Music that reminds you of an entity/entities

I really feel like I only have two strong points of contact that I’d feel comfortable framing in this way.

First Isis, at least if you’ve encountered her in her more Mary-like presentations, I can’t think of a tune that satisfies me but as a producer - I’d want to come up with a track that has very blissed out white light atmospherics, almost oversaturated / lo-fi (get the ‘too bright to handle’ aspect), and then pin it down / reify it with an Icicle/Lomax bassline, a good example of what I mean by that would be the bassline that’s either in Warrior by Lomax and Kasra or Innocent X by Lomax. Why that reifying element I can’t say for sure, just seems like the right sort of anchor, and I think of how Trace played with that sort of dichotomy in his Mutant Revisited. The challenge with getting to know her better has been that she seems very hands off, a bit like she’ll play with you like you’re a baby cousin, almost as if to show affection but equally implying ‘I love you but you wouldn’t be able to hang, you’re just not ready yet’.

Lilith - there seems to be two primary ways people relate to seeing her, and I’d short-hand them as Irish Lilith and Albanian Lilith (red hair sort of 'Bordello of Blood vs black hair Morticia Adams, etc.). I tend more the later, ie. her Saturnian aspects. I actually do have some examples of what reminds me of her and I’ll throw those in a follow-up post. The best way I can describe it, a sensuality with something like an oldschool Metroid drawl to it where it’s very heavy, saturated, liquid, active at the edges in an electrical kind of way, alluring perhaps in a complaisant way but also the darkness in and of itself being a beckoning mystery - a bit like ‘gold comes from the north’. Fitting that description of Lilith I really feel like stuff with decisive, heavy, and long-hanging fourths delivers that image.

The examples for Lilith I mentioned above:

The vocal sample in this is a complete mismatch to it but the hanging / suspended chords that start around 1:30 do it well (0:45 - 1:30 not too bad either):

A little less pronounced here but drop in for a few seconds around 1:46:

This whole tune mildly works, the pads and descent in, particularly though it’s the rhodes (kind of repetitive but it hits around 2:45):

Also - any thoughts on what sort of contact Sevdaliza’s pulling? Aside from being a Jungian badass (love her art for that) I’d still guess it’s more Hecate oriented? I mean yeah she pulls sexuality into it but it’s more a branch rather than the center mass of her work which still seems to be about being the sort of person who lives a bit amphibiously - between ‘here’ and ‘there’.

2 Likes

All of Pussy Cat Dolls music reminds me of Rashoon

1 Like

Definitely Lucifer.

I mean C’MON!
Look at the lyrics the visuals and you will know what I meant by our beloved Lucifer.

3 Likes

I usually don’t listen to K-Pop, but damn, it reminds me so much of Lilith, and I don’t even work with her.

1 Like

This song was a message from Lady Astaroth and I always associate it with her or her energies. It even comes up unexpectedly when Astaroth wants to tell me something.

I like this, really catchy electronic vibe! Thanks for letting me discover this wonder!

2 Likes

100% reminds me of my pov to azazel

2 Likes

Killers mr. brightside is Lucifer
Hole celebrity skin reminds me of Lilith

2 Likes

reminds me of mother lilith n also how i want to be perceived.

” She is like a cat in the dark
And then she is to darkness
She rules her life like a fine skylark
And when the sky is starless
All your life you’ve never seen
Woman taken by the wind
Would you stay if she promised you heaven?”

1 Like

Mr. Brightside is my fave song. Defo can imagine Lucifer to it omggg

1 Like

Furfur:

2 Likes

Epic music reminds me about Attackeria, for example, this

The Greatest by Sia really reminds me of Duke Berith

king paimon because he’s been there for me a lot lately.

Lilith

Pazuzu

1 Like

Berith

Leave Me High by Richard Ashcroft

I see a lot of mentions of Behemoth ^^
Whenever I have any doubts about my current path, any song (especialy of The Satanist) will obliterate them. Despite the band and Nergal being a hot topic in the extreme metal scene. For me he embodies a good example of Luciferian principles

Anyway… I know Shine On You Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd is about Syd Barret. It reminds me of Lucifer as well.

Wisdom Cries by Aurora makes me think of the gnostic Sophia.

For some reason this reminds me of Lilith lol, might be the picture but also vibe of the song. Not necessarily the lyrics.

1 Like