Mentor / friends

Hi everyone, I am Mae and stumbled upon this path roughly 3/4 years ago.

I am sure this gets asked a million times, but in all seriousness I am hoping to be guided towards either potential mentors or maybe friends.

I am starting from complete scratch and relearning from the beginning.

1 Like

Hi. There are of course various systems, but for example the one of EA Koetting starts with the 3 Godlike Powers, then there are spellcasting and pathworking (Black magick, Voudoun…)
The first Godlike power is Divination, corresponding to Omniscience. Here there’s accordance between Koetting and Israel Regardie; he likewise wrote about divination as a possible starting point. The options range from ouija and pendulum to Tarot and runes, scrying, astrology.
The second Godlike power is Evocation, which corresponds to Omnipotence. The third one is Soul Travel (Omnipresence).
2 principles are reaching the “Theta-Gamma Sync” i. e. the magickal trance, and that the clairvoyant visions or summoned spirits or out of body experience are often, at first, imagined. Then, with each working, they may be almost felt more and more physical.
To enter a trance you may tense and release the muscles, then focus on your breath. By deepening relaxation you may reach the Theta brainwaves. They are “present” also before sleep; here the idea is to stay awake, after a while you’ll progress to Gamma brainwaves.
It’s from this state that it’s possible to see in a magickal mirror, hear spirits, leave the body etc.
One can do rituals and spells “no props” (direct or mental magick) or by using tools (ceremonial magick), with also possibilities in between.
A training you may practice is about visualization. Imagine simple geometrical figures in black and white, then colored and more complex, followed by objects, people and so on.

1 Like

Thank-you so much for sharing this detailed response. I really appreciate it. :purple_heart:

1 Like