My long overdue introduction

I’ve been reading the BALG forums for a long time. I have been interested in the occult since I was a child. I was raised to be a Pentecostal (Christian) Minister, given to god, as they say, from birth. My childhood and early teen years were spent learning about the King James Bible. I was always a very inquisitive child and smart as well, which is never a good combination when attempting to indoctrinate a person.

I remember being confused as a child about this great spirit we called “God.” Why was he so angry with everyone for such a huge check list of things? Why were so many people destined to burn forever in the earth, where the worm dieth not? What’s the deal with all of the talk about love if I can’t go swimming in a pair of shorts for fear of God’s wrath.

It was by questioning my upbringing and the ministers who claimed to know so much about God’s will that I grew into the man I am today. I began researching the occult when I was in college. Aleister Crowley and other names I knew I was supposed to stay away from according to the preachers and ministers. I wanted to know what these holy men were so worried about everyone reading about. It worked out wonderfully as my interest has only grown over the years and I’ve become more than just an “arm chair” magician.

I’m not going to get into a lot more, I just wanted to start with a little background. I will say that I have read much of E.A’s literature and if I was skeptical at first and I must admit, at first I was a bit, that now I can say he’s been a great teacher through words and what I’ve learned has been indispensable.

Thank you for reading my intro and I look forward to making some friends here now that I’ve finally decided to make my presence known.

2 Likes

This is a good, and SHORT (!) manual of metaphysics within the causal world, it doesn’t have any moralistic stuff but it does help clear up a lot of seeming paradoxes you’ll find within magick: The Kybalion PDF, archived link (we don’t trade PDFs on here as a general rule but this one is okay, the text is out of copyright and the edition was given for download from the site that created it).

And welcome to the forum! :+1:

2 Likes

That’s a text I’ve read already. A while ago, granted, but I do remember it. I have read ALOT, I pretty much study whatever I can get my hands on about any subject that interests me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome.

Do you have any practical experience in magick? All you have told us thus far is that you read.

Do you actually practice anything?

Cool, I thought you seemed like a reading person (you write well and can use paragraph breaks correctly, an increasingly rare occult arte! :laughing:) - good to see that confirmed! :smiley:

2 Likes

I can assure you,with every read you will find something else with that book,you should read it back sometime.

1 Like

My practical experience is limited to working with Dantalion. I have been working with this spirit for over a year now.

1 Like

welcome to the community.