Melinda & Ed Warren (from conjuring movie) talking about the truth on demons?

Fair points.
I will also say that I think blind faith without any logic is a trap and I´d advise anyone to avoid it. It is actually possible to be sceptical and have faith too, but it did take some time for me to get there (and it´s an ongoing process yadayada…).

1 Like

Yes exactly! Don’t get me wrong. I do treat them as friends anyway. I have great respect for them, I don’t command them (unless they don’t honor my boundaries) and I love Theodore Rose’s notion of calling them beside you, instead of in front of you. Seems a lot more friendly to me. But as I can’t read them as easily as they might be able to read us. I stay somewhat alert of what the dynamic is and what it’s heading to. They are also either powerful egregores or age-old beings, so I’d say take that in account too. They might not care about us individually as much as we hope they do. So I do keep my eyes and ears open at all times. I might be imagining it, but I get a sense that the spirits I connect to respect that. At least they don’t seem to judge me for it.

Plus if you only have a transactional relationship with them (nothing wrong with that btw), that relationship will never really go beyond the measure of how useful you are to one another. Just as it goes between humans.

I think keeping that in mind also prevents possible problems, but in the end this is my style. If treating it as a total friendship works for you, that is awesome. I love the way how individualistic this path is, how approaches can differ immensely but can be equally successful anyway.

Yes, I do think that part is real and true too. But I think a lot of it is people that haven’t done any groundwork and either related or not people that are dealing with impostors and/ or parasites. Maybe someone that is kinda weak-willed but chains and commands them as if he’s King Solomon. I can understand a being like Abaddon or Belial would really love to have some fun with someone like that, instead of kindly helping them. I mean, that is what I’d do for fun as well ^^
Of course what people also expect from all the “demons are cuddly” info lately, compared what they get results in that they freak out when they get seriously tested when they demand a better life. Or they freak out when a truly “dark” and powerful force slithers through instead of the loving mommy or daddy figure they expected.
All in all, I think she might speak the truth but we just don’t know the whole story and maybe she doesn’t either.

I also hated her judging being focused on earthly and material pleasures. I mean, sure it holds you back spiritually. I don’t really focus on getting material pleasures on my path, but that’s a choice everyone can make for themselves. Most of us skilled enough to work with infernal spirits, without having to run to mediums as soon as they give us an ‘ouchie’ are knowledgeable enough to make an informed choice…

I know fuck-all about working with angels, but as far as I’ve seen you can also work with them for purely materialistic or even very baneful outcomes as well, right?

I REALLY hate it when people make it into some sort of a enlightenment contest, everyone’s got their own path. None of us are 100% right.

2 Likes

Something completely different…

I’ve just scrolled through Melinda’s youtube vids. I get immensely triggered by most of the titles alone.
I can’t be arsed now, because I am trying to hold back reacting to some of them without even haven watched them. (I mean… the dangers of the afterschool club from the TST…??? REALLY??? teaching kids in the bible belt the scientific method and critical thinking…) <— as you can see I can’t help myself.

I think I’ve found my next “try not to get triggered that easy” exercise ^^

1 Like

Unlisting a post until the mods have made a decision about how to continue with its content is not bias, its checking in. Its what member moderation is for. You joined this community 4 days ago, so let me explain this to you: member moderation is part of this community. Members have the right to check in with the mods about the content of a posting; not just leaders, every member on this board is encouraged to reach out to the mods about something that doesn’t sit right for whatever reason.

Accusing mods of something in such a vague manner but adding “I’m not going to say which ones but many people can figure out” with a passive-aggressive undertone begs the question if there is anything that you might want to discuss in that context with the people you ARE referring to. Unlisting this thread until the accused parties have a chance to reach out to you before other folks chime in or giving you flak for this is not biased, its an act of modesty :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t really understand what you are getting at.I am not saying black magicians are all just honest sweethearts. Especialy with selling online readings and rituals. If people are willing to pay for a service that is not completely and physically verifiable, you can bet that it attracts a lot of grifters
Mediums take a very special place in my vengeful heart, though.

I also don’t care exactly why this youtuber made this video. It’s full of half truths and prejudice, blanketed by a very hollow “I’m not christian” statement.I’ve seen some of her other videos in the meantime.
I can tell she is the kind of person that is a lot less open minded than she is willing to admit and will gaslight and twist facts into half truths just so her opinion seems to have more weight. All I’ve seen so far is judgement and shitting on other subcultures, not a lot of helping people.

1 Like

It was Morbid. The podcast is called Morbid. I think it’s episode 465: The Devil Made me do it.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I am going to give it a listen tomorrow.