Music and Ritual

So I want to begin experimenting with music to try to help me with trance and getting into the proper state when doing ritual. When I was a practicing Christian years ago, I LOVED the music used in the Church. There are certain types of rhythm or beat (not sure the correct musical term) that will literally send this energy all over my body. Now that I think about it, like it starts at the base of my spine and just spreads in a wave. Anyhow, I’ve always thought if I could tap into this same type of energy with darker forms of music, I could really get somewhere with ritual. Has anyone had this energetic experience with music? If so, do you know any music that would be great for ritual to experiment with? Right now I’m trying to work with the Qlippoth, so I’m trying to find music that would match that if possible.

Music has a very deep connection to all forms of magick, from the drums of shamanism and Voudon, to the dark buzz of electronic techno and Eris.

It is heavily individual though. For example, the rage inherent in death metal might help invoke the right mind set for an invocation of Aries for some, while for others the classical music of Wagner might be what’s necessary.

For your Qlippoth work, I would look towards what type of music speaks to you personally, and try to feel the energetic currents within it, and then make your choices based on that.

4 Likes

This is the church music I use for my rituals:

4 Likes

Music carries extremely high power in my opinion. From my young age music was and still is my own type of meditation. What I mean is that I never -till today- have followed a way of meditation “by the book”.

But listening and performing music is the WAY for me that would guide me to dive deep. Close my eyes and let myself go. The melodies have a huge impact inside me and now that I have started discovering the world of occult, listening to a song, or performing a song is also my very own way of meditating and “talk” to a spirit. Through silent thoughts while the music plays.

There are times when I got filled a strange and beautiful feeling during this process. It always felt this way while listening to music, but now I let the thoughts and the “talking” to the spirit I try to communicate, to fill me.

Also when I try to communicate through enn, the background music often reflects a strange impact in me. Sometime a specific “note” on this background music would hit me like electricity.

I am still discovering things but I think music is my personal “tool” of “getting somewhere”.

I even have composed a song dedicated to the spirit that I am trying to communicate with.
I played it live in front of 300 people and I did the spirit’s sigil on air.

I hope that the spirit was at least aware about my little offering. :slight_smile:

Opinions?

4 Likes

Wow! That’s awesome!

I always wanted to learn guitar or piano,but it’s hard for me to stay focused on one thing long enough. lol

1 Like

Also I want to share an recent experience that I had through a song.

I was sitting on a cafe thinking about all the stuff that has to do my communication with spirits and all the background stuff and the -strange- conditions that lead me to the world of occult. Suddenly a song started from the speaker’s of the place. A song that was not aware and I never heard before. I thought to myself: “Ok lets Shazam” the song, thinking the very next millisecond “if Shazam discovers the songs, all your problems would be solved”, OK I know this is not the correct way of thinking but it was something like an “inside game / joke” with me and my thoughts lets say. Suddenly the title of the song appeared on the mobile screen “Lilith”.

I was shocked. I thought that this was a sign that Lilith wants me to talk to her. that very night I did an Enn trying to approaching her, thanking her for the sign and telling her my story.

The next day came and I was in the same cafe. I speak sincerely that I have totally forgot the previous day’s song -its melody etc-. So the same thing happened. I was on the same cafe, listened the same song -WITHOUT remembering its melody or my previous day listening experience with it-… So I opened Shazam… The same title again. “Lilith”.

I did another enn to the goddess. Thanking her and tried to communicate.

This very second day -or a day after- I read here on the forum that she often communicates through technology stuff letting her name pop up. That she is friendly and that we should approach her as equal to equal.

So what do you think?

ps. The main spirit I try to work with is Lucifer.

2 Likes

I do not play guitar or piano either. I sing. I use my voice not only to sing but to compose melodies and stuff that become songs. Singing is the actual way for me to feel powerful and happy plus all those things I described above.

1 Like

I love it

2 Likes

Theres this amazing piano artist on youtube that invokes that type of energetic power into yourself. Combine it with ice water and darkness meditation and you got yourself a trip somewhere. His name is Myuu/Myuuji

2 Likes

You’re so cool… Rockstar :heart:

1 Like

Median Project - The Constellation Of Aries - YouTube I use things like these with high but balanced fHz.

The goal is to find something that you brain perceives as comforting or discomforting depending on the ritual for the desired affect to take place. I actually went into this in my journal post previously, but the over-all goal with music in ritual is to use it as a crutch to your actual desire. It creates emotions and bodily sensations based on specific frequencies that your body finds comforting or displeasing. It’s not the same for any one person as we all have a unique sense of what we want in life. Some people do share a similar wave however.

In terms of “darker” music, you’ll want to find something in the lower range however you will want to be careful going that direction as it can actually damage your ears as well as brain in a sense. Lower frequencies cause more of an impact since they get more into the low-end bass sounds.

My suggestion is to listen to music and find what makes you feel certain ways and to also research the entity or ritual you are choosing to work with and find what you feel is the best to deal with it sound wise.

1 Like

I cast my first real spell while on a night walk with Freezing Moon by Mayhem playing. To this day from the point of the breakdown on the drums to the end of the song puts me in trance.

If you want darker stuff this would be decent to look into. The album that song is off of (De Mysteriis dom Sathanas) has a church burning, suicide, and murder associated with it. Fun stuff.

Also ive been listening to this artist whose really been helping me get in the spooky mood :slight_smile:
Burning Apparition of the Master (US) - Demo II (2019) - YouTube
Give this at least a few minutes of listening. You might benefit from it

2 Likes