Music

Hey I know there are people who record music on this forum, and honestly I’m sick of just thinking about it and want to start recording music. It is rap music and I wanted to know how do I start today? I have notebook full of lyrics and ideas, but have no idea as to how to make them into something tangible. I am always on YouTube listening to beats and writing over them and rapping. Lets say that on Youtube I find a beat and pay 20 dollars for it where do I go from there?

1 Like

You’ll need some gear, if you want to give your ideas a shape.
There are some open source music programs out there you could use and experiment with, like Audacity or something (I would recommend this before you actually buy an expensive interface. Just to get familiar with the functions and what you want to do with it). Maybe this site can help you 20 great free and open source music making programs | MusicRadar
And this dude over here explains it very nice (if you want to make your own beats):

And for your recording sessions at home:

Hope, this will help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot. I was searching on Google and couldn’t really find anything. Thanks.

1 Like

There are a lot of good home recording tips on youtube. It looks incredibly theoretical at first but as soon as you start to play and experiment with what you have at your hands (doesn’t need to be expensive!) you’ll get a hang.
Just have fun :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree with Oddnan. Learning a music program can take time. Be basic with spending money on gear
until you have mastered certain things. Putting songs together for starters / song writing, no amount of gear
will ever help with that.

3 Likes

I do music and rap, I went from writing things down to rapping infront of friends and family and then an opportunity came my way and I got the audio equipment I needed and just recorded. You could honestly just take out your phone and record yourself and get an idea of how you sound listening back. If you stick with it long enough and continue to put energy towards this I’m sure it will be matched and you’ll get to where you want to be. Best of luck, and let me know if you need any help with anything. :om:

2 Likes

A small point. U can also sell ur lyrics for a good price. There r many out there who would buy.

1 Like