Modifying the Evocation Technique?

Hello. I’m a newbie to this site. I have not yet purchased the Book of Azazel but I’m planning to next week. I’m wondering though, the book instructs on the method to evoke the spirit to physical appearance. That would take a bucket load of incense smoke. I’m currently in college and still live at home with my parents and so vast amounts of incense smoke coming from my room or even an overwhelming scent of incense could arouse curiosity (my parents are Baptist Christians) and i don’t want that.

So my question is this: is it possible to modify the evocation method and instead of a physical manifestation, achieve a visible manifestation where the spirit appears in a dark mirror?

Yeah I have a similar issue, I did something occult to keep others from poking their noses into what I do, so far things have worked out pretty well, but it would still be nice to be able to do this without the incense. Then I would be able to do this in my room where it would be easier to relax. Normally I use the bathroom and then filter the incense smell out afterwards.

Well hopefully someone can shed some light on if we’re able to modify it so the spirit can appear within a dark mirror. I’m really looking for a practical way to evoke spirits.

Look into scrying if you want to use a mirror.

I tried doing a evocation without incense the other day, instead of incense i used the darkness of the room, the results were pretty good.

That’s an interesting idea, I think I will give that a try in the future as it sounds promising. Who did you call?

Lately I’ve been trying to do away with the scrying mirror, either scrying intot he darkness or with my closed eyes. So this might work will enough.

Blood also works as a manifestation base.

I’m already pretty skilled at scrying, which is why I want to use a dark mirror rather than a physical evocation. In my opinion, as long as I get to create my empire and the spirit does it’s task I don’t really care whether it’s a physical or visible manifestation. But I prefer visible due to my living conditions.

That’s an interesting idea, I think I will give that a try in the future as it sounds promising. Who did you call?

Lately I’ve been trying to do away with the scrying mirror, either scrying intot he darkness or with my closed eyes. So this might work will enough.[/quote]

Belial

Necromaster…how much blood is needed to use it for evocation? And can it be ‘old blood’ like cows blood as opposed to fresh blood. My intuition here tells me Demons might be a tad insulted with some ropey old blood but I’m really not into the idea of killing things in my house you know!

Honestly, I usually just kill a stray cat and let that blood flow onto the tile floor in my ritual room. Fresh is always better

Well I don’t know about demons preferences for blood, but I do know about how the hawaiian god of war feels about it. A couple years ago I went on a paranormal tour of oahu. Our guide relayed a story about how once he visited an area where the hawaiian god of war was supposed to reside. A psychic in his group mentioned that the god of war was trying to tell him that if he offered human blood he could make him stronger. Now he wondered to himself if it would be ok to use chicken blood. The psychic in the group then said “he’s saying something about how he doesnt want a chicken.” Later on an egg materialized and hit his car.

Damn, you know I never mentioned this because of the 4th law of the magus, things have been working so well I figured it was safe enough to vaguely allude to, but a day later people are asking about why things smell funny. Looks like the 4th law of the magus made a monkey out of me. I’m going to have to lay low for awhile and not do any evocations around here, which’ll be a pain in the ass, going to have to use my freinds place.

EDIT: Good news though is my experiment of cutting out the incense using the darkness appears to be a success.

Damn, you know I never mentioned this because of the 4th law of the magus, things have been working so well I figured it was safe enough to vaguely allude to, but a day later people are asking about why things smell funny. Looks like the 4th law of the magus made a monkey out of me. I’m going to have to lay low for awhile and not do any evocations around here, which’ll be a pain in the ass, going to have to use my freinds place.

EDIT: Good news though is my experiment of cutting out the incense using the darkness appears to be a success.[/quote]

Glad to hear it :slight_smile:

So what’s the consensus here? Would it be possible to modify the ritual to achieve a manifestation within a dark mirror?

Anything is possible in the realms of magick.