Motivation for exercise and weight loss

I’m almost entirely sedentary, which is the issue. Managed to do some sprint interval training today and will do some weights after work. I just really lack any sort of willpower , I’m naturally a lazy and hedonistic creature.

3 Likes

Sounds to me you need to rewire your brain and habbits to remove laziness. I highly recommend adding 30+ days of hypnosis and affirmations alongside any magickal workings you intend to do.

Look on Youtube for things like “reprogram brain to workout - hypnosis” or “eat only healthy food hypnosis” etc. Aim for files that are about 30-60 minutes long. Listen twice per day if possible, once when waking up (preferably during meditation) and once when going to sleep.

Bonus points if you actually start working out :joy:

5 Likes

During the pact you can say,in return I will give you 10 kilos🤣Then they will take it from you🤫

6 Likes

you guys crack me up, exercising with chronic pain is a doozy but I managed it today

4 Likes

I like my approach better, more incentive :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Good job

1 Like

I’m not that attached to life tbh :rofl:

3 Likes

This sounds quite intriguing. I wonder if it’ll work.

Try something easy, like tai chi or qi gong. There are forms of qi gong that can be done seated, if your chronic pain doesn’t allow you to stand long.

2 Likes

Work around the pain use medicine ball and machines at the gym instead of free weights. As for cardio this is summer try and swim 30 min a day 3 times a week once your body got use to it do 4 to 5 times week 45 min swim . As for diet eat proteins chicken Brest, eat salmon cause the oil in it aids with fat loss drink green tea 2times a day to boost your metabolism drink plenty of water cause ur body is 80%water eat 5 times a day small meals so you don’t go catabolic. Build some muscle all over your body to improve your metabolism and you burn more calories at rest also. Oh ya and eat your vegetables if you don’t like em throw them in the blender. That’s just basics. I am personall Trainer :smiley:

4 Likes

As for motivation you need to imagine and visualize yourself how will you feel and look once you reach your goal. :wink:
When you don’t feel like working out and you still go and work out those are the days that counts most and brings you closer to your goal

2 Likes

There are several decent hypnotic programs on YouTube which address this issue. Steve G Jones, and Paul Santisi are both straight forward in their respective scripts. Might help a bit. (Pauls astral projection vids are top notch as well… Keeps your mind on the ball, reinforces not freaking out as well)

2 Likes

Hi, Lisa. Sorry things aren’t going well in the diet and exercise department.
What I’ve been learning here in my mid-40’s is that if I don’t do my exercise (neckercises, backercises, yoga, posturecises, foot stretching), my neck WILL hurt, my back WILL hurt and feel weak, my body WILL feel tight and old, my shoulders WILL ache and I will look all humpback-y and old before my time, and I WON’T be able to dance well. The form of dancing I do requires my feet to be very stretchy. I can either pay money for reflexology or do my own foot stretching.
Pain isn’t good. Long term pain is really annoying. Aggravating. It makes me angry at myself for not doing what I know will prevent, and help.
As far as food in my body, if I eat Mounds or garlic bread or dairy, I likely WILL nearly shit myself. And my stomach will crunch and will hurt.
I get it. Those little swigs from that little carton of heavy whipping cream may taste FUCKING DREAMY but my poor tummy!
So this is some motivation: whatever at all that you do to take care of yourself and your body and your organs and your insides WILL help you do better magic, every time. Your magic will get better and better, it will be more and more focused. Dr. appointments get fewer and farther between. That’s money and time saved from gas in the car and appointment time, and the driving and the co-pays.
Also, some few words on “willpower.” Staying busy when you think you’re hungry. Find other shit to do that you enjoy that is also helpful to you. Video games may distract your attention, but crafting for your altar or learning some metalwork for your altar, stuff that is focused on your magic is value-added. It’s kinda like when you’re housecleaning. It’s not fun until you’re playing your favorite music. Then it’s fun. So turn on some Rammstein or something and scrub your bathroom.
A spell that you might do on yourself for weight loss, maybe you could envision what you WANT yourself to look like. Also it may not be so important what you’re putting into your body while you are losing weight that is fat, but the type of exercise. Lifting weights slowly tends to tone muscles rather than build, and fat melts away. You won’t lose actual weight, you will lose fat. Slow weight lifting will also sculpt, so if your ass has gotten fat and flabby, you can tone it up into a twerking ass.
I know how it feels to not be able to stick to anything, when it feels and looks like nothing I’m doing is working, and I can’t GAIN weight no matter what I’m eating. I’m tired all the time, I just want to sit down or lay down. But, being in my 40’s and not my 20’s, my body simply can’t sustain for me to fuck around anymore. I see my husband in his late 50’s breaking down because of his work, his crap diet, his chocolate milk, his chicken pot pies, his peanut butter cups, his open heart surgeries, his stents, his medications.
Good luck to you, Lisa! Let us know how it’s going, and when I’m not nearly shitting myself because I’m becoming more resistant to that WONDERFUL heavy whipping cream, I will do the same! :wink: :avocado: :bikini:

2 Likes

If you are still looking for a way, I have one. The way I get motivated is to get ego-boost from the girls at work and everywhere I go. We all love attention and it makes us feel good. When you feel good it comes out in to the world in everything you do. Make it a game but don’t link it to your self-esteem i.e., even if you think you are looking your best but no body even registers your presence it shouldn’t affect you in any way.

Get the book ‘The Yogatronic Diet by Frank Rudolph Young’. The author motivates you to fall in love with your body, you can’t help but stay motivated.

2 Likes

Eros really helps motivating exercise or any type of self work

2 Likes

You may need to meditate, repeat daily affirmations. Inorder to reset your mind to start your weight loss journey. I found this link interesting.Weight loss

1 Like

Welcome @Maria. Please introduce yourself in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any magical experience you may have. It is a rule of this forum.

Hiking long distances or swimming for miles will melt the fat off ya, but your joints may complain.

An amphetamine will suppress your appetite. As your doctor about Vyvanse or Adderall XR if you are in the USA. You will forget to eat on amphetamines. I guarantee it!

1 Like

You have to eat meat ! It helps you with your hormones, feeling full for a long time and gaining muscle ( you don’t want to lose muscle ) . Also , drinking water will help you in many ways ( feeling fulller , smaller retention of water … ) . One killo has 7200 kcal so you need to lose that much for one kg . Start lifting weights . It is great for losing weight and it will not Made you bulky . Eat fats because of your hormones !

1 Like

Well I lost some weight now and I have to lose a bit more. But it’s going the right direction. Walking more, exercising more.