Modern grimoires that contain sigils

Hey everyone. I’m looking for more modern grimoires that contain sigils of spirits one can evoke. So far the ones I have read and are aware of are:
The Book of Azazel - Koetting
Kingdom of Flames - Koetting
Summoning Spirits - Konstantinos
Queen of Hell - Mark Alan Smith
The Red King- Mark Alan Smith
The Scorpion God - Mark Alan Smith
The Practice of Magical Evocation - Franz Bardon

These are pretty much the only modern ones I’m aware of that have spirits and their sigils. I’m sure there are more. Can anyone recommend any additional ones that are considered modern and have sigils?

3 Likes

The only one I can think of is Evoking Eternity by Koetting. Advanced Planetary Magick by Jason Miller has some planetary seals, for invoking the powers of the planets, but you’re specifically looking for sigils for evoking, correct? Konstantinos’ book Nocturnicon has some sigils for evoking Lovecraftian entities, if I’m not mistaken. There are very few new books I can think of that provide original sigils; most just regurgitate sigils from older sources like Agrippa and the Goetia.

the dictionary. only thing is, it doesn’t have sigils. however, you can make your own

spirits are verbs. the dictionary has many verbs. conjure into the spirit of any verb that represents what you want to happen and sigilize it.

food for thought, take it or leave it as you will

[quote=“the fool, post:3, topic:3242”]the dictionary. only thing is, it doesn’t have sigils. however, you can make your own

spirits are verbs. the dictionary has many verbs. conjure into the spirit of any verb that represents what you want to happen and sigilize it.

food for thought, take it or leave it as you will[/quote]

This, I can’t even begin to explain how happy I am to see this.

Thanx, I forgot about the lovecraftian entities- gonna check that out

[quote=“the fool, post:3, topic:3242”]the dictionary. only thing is, it doesn’t have sigils. however, you can make your own

Yeah, I thought about this before. I know you could make your own sigils of any spirit you have the name of utilizing different methods such as the Rose Cross. However, I don’t think they are as effective as the sigils that are given by the spirits themselves or the ones that are most commonly and frequently used. I’m sure I can evoke a spirit using a sigil that I make myself but I think it may be a little harder to tap into his energy and get him to show up. It may take a bit more skill.

At the moment I’m just looking for all the published sigils of spirits out there. Thanx

**Also, someone mentioned the book “Crossed Keys”- does anyone know if this book contains sigils?

Gates Of Dozak by Michael Ford has a large number of sigils for demons, and you can preview a decent amount of it in google books.

You can also search the internet for the sigils of any spirit that appeals to you, that will often turn up a result.

Gates Of Dozak by Michael Ford has a large number of sigils for demons, and you can preview a decent amount of it in google books.

You can also search the internet for the sigils of any spirit that appeals to you, that will often turn up a result.[/quote]

Thanks, I will definitely check that Michael Ford book out

Yes. The Crossed Keys does contain sigiks but only for the 11 spirits contained in it. And the spirits in it can also be found in other grimoires, along with their sigils. So I wouldn’t buy it for sigils alone .

I’ve been thinking about this lately. IMO, it would be a great idea for an occult writer/publisher to make a single book about spirits, their descriptions, and their sigils. A spirit dictionary of sorts that has sigils. It should include all the spirits and the sigils known to exist. This should include all the spirits in the books I mentioned above. I’m sure there might be some legal/copyright issues, but maybe there is a way to get it done. What do you guys think of the idea?

HAHAHAHAHA YEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!

spirits are verbs… man… you hit the spot

…its already been done. Plenty of times

Some that come to mind that are quite good.

1. infernal colopatiron
  2. Gateways Through Stone and Circle
  3. Crossed Keys
  4. Book of Azazel

I repeat book of Azazel because the entities in that book VERY good. Once I finish my work with Michael and a few other celestial s that is probably going to be my #1 book for awhile.

…its already been done. Plenty of times[/quote]
I thought I was clear enough, but I don’t think you understand what I mean. I said “All” spirits and their sigils. And I said “All” the spirits in the books mentioned above.
Which would mean a single book that contains all of the spirits mentioned in Koetting’s books, Bardon’s book, the Necronomicon, and every other book that has spirit sigils. That’s why I said there could be legal/copyright issues in making such a book. It would be extraordinarily useful to just pick up one big book where you could look up a spirit alphabetically or look up all the spirits in a particular heading such as “wealth”. You would be able to find all the spirits ever published that deal with, for example(under the heading) “wealth”, that are from various books from various authors.

I’ve considered putting something like that together for my own personal use but it’s way too much work. It may not sound likely that such a thing could be made due to copyright issues, so I highly doubt such a book exists.

[quote=“XXShadowXX, post:14, topic:3242”]I thought I was clear enough, but I don’t think you understand what I mean. I said “All” spirits and their sigils. And I said “All” the spirits in the books mentioned above.
Which would mean a single book that contains all of the spirits mentioned in Koetting’s books, Bardon’s book, the Necronomicon, and every other book that has spirit sigils. That’s why I said there could be legal/copyright issues in making such a book. It would be extraordinarily useful to just pick up one big book where you could look up a spirit alphabetically or look up all the spirits in a particular heading such as “wealth”. You would be able to find all the spirits ever published that deal with, for example(under the heading) “wealth”, that are from various books from various authors.

I’ve considered putting something like that together for my own personal use but it’s way too much work. It may not sound likely that such a thing could be made due to copyright issues, so I highly doubt such a book exists.[/quote]

Copyright issues? Unless the spirit is a thoughtform or egregore then it doesn’t belong to anyone. So such a book could be written, but why do it when they’re already available elsewhere. Plus, all the books and authors you mentioned can be found in PDF format so I doubt anyone would write up a book that contains the same information easily found for free if one knows how to search for it.

Wouldn’t this work better as a Wikipedia style site?

[quote=“Baphomet, post:15, topic:3242”][quote=“XXShadowXX, post:14, topic:3242”]I thought I was clear enough, but I don’t think you understand what I mean. I said “All” spirits and their sigils. And I said “All” the spirits in the books mentioned above.

I’ve considered putting something like that together for my own personal use but it’s way too much work. It may not sound likely that such a thing could be made due to copyright issues, so I highly doubt such a book exists.[/quote]

Copyright issues? Unless the spirit is a thoughtform or egregore then it doesn’t belong to anyone. So such a book could be written, by do it when they’re already available elsewhere. Plus, all the books and authors you mentioned can be found in PDF format so I doubt anyone who write up a book that contains the same information easily found for free if one knows how to search for it.[/quote]
Another simple minded answer. You saying there would be absolutely no copyright issues is naive. The spirits may not belong to anyone one person, but when you put words and symbols on paper and copyright them, the words/symbols belong to that one person. I acknowledged the possibility of such issues arising. To say the possibility doesn’t exist at all, when you hear of copyright court cases all the time over the dumbest of crap, is again naive.

And why would someone write such a book? Maybe for the convenience. I personally would like to just pick up one book when searching for a spirit rather than shifting through numerous books. And I am sure there are others who would agree.

You say that “I doubt anyone would write up a book that contains the same information easily found for free if one knows how to search for it”. Well not everyone knows how to get it for free. Even when they do get a free pdf, people sometimes buy the books. And you know there are beginners that aren’t familiar with all those books. If such a single book was published by a well known occult author, I’m sure there would be many on this forum rushing to get it.
And this is a stupid topic to be arguing over. But it was extremely obvious you were eager to knock my idea without even trying to understand what I was saying. That’s all I will say anymore on this topic.

[quote=“XXShadowXX, post:17, topic:3242”][quote=“Baphomet, post:15, topic:3242”][quote=“XXShadowXX, post:14, topic:3242”]I thought I was clear enough, but I don’t think you understand what I mean. I said “All” spirits and their sigils. And I said “All” the spirits in the books mentioned above.

Copyright issues? Unless the spirit is a thoughtform or egregore then it doesn’t belong to anyone. So such a book could be written, by do it when they’re already available elsewhere. Plus, all the books and authors you mentioned can be found in PDF format so I doubt anyone who write up a book that contains the same information easily found for free if one knows how to search for it.[/quote]
Another simple minded answer. You saying there would be absolutely no copyright issues is naive. The spirits may not belong to anyone one person, but when you put words and symbols on paper and copyright them, the words/symbols belong to that one person. I acknowledged the possibility of such issues arising. To say the possibility doesn’t exist at all, when you hear of copyright court cases all the time over the dumbest of crap, is again naive.

And why would someone write such a book? Maybe for the convenience. I personally would like to just pick up one book when searching for a spirit rather than shifting through numerous books. And I am sure there are others who would agree.

You say that “I doubt anyone would write up a book that contains the same information easily found for free if one knows how to search for it”. Well not everyone knows how to get it for free. Even when they do get a free pdf, people sometimes buy the books. And you know there are beginners that aren’t familiar with all those books. If such a single book was published by a well known occult author, I’m sure there would be many on this forum rushing to get it.
And this is a stupid topic to be arguing over. But it was extremely obvious you were eager to knock my idea without even trying to understand what I was saying. That’s all I will say anymore on this topic.[/quote]

…no one is trying to knock anything. And if there are copyright issues then why haven’t authors like JSK, Lon Milo Duquette, Joe Peterson, Stephen Skinner, Davind Rankine, Frater Thaibon, Michael Cecchetelli, among dozens more been sued by their competing publishing houses? All those authors published books that contain some of the same spirits and sigils as any other author who writes on the subject. So according to what you’re saying, they and their publishers should be battling a multitude of copyright infringement lawsuits. No clue why you’re so sensitive, but ok, have a good day.

[quote=“XXShadowXX, post:14, topic:3242”]I thought I was clear enough, but I don’t think you understand what I mean. I said “All” spirits and their sigils. And I said “All” the spirits in the books mentioned above.
Which would mean a single book that contains all of the spirits mentioned in Koetting’s books, Bardon’s book, the Necronomicon, and every other book that has spirit sigils. That’s why I said there could be legal/copyright issues in making such a book. It would be extraordinarily useful to just pick up one big book where you could look up a spirit alphabetically or look up all the spirits in a particular heading such as “wealth”. You would be able to find all the spirits ever published that deal with, for example(under the heading) “wealth”, that are from various books from various authors.[/quote]

A book for lazy people who are too mean both financially, and in terms of time they care to spend, to research individual authors, and who think anything approaching “all” the spirits have even been contacted, logged, and/or that sigils are the only/best way to contact them?

There could be a reason such a thing doesn’t exist, and not JUST copyright!

I've considered putting something like that together for my own personal use but it's way too much work.

:wink:

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:19, topic:3242”][quote=“XXShadowXX, post:14, topic:3242”]I thought I was clear enough, but I don’t think you understand what I mean. I said “All” spirits and their sigils. And I said “All” the spirits in the books mentioned above.
Which would mean a single book that contains all of the spirits mentioned in Koetting’s books, Bardon’s book, the Necronomicon, and every other book that has spirit sigils. That’s why I said there could be legal/copyright issues in making such a book. It would be extraordinarily useful to just pick up one big book where you could look up a spirit alphabetically or look up all the spirits in a particular heading such as “wealth”. You would be able to find all the spirits ever published that deal with, for example(under the heading) “wealth”, that are from various books from various authors.[/quote]

A book for lazy people who are too mean both financially, and in terms of time they care to spend, to research individual authors, and who think anything approaching “all” the spirits have even been contacted, logged, and/or that sigils are the only/best way to contact them?

There could be a reason such a thing doesn’t exist, and not JUST copyright!

I've considered putting something like that together for my own personal use but it's way too much work.

;)[/quote]
:slight_smile: