parents respect my believes, but they still talk about the incense and the candles (but with the help of Azazel they don’t notice it too often).

Ups! A little personal information! Anyway, I think it’s not advisable to put bad luck in someone so next to you (the reason is because the bad luck to them could get to you, example: she accidentally breaking the television or any other thing that you like). The way that I would do a “ward spell” is just to ask to Dantalion [Can be Paimon too] to put a psychic prompt on them so they don’t be extremely paranoid with these stuffs.

2 Likes

Bad luck? Who would think that would come from you?

I never tried it but maybe you can work with Leraje to bring her pain(for example stub her toe against something, be especially literal and specific when giving a command here) when she even thinks about touching your stuff or even enters your room? If a specific thing were to happen everytime she had that intention that would be a good deterrent, imo.

Just get a lock lol, I have one too. My mother barges in the room without knocking so I have it locked at all times

1 Like

Sometimes, the answers to your problem are as simple as doing something mundane.

With that said, I think your best bet is moving out.

Seems like pretty standard parent stuff. Honestly as frustrating as this must be i think its a pretty normal thing for a parent to do. I caught shit for lighting candles in my room a few times. They were blown out when I returned home. My father simply doesnt want his house to burn down and I can’t blame him. I am quite cautious with candles though, so this intrusion has thankfully stopped. I can even light incense without anyone complaining as long as I burn in my room with the door closed and dont stink up the rest of the house.

Take a step back and put this in perspective.
You don’t want to curse anyone you live with. Thats a bad idea. Not to mention your mother would probably not have a clue where her bad luck was coming from. How would she attribute her bad luck to your bedroom? You would have to tell her you set traps for her to make the connection.

Thank you all for the feedback! Moving out in the next 3 months is the goal. & I didn’t curse or hex my mother lol minor bad luck, intent was for it be like a baby jinx but I talked to her and we have a better understanding now. I don’t think there is any hazard in leaving candles that are incased in glass unattended like 7 day candles when they aren’t by anything flammable. They aren’t going to explode or anything

If you curse your family you will only suffer because you depend on them for money food and clothing.

Buy a lock and put on your door. If the spell back fires it comes to you.

This is for the record to clear things up.
I stated 4 or 5 different times that I didn’t “CURSE” my mother… idk if yall can’t read, reading too fast or what. But I clearly said multiple times that I did a jinx, a baby one at that. I reiterated in my reply, that I didn’t curse my mother I said it in my original post “*minor bad luck” which doesn’t even sound like I’m attempting to curse someone, and also said that the issue was resolved now, so I don’t see why people are still replying to this. I appreciate every response but yall gotta read with the intent to understand as well as the intent to help.

Like it’s kinda bothering me how so many people are reading what I said and misinterpreting and misconstruing the spells I did. I’m really not comprehending how “I did a spell for my mom to have some minor bad luck” is translating to me trying to CURSE my mother. Maybe the word “suffer” is what’s making people think this way. I think y’all just reading too fast or some. This post doesn’t even have “I’m trying to curse my mother” energy or wording…imo at least

The intent in my spells were so, idk how to say, low, I barely even had anything this bad in mind, which is why I called my spells baby jinx’s, More like after she blows out a candle she trips on her way out my room, accidentally drops everything in her hands when her hands are full or spills red juice on her shirt. That’s why I’m so confused with ppl talking about cursing. Maybe it was the word “suffer” but “suffering from bad luck” is not a curse unless the person doing the spell intended for it to be some type of extreme prolonged, bad luck, which if I was trying to do something like that I probably would’ve actually used the word curse in my post would’ve had a lot more idk angry words in it or something. I said my mom is getting on my nerves touching my shit so I did a little spell to give her a little bad luck and people are like oh my gosh you’re cursing your mother like and I’m like huh who said I was doing that?? :sweat_smile:

Im over this situation and we had a talk about it so I won’t be doing anything but moving on to more important things. My living situation isn’t bad just had a hot head moment. Which has now be resolved :grin: but thanks for the info good to know :thinking::saluting_face:

2 Likes